Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Who's Got The Oldest Firehouse?

13 posts in this topic

Just curious who has the oldest operating firehouse in Westchester?

Ardsley has to be up there, with their one and only firehouse built in 1896.

Ossining and Mamaroneck Village may have older houses

Oldest in Yonkers is Station 6- built in 1902.

Rye Station 1 1908? with a 1977? addition the but renovations are underway

Hastings FD, Engien 44's house was built in 1886!!!!! but the house have a renovation done to the front in the late 1990's.

port chester headquarters was built in 1906.south main fire house is older than it but not sure on date

port chester headquarters was built in 1906.south main fire house is older than it but not sure on date

Station 4: 1908

well since we are talking about this yesterday 7-10-05 i seemed to walk into my company parlors at headquartes and the back ceiling had collapsed all over the back room the computer equip it was just a mess and seem to be wen the renov the firehouse they never changed the ceiling cause the rock had horse hairs in it to hold strentgh iff that collapsed i wonder whats next.. not to mention there also is a 20ft hole in the apperatus floor coverd by metal plates what a shame to see a beautiful bldg get ruined because the village takes forever to get things done

Patience, patience.................. good things will come to those who wait. Remember patience is a virtue.

Peekskill Cortlandt Hook & Ladder Sta. 1 was built in the early 1800's. Although, it was a regular house in those days. But was occupied by the company in 1831 I believe and added to. If anyone is up our way, stop in and check out our historical room, pics of when it was someone's home also many pics of past events and fires. Some of the material goes way back.

Senate H&L Co. (Ladder 41) quarters in Ossining located on Main St. was built in the 1860's-1880's. This house is also Steamer Co.'s (Eng.98's) house they are connected. They are technically underneath Senate but there meeting room is on the same level as Senate's Truck room. Speaking of which the New Ossining Headquarters on State St. is coming along. As everyone probably know's this will be Senate's new home Along with Rescue 14, there Rig is currently housed at Holla Hose's (Eng.100) quarters on the South Side.

Sleepy Hollow has an old house. Eng. 85 (Rescue Hose) still has Automatic Wooden Folding doors. Regardless I don't know how old but it definetly is up there.

Sleepy Hollow has an old house. Eng. 85 (Rescue Hose) still has Automatic Wooden Folding doors. Regardless I don't know how old but it definetly is up there.

Rescue Hose is not as old as you would think... 1920...

-cmc-