Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mstrang1

Briarcliff FD/Archville FD Response

19 posts in this topic

The other day while driving up Route 9, I saw Briarcliff FD pulling up to what looked like an MVA in the parking lot adjacent to Archville FDs Firehouse. Can anyone tell me why ARCHVILLE was not dispatched from this call as it was about 150 feet from the apron? I also know that BFD responds to Sleepy Hollow CC, which, I believe, they have to pass AFD House to get to. What gives?

Out of curiosity--did you hear Briarcliff get dispatched? Archville may have gotten dispateched also--or the wrong disp info was given utting it in Briarcliff. It was probably engine 92--(I would assume) which is only down off scarborough rd.

But--I could be wrong--wasn't there and didn't hear it

One thing I do know, Briarcliff FD-EMS responds to Archville's FD juristiction. I don't know specifics to this call, but was it an Ambulance, Chief, or Fire Apparatus that you saw?

I heard the dispatch information yesterday and i did not hear Archville at all being dispatched! Briarcliff EMS being dispatched. ARCHVILLE FD COVERS THERE AREA AS THE PRIMARY FD BUT BRIARCLIFF EMS SENDS AN AMBULANCE UPON REQUEST BY POLICE. This area there is a lot of confusion because there has been numerous times when Sleepy Hollow FD/EMS respond as first in due to response time, but it is Archville's fire district and Briarcliff sends there ambulance if needed!

.... but it is Archville's fire district and Briarcliff sends there ambulance if needed!

There are other setups similar to this in the county.

Example: The Town of North Castle consists of Armonk FD, Banksville FD and North White Plains FD. If there's an EMS call in any of those areas, Armonk FD/EMS responds as the primary EMS provider (exception of North White Plains, where Valhalla VAC is the provider).

I know that depending on the call Briarcliff either sends an engine or their rescue on the call with the bus

Either way Briaircliff or Sleepy Hollow depending on what is needed helps out Archville!

The other day while driving up Route 9, I saw Briarcliff FD pulling up to what looked like an MVA in the parking lot adjacent to Archville FDs Firehouse.  Can anyone tell me why ARCHVILLE was not dispatched from this call as it was about 150 feet from the apron?  I also know that BFD responds to Sleepy Hollow CC, which, I believe, they have to pass AFD House to get to.  What gives?

On that call the BMFD ambulance was dispatched and the ambulance responds with Engine 92 or Rescue 37 depending on the side of town and the trucks provide EMS assist. At that car accident the patient was very heavy and the two ambulance members on scene could not handle the patient's weight so Engine 92 was sent to help lift the patient and 92 then responded with the ambulance to Phelps to help lift the patient out of ambulance and throught the hospital.

For further incidents, Briarcliff Ambulance roles first due to accidents in Archville's district and 92 usually stands by and waits for orders from the chief as to whether to respond or not.

Thats right i completely forgot ENGINE 92 and RESCUE 37 roll completely as an EMS ASSIST because of MANPOWER but i still think if that was the case then ARCHVILLE should have been dispatched!

Thats right i completely forgot ENGINE 92 and RESCUE 37 roll completely as an EMS ASSIST because of MANPOWER but i still think if that was the case then ARCHVILLE should have been dispatched!

Briarcliff has no manpower problems. It is just a call protocal as is in many other departments and the also have a truck roll with the ambulance to help lift the patient because sometimes they are to heavy for some of our ambulance crews and a extra hand is needed. Our job is to help out the community and serve. We are trying to help patient care and ability to take them to where they need to go to get help as fast as possible. If it requires a few firemen who are stronger then the personnel on the ambulance to speed the patient removal process and overall operation then let them respond.

First of all briarcliff engine 92 and ambulance are dispachted to that are of route 9 only to ibm with archville the rest of the way the are assisted by sleepy hollow cscelza you should know that by know.

Sometimes the problem can be the confusion caused by Archville's area having a Briarcliff mailing address. There have also been occasions when 60 will dispatch Archville into Briarcliff and vice versa. As for responses to the country club, the club property is bisected into the 2 fire districts. As long as the call is covered I don't care.

As long as the call is covered I don't care.

Whew, someone finally got the point

I understand that the call got covered, and that is the whole point of it all. I did not hear the dispatch, only saw the engine (I assume 92), after following the bus up the hill. I assumed (I know about assuming, yada yada yada) that it was a minor accident and the engine was only there for BLS support.

I remember there was an intense thread on this site regarding BMFD going that route. But can anyone tell me, just for $h!ts and giggles, exactly what the area that AFD covers? Also, being such a small (...or so it seems) district and dept, do they have automatic mutual aid agreements?

The call probably got dispatched as a minor mva no fire apparatus needed but when the ambulance got to the scene they realized they needed the extra backs. So yes you are right the engine was there for BLS support. The ems crew was following BMFD's protocol for lift assists where they call for eng 92 or Res 37 depending on what side of the village the call is on. Regarding Archville's district, as far as I know there district covers the extreme southern end of the Sleepy Hollow Country Club (with the district line virtually going through the horse stables). They also cover Sleepy Hollow rd and the extension up until the borders of the Village of Briarcliff and Sleepy Hollow. I don't know if AFD's district includes Phelps are not but they do protect most of Rockfeller Park by the river and the old IBM building which I think is now New York Life. They have a mutual aid agreement with Pocantico Hills for all structure calls. There is an agreement with Briarcliff, where Eng 92 responds as requested by Archville's IC to the scene of MVA's. Since Archville was not dispatched for this mva the IC most likely was the ambulance's crew chief who requested the help for lifting. I also want to point out that the majority, if not all, of Archville's fire district is covered by Briarcliff Ambulance. If I missed anything I'm sure engine 235 or any member of Scarborough Engine Company will correct me. Hope this has been helpful.

As long as they got what they needed first, the other is peripheral.

Second, when the ambulance said they needed lift help, they use their PD, their Pd is gonna send their FD. If 60 dispatched them, which is rather interesting being one chief works there, then perhaps the closest unit would go. But if I was there and knew a crew was in whatever unit I would get, I'm calling them regardless where it is.

How many calls a year does archville do?

As long as they got what they needed first, the other is peripheral. 

Second, when the ambulance said they needed lift help, they use their PD, their Pd is gonna send their FD.  If 60 dispatched them, which is rather interesting being one chief works there, then perhaps the closest unit would go.  But if I was there and knew a crew was in whatever unit I would get, I'm calling them regardless where it is. 

How many calls a year does archville do?

They get a bit especially accidents on 9 and rte 117 they also role on all calls with pocantico hills

The call probably got dispatched as a minor mva no fire apparatus needed but when the ambulance got to the scene they realized they needed the extra backs.  So yes you are right the engine was there for BLS support.  The ems crew was following BMFD's protocol for lift assists where they call for eng 92 or Res 37 depending on what side of the village the call is on.  Regarding Archville's district, as far as I know there district covers the extreme southern end of the Sleepy Hollow Country Club (with the district line virtually going through the horse stables).  They also cover Sleepy Hollow rd and the extension up until the borders of the Village of Briarcliff and Sleepy Hollow.  I don't know if AFD's district includes Phelps are not but they do protect most of Rockfeller Park by the river and the old IBM building which I think is now New York Life.  They have a mutual aid agreement with Pocantico Hills for all structure calls.  There is an agreement with Briarcliff, where Eng 92 responds as requested by Archville's IC to the scene of MVA's.  Since Archville was not dispatched for this mva the IC most likely was the ambulance's crew chief who requested the help for lifting.  I also want to point out that the majority, if not all, of Archville's fire district is covered by Briarcliff Ambulance.  If I missed anything I'm sure engine 235 or any member of Scarborough Engine Company will correct me.  Hope this has been helpful.
ont all of it they share districts with pocantico hill and sleep hollow ambulance cover up to the farm past the pocanticon hills elementary / middle school