Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Armonk Everything else

15 posts in this topic

I don't follow - what does "Briarcliff covered transmission with their PAGER TEST" mean?

Was part /all of 60 control's Armonk dispatch transmission lost due to Briarcliff's signal 10-3? thanks

Probably...

I don't follow - what does "Briarcliff covered transmission with their PAGER TEST" mean?

Was part /all of 60 control's Armonk dispatch transmission lost due to Briarcliff's signal 10-3?  thanks

It means not much thinking went into the thought of doing a radio test, When another Fire Dept. is transmitting a structure fire. Possibly knocking out important information. [-X :-k

While i totally agree with youo guys 100%, this topic has been discussed 100 times already on other threads. If you guys want to discuss radio traffic during this incident, i suggest you start a thread in the communications section.

*just an idea....Whenever i, or anyone else, at my department needs to send out a page, we check with 60-Control first via a land-line.

....are mt. kisco, Chappaqua and North White Plains really the nearest fire dept.'s or were some departments just skipped over?

TomO,

I am not sure how well you know the Armonk Fire district but both Chappaqua and Mt. Kisco's fire districts boarder Armonk's, and where the fire was last night was close to the boarder of all three. Who by chance got skipped over?

As far as North White Plains. The Town of North Castle consists of three fire districts, Armonk, Banksville and North White Plains. That is why they were called.

...apparently not well lol...thought mayb pleasantville or valhalla. maybe round hill since it seems they weren't called despite having a crew ready to go..

while I believe Armonk does tend to go out of their way at times to keep it in North Castle. This is one case where due to the location, I believe the appropriate depts were called (as far as skipping Mt. Pleasant) Armonk is a pain in the a$$ to get into as we have no direct road into that part of town

YES, Briarcliff did put out their 10-3 at a really really bad time, and YES, it has been discussed more than 100 times. We need not go there. All I know is that I couldn't hear an Armonk unit. As for M/A, I think it all went well in my opinion.

How does Armonk go out of it's way to keep it in North Castle? On Friday's fire they had Mt. Kisco, Chappaqua, Millwood, Golden's Bridge, Round Hill, Poundridge, and Bedford, as well as NWP and Banksville.

Pleasantville and Thornwood also touch armonk's district and I think the last time one of us was called in mutual aide was in the 1960's. In fact 120 is cover by all three of us in certian areas :-k

well Armonk had two fires in a week how many poeple beside the big citys had that?????!!! the Armonk fire had done a good job and that they had been prepared. armonk had calle many times form all around, if AFD had been near that border  

so all  of you buffsyou should not be in this network becaseu you only chace fires not put they out  

so you should not talk till you have been in a burning bulding trying to save a life!!!

Are you kidding me?

2 fires in a week. Coincidence, that's all it was. How many fires do you have a year? Mohegan's had 3 fires in a day and other departments have had multiple structures in a week and even in a day. You aren't the first, nor will you be the last to have this occurence.

As far as saying, and I quote

"so all  of you buffs you should not be in this network becaseu you only chace fires not put they out  

so you should not talk till you have been in a burning bulding trying to save a life!!!

You're WAY out of line. What are you talking about?

MANY people on this board have been in a fire situation many times and probaly many more times then you will ever see in your entire run. The fact that you get such a level of glory and ego out of these fires without seeing the whole picture is despicable. You were doing your job, you did it, get over it. And as far as saving a life, let's not forget about property too.

BTW, I hope you spend as much energy talking to the devloper about installing dry hydrants and storage tanks!!!

BTW, I hope you spend as much energy talking to the devloper about installing dry hydrants and storage tanks!!!

Well said! =D>

How does Armonk go out of it's way to keep it in North Castle? On Friday's fire they had Mt. Kisco, Chappaqua, Millwood, Golden's Bridge, Round Hill, Poundridge, and Bedford, as well as NWP and Banksville.

May I ask a Question? Does anybody else think calling in 9 Fire Depts. for a house Fire seem to be the norm now a days, ( if this is a factual statement) not counting the home Dept. Please this is not to be negative, but this didn't happen a few yrs ago. :roll:

As stated by x635, why not ask for these tanks to be installed in these areas? I have seen tanks like these installed in parts of NH that are without hydrants as per code. BTW are there any automatic Tanker responses to the non-hydrant areas anywhere in the upper county? or is it as deemed neccessary by the ic?I have seen thes