Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

So, how do you like the new forum?

53 posts in this topic

Nice Job seth on site set but it will take time to get use to the different features

Horry,

The "radio" refers to the term "Radio Button", a button used when selecting a feature when subscribing.

You need to set the board time to your time zone via your User Control Panel.

You cannot edit your post after 10 minutes.

Let's try and keep this thread with feedback about the new board, any further questions from anyone.... please create a new thread in this section to discuss your question.

Keep the feedback coming!

You mean i cant keep emtbravo time.

Gonna take a bit to get used to from the old, but if makes life easier for you then its AOK.

how do you put a picture for your name and profile?

Will be great as soon as I figure it out--why the change if I might ask?

Some brief reason for the change include:

-Technical issues with the old forum software, and limited features

-To be able to add features that allow us to better manage the board, and features that will allow members to get more from the board, such as an intergrated event calendar.

-To add many requested features, such as the ability to upload your own avatar.

-More powerful, faster, and stable software platform and server

Among many other reasons.....

We will be able to do many new cool things with this board, so stay tuned. I guarantee as you get to know it, you it'll grow on you and you will get to like it.

Learn about all the new features here:

http://emtbravo.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=Help

Are you going to post the last 6 topics which are posted and the incidents on the EMTBravo homepage again?

I like it, but I wish it had the last 10 post scroller at the bottom? B)

I miss the scroller too, but there are plenty of options to keep up with the new topics on this board. I'm going to see if there is some way to bring back the scroller though.

Are you going to post the last 6 topics which are posted and the incidents on the EMTBravo homepage again?

We're considering our options at this time. Look for this feature to reappear in some format later this summer.

I like it, but I wish it had the last 10 post scroller at the bottom? :D

George and others,

I added a "5 Most Recent Posts" module to the top of the forum. It doesn't scroll, ut it is otherwise similar to the 10 Topics Scroll of the old forum.

How do you like it?

My question is, do you want it on top of the forum or on the bottom, like before?????

I liked it better on the bottom, but that's just me.

I like it but when you enter on the old one pictures showed up on the new one it does not it do it. if it does i dont see it

I cant say Im for the change, I find it very hard to figure out what Ive read already. Topics that have new posts arent moved up to the top, making me scroll down to locate them. Im sure I will get used to it eventually, who am I to complain it isnt my site so I guess Ill just have to stick it out.

i would like to say i like it but i saw something missing there's no IA in the begeining of the emtbravo site. i was wandering if that was comeing back?

I cant say Im for the change, I find it very hard to figure out what Ive read already.  Topics that have new posts arent moved up to the top, making me scroll down to locate them.  Im sure I will get used to it eventually, who am I to complain it isnt my site so I guess Ill just have to stick it out.

Yes, topics with new posts do go to the top. Also, YOU are in control of the order of topics and how each forum is displayed. Just scoll to the bottom of each forum, and it gives you a variety of options on how to display the topics and in what order....choose the options that best fit your needs and click Go...and you're all set.

Also, are you aware of the "View New Topics", "Todays Active Topics", and "My Assistant" features??? All those will bring ALL the new posts and topics since your last visit to one central screen.

I'm also working on getting new post icons that are easier to differentiate.

Additionally, for an easier, quicker way to read through topics, also check out the lo-fi version. You can't reply, but if your just reading it may be easier.

http://emtbravo.invisionzone.com/lofiversion/index.php/

It does take some getting used to. I initially wanted to switch back, but now I do not think I am....the features of this board have made administering it so much easier and faster for me, and have made using it more fun and interesting to use the board.

i would like to say i like it but i saw something missing there's no IA in the begeining of the emtbravo site. i was wandering if that was comeing back?

That question has already been asked, and answered in this thread. Also, we are still in the process of setting up this new forum and rolling out new things.

Please keep the feedback and questions coming. I want to make sure everybody has as comfortable a transition as possible.

I like it I cant say any thing is wrong every looks to be good, good job I hope it works out.

Edited by PFDSnapshot

I like the change. We were with the old Forum for more then a year, but it was a good call to change things up a bit. I guarantee everyone here will have this forum down in 2 weeks or less. I'm finding it easy and better already. and I like the 5 most recent posts. Keep it at the top, it looks a lot better up there.

if it makes things easier for Mr. Bravo, then its all good.....I'll just try to figure out how to navigate the site and figure out what I've already read and whats new......

Edited by 23piraf

Looks great. It will take some time to get use too but thats life. Every thing is a learning experince. I know some one said "change is good", Seth, once again you've done good (ah what the heck you've done GREAT).

am i missing it , or is there ne "breadcrumb trail" [ ie: > EMTBravo Network > EMTBravo.com Network > Network Headquarters] at the bottom of the page where it was really handy when you finished reading a subject?

oops - also:

the emtbravo.com link in the page header (right below "EMTBravo network") is coded inproperly and doenst take you back to the right page.

Is it just me or despite reading all the apparent new threads in a forum, when you return to the main index, it STILL lists that forums as having new unread topics? Must you always exit the forum by marking it as read to have it show up as no new topics?

I really like that the forum keeps track of what you've read, it makes it much easier for me to read up on what's going on, and it saves me the hassle of figuring out what I have and have not read. It took a while to get used to it, but being able to upload my own avitar, plus an overall user friendly (it really is once you get used to it) and feature rich environment have won me over. Really excellent job!

I do want to point out that when I click on the donation link at the bottom of the home page that it takes you to a "topic or post does not exist" page on the old forum. Perhaps you can get the donation section up and running soon?

Edited by JaredHG

We're working on several of the issues presented.

The old board didn't start out the way it was. I worked very hard "customizing" the old board to suit members needs..and to make it easier for them to use. Based on everybody's feedback, I will be doing the same with this board. I just hope the more "vocal" members, and the nitpickers who have emailed me, who do not like this board give it a little more of a chance and give me a chance to make the changes.......We have listened to your feedback, and are looking at/working on the issues.

Also, so far the positive reviews have far outweighed the negative.