17 Suburbans

2 Mobil Command Units (Freightliner)

1 Helicopter

2 Brush Patrols

2 Swift Water Rescues

1 Fuel Carrier

1 Trackloader

2 Utility Service Trucks

Wow! Awesome new deliveries coming out of both LA City and LA County. Can't wait to see (and photograph) the final products of these orders.

Thanks for the news!

My only hope though is that the ambulances ARE NOT Wheeled Coachs!!! Also, will the ambulances, uh Rescues excuse me be on the Ford E-450 (van) chasis or are they going to go heavier duty, like a Frightliner(sic)?? I doubt that though, since it probaly wouldn't fit into many stations.

if they want to get rid of any of those trucks i will be willing to take one or two off thier hands

how much did the bid go for? and how much are taxes going to increase?!

Dont know how much the bids ran with each individual manufacturer and there is no plans in raising taxes. These items were pruchased with the given budget from city hall...

I was just looking at the lafirephotos site. LA sure has a nice looking fleet and boy do they love their tillers. Does LA have many tower ladders, if at all?

No Tower Ladders. Just tillers... This is mainly because of the need to manuver through the streets of LA and all the traffic out here. Any of you that have visited LA and driven out here will understand. They also like all the space that a tiller offers. Take a look at the interactive portion of our site and you can see all the stuff they carry.

I find it suprising that LA doesn't like towers at all, not even as a special call kinda unit. They do have their advantages. But after seeing how awesome an LA truck company is in action, I see how beneficial standization of (progessive) operations and straight sticks really work well.