Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikeinet

Third Watch (2/27)

9 posts in this topic

Wow!

Somewhat interesting... saw the whole drug thing coming though.

Is it me or does it seem like the show is falling apart? Any word from NBC if they are trying to phase out the show?? I hope not.

Once again, I'm starting to lose interest in Third Watch...

This i my first posting so don't make fun of me. But anyway the show is definately a dissapointment. Whatever happen to the good old days when we actually got the chance to see an engine or a truck during an episode. I miss seeing the shows where the fd was involved. I too am losing interest in the show, but I'm stuck watching like a little child for the next show involving the fd. Can't wait much longer for it to happen though. I feel like I;m stuck with the pain of watching and waiting ](*,)

I totally agree about the whole FD aspect being TOTALLY thrown out.

I guess since ER was such a hit series they're trying to push more towards EMS for that reason? (Same for police... all the police related shows)

Somewhat sucks, now it just seems like it's turning into a drama by drama episode

As WAS967 mentioned in the other thread, it is begining to disgust me how Medics are portrayed in the show. That's one of the reasons I stopped watching it the first time around, and probaly why I will stop watching again. The whole "interviews" with the medics last night was absolutely absurd. I've talked with some other "fans" of this show, those fans being Fire explorers who have no real interaction or experience with EMS yet, and they base alot of their judgement of EMS on the medics of Third Watch.

It's kinda a downer for me to have people look and form impressions of EMS based on Third Watch.

(Also, cant tell you how many people I've met in Boston actually think Third Watch is accurate, with the medics being stationed in the Firehouses and all. I guess it isnt intresting to show them sitting on streetcorners in idling ambulances because the FDNY doesnt really care much about EMS workers)

I don't understand why there's not a drama or sitcom about the lives of EMS workers, anybody who works enough knows theres plenty of material to work off of, lol.

BTW, anybody here remember "Rescue 77" on the WB?

And Cutty, welcome to the board!! I too, watch primarily for any shots of the FD operations and apparatus.

the show is deffinatly not goin to have much fire stuff in it and lets face it the medics are being phased out as well.. now its goin to be totally police with alittle kim and carlos only when they need ems...

they are destroying what this show started out on... it wasn;t only police or fire or ems it mixed all 3 groups and was based on all the lives of the main characters.. they should just change the dam name or something caz its destroying the name the show has built for it self...

and ya i remember Rescue 77, what was the deal with that? or even as far back as shows like code red? those were some great ones...

Ahhhhhh CODE RED! :D

Let's not forget EMERGENCY!

I was told that NBC is focusing the show on the NYPD end of it

as a trial because most the cool fire shows on TV have failed.

The ratings are not good. Sucks! Shows are not appreciated by the

general public as much as by us, the Firefighters!

That is what I was told by an NBC producer who has close

ties to Third Watch.

Look at the cool show "The Bravest" Gone! :cry:

The EMS and FIRE part of Third Watch will be back real soon,

they are just testing out some episodes and ratings.

Real soon..... shhhhh!