Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x648eng119

Gas Price Protest

19 posts in this topic

From an email i recieved the other day:

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES. AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH

A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1st HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED

"STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THESE TWO NATIONS SHOULD NOT  BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY. THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN! AN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT. WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP, BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON

EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING

MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

Jennifer Regan

COPY THIS AND PASS IT ON TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN!!!!!

From an email i recieved the other day:

COPY THIS AND PASS IT ON TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN!!!!!

Perhaps an alternative. I received it via email, and if you calculate it, it does make some sense, no?

Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea: This makes MUCH MORE SENSE

than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around.

The oil companies just laugh at that because they know

we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really

work.

Please read it and join with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline

priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75 for

regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC

nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at

$1.50-$1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS

control the marketplace.... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going

up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit

someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And we can do that

WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars,! we can't

just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act

together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest

companies(which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any

gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their

prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an

impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers.

It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp(sic)out on me at this point...

keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of

people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at

least ten more(30 x 10 = 300)...and those 300 send it to at least ten more

(300 x 10 =3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth

generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each,

then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level

further, you guessed it...THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE! Again, all you

have to do is send this to 10 people and DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from

EXXON and MOBIL (that includes Chevron).

That's all. How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email

out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could

conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't

think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a

difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

EXXON AND MOBIL gas isn't any better than the other brands out there.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE

AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK!

You are joking right? Everyone that doesn't buy gas one day will just buy it the next. Trying ditching your fuel guzzling SUVs and buying hybrids or electric vehicles.

You are joking right? Everyone that doesn't buy gas one day will just buy it the next. Trying ditching your fuel guzzling SUVs and buying hybrids or electric vehicles.

Well said!

i am sure one day is not going to hurt a Billion dollar company. are we forgeting that there are other things that use gas? all the petrolieum products. the price of gas goes up as a whole. not just gasoline.

i got a crazy idea. lets all pick a day and everyone go buy a hybrid. YA that will stick it to the man!!

i think that the SUV's need to go. you know, they have the technology to make cars that run on french fry grease, you telling me we can find a cheaper fuel?

Edited by ECLEMENTE

Smaller cars, conservation, If we use less gas and oil, they sell less. Right now the big oil companies are making record profits and the little guys, the gas stations are not. Small business that have to use vehicles for delivery etc are getting hurt the worst. 2 years ago I got rid of my SUV and bought an AWD car. Went from 10 to 26 MPG. Made my house more energy efficient too. I stopped buying name brand gas if I can find no name cheaper. There is not enough of a difference to pay another 5 to 10 cents a gallon. If we all did saome of these things if would make a difference and when big oil see's we are buying less as a nation they may rethink their stratergy.

I think the most oil used is by corporations not the average consumer so the idea a good one will never work. Or a better idea would be to write to your state officials and tell them to get rid of the gas tax that is killing us. I think New Yorks is like 4% and also does not include the federal tax.

MRS1151

good idea, i like it!

and the one day thing like said wouldnt work because everyone is going to make up the difference the next day when they go to buy "yesterdays" gas

MRS1151

good idea, i like it!

and the one day thing like said wouldnt work because everyone is going to make up the difference the next day when they go to buy "yesterdays" gas

Thank you Firefighter57 - someone who understood!!!

As ajsbear said >>>>>>>>> “Smaller cars, conservation, If we use less gas and oil, they sell less. Right now the big oil companies are making record profits and the little guys, the gas stations are not.†>>>>>>>>>>> How true it is. We need to start fixing things long term. I was just suggesting that short term we try to buy from the little guy and not patronize the big guy (Mobile, Exxon, Chevron). As I explained before, I do not think that ceasing to buy one-day will accomplish anything.

In the meantime, ajsbear also said >>>>>>>>>> “I stopped buying name brand gas if I can find no name cheaper. There is not enough of a difference to pay another 5 to 10 cents a gallon. If we all did saome of these things if would make a difference and when big oil see's we are buying less as a nation they may rethink their stratergy.â€>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Not trying to change the world in one day, just trying to be part of the solution, not part of the problem. Last time I checked the greater majority of Emergency personnel don’t make 6-figures, and the volunteers don’t get paid at all. Most need their cars AND they need their money. We have to start somewhere while we are wait-listed for our Hybrid cars. :P

Ok, where to begin?

Whether you, I or anyone else ceases to buy gas for a day will have absolutely zero effect on the price of gasoline. To be perfectly honest this cockamamie e-mail has been circulating for years and it’s all a bunch of cr-p.

The price of gasoline is directly tied to the price of crude oil, which in our free market system floats on the basis of supply and demand. Right now demand is static but the supply is squeezed due to several factors, this has led to a spike in crude prices. You may ask yourself why the supply is tight. Well, let’s see why.

1) Hurricane Katrina, over 30% of our domestic needs come from platforms in the gulf as well as the fact that New Orleans is the home to a large percentage of our refining capacity and it has all shut down.

2) Your friendly neighborhood environmentalist nuts haven’t allowed a refinery to be built in the USA in over thirty years, again limiting our ability to produce what the supplies we desperately need. This goes for pipelines as well.

3) A great deal of the oil market is controlled by a closed cartel (read as monopoly) that set their own price and pumping capacity.

4) More and more uses for petroleum products. Guess what boys, everything you get in plastic or a synthetic is petroleum derived.

5) Foreign competition, 25 years ago everybody pedaled around Peking and Bombay, now they’re driving cars and unlike us the Chinese, Japanese Etc. have absolutely NO oil of their own.

This is just a small number of factors that are effecting the price of gas. Besides don’t complain about the price, if you figure out what a dollar is worth now in comparison to it’s historical worth, we are actually on a par with the price of gas in the early seventies

Boycotting won't do anything at all, especially when the president and vice president are oil men who laugh all the way to the bank whenever some sucker buys a Ford Land Barge (read Expedition, Excursion).

This is just a small number of factors that are effecting the price of gas. Besides don’t complain about the price, if you figure out what a dollar is worth now in comparison to it’s historical worth, we are actually on a par with the price of gas in the early seventies

yep, just what I said . . One day solves nothing, however I still feel strongly that we need to support the little guys when it comes to the gas issue. I liken the Cartel to big government and offer the following quote:

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.

~ Will Rogers :unsure:

Am I dreaming or is this 1973 all over again ?

Today on the radio I heard a something that we all fear. Two words that if the supply starts to dwindle, GAS RATIONING!

With a percentage of our refining capabilities out this could be a possibility. Home heating oil prices going through the roof.

I called to suppliers local to me today, $2.49 a gallon for 200 gals. My last delivery in March was $1.79. That's 70 cents in 5 months. I see a run on sweat shirts and sweaters this fall.

Borrowed a few gas tips from The Artist Formerly Known as Mike ( http://www.tafkam.com/gas.html )

some things you can do to save money during the price increase:

· Don't use your breaks. Breaking simply wastes energy and thus causes increased fuel consumption. Don't stop for any reason including stop signs, traffic lights, etc.

· Siphon your neighbor's gas. It's easy, it's free, and it's three in the morning. Who's the wiser? Plus, you can then charge you neighbor for advice when he asks you why his new Mercedes is getting 4 miles per gallon.

· Over inflate your tires. I have heard this will help your gas mileage, and only increases the chance of a blowout by about 35 percent or so.

· Does your insurance company cover towing? Do you belong to AAA? Have your car towed to and from work. Not only does this save gas, but also with no emission controls, stolen gas from your neighbor, and over inflated tires, you don't take the risk of being pulled over by the cops.

-

insted of relying on foriegn compaines for oil and fuel, i.e. OPEC, why dont we tap into our own natural gas supply? ALASKA! true we might effect the habitats of the yellow spotted tse-tse frog but do you realize that we already have numerous oil rigs out in the Gulf of Mexico where if something happened there, hundreds of thousandss of species would be effected! There is more life in the water then in Alaska, so all of you enviormentalists who put the lives of animals before humans need to take a step back and realize what the problem really is and take the best course of action

insted of relying on foriegn compaines for oil and fuel, i.e. OPEC, why dont we tap into our own natural gas supply? ALASKA! true we might effect the habitats of the yellow spotted tse-tse frog but do you realize that we already have numerous oil rigs out in the Gulf of Mexico where if something happened there, hundreds of thousandss of species would be effected! There is more life in the water then in Alaska, so all of you enviormentalists who put the lives of animals before humans need to take a step back and realize what the problem really is and take the best course of action

VERY WELL SAID EMSJunkie712!!!!! Also, what about building more refineries on closed military bases? Sounds good to me.

VERY WELL SAID EMSJunkie712!!!!! Also, what about building more refineries on closed military bases? Sounds good to me.

Now that's what I'm talking about . . . ideas that could work!

:unsure: