Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

New Sleepy Hollow Eng85?

25 posts in this topic

From The Journal News legal section 8/27/05 "...resolution which: ...authorizes the Board of Trustees of the Village to finance the costs of the acquisition of a firefighting vehicle for the Village... estimated maximum cost to be not in excess of $658,000."

Edited by SteveOFD

I believe they are looking to get a Pierce or Seagrave Rescue Engine.

The new Seagrave rescue pumper in Port Jervis (Orange Co.) recently seen in Spy Shots on here....that was rumored to have cost somewhere in the $650k range, and is said to be the most expensive pumper Seagrave has ever built. Quite scary, considering a mere nine years ago, a Pierce tower ladder cost about that much.

For that kind of price tag, I'd say they'll have themselves one nice piece when it's done.

The new Seagrave rescue pumper in Port Jervis (Orange Co.) recently seen in Spy Shots on here....that was rumored to have cost somewhere in the $650k range, and is said to be the most expensive pumper Seagrave has ever built.  Quite scary, considering a mere nine years ago, a Pierce tower ladder cost about that much. 

For that kind of price tag, I'd say they'll have themselves one nice piece when it's done.

Andy I believe that the Port Jervis Rescue Pumper was $601,000 only because it came with equipment on it. I even heard a rumor they were buying green 5 inch hose to go with it

Just curious...

When we went out to bid for the new Engine 119, which for the most part, is a rescue-pumper, it cost less than $480K.

Why is this Engine so much more?

Not knocking it by any means, just curious what "extras" it may be getting.

Good luck with the new 85-Engine!

My new Rescue-Pumper was $550,000 and ours is pretty deck out. thats a $100,000 more them mine Thats a lot of extra's

Engine 85 " Rescue Hose" from what i understand is looking to get a Pierce. I will try to find out some more information!

Thornwood's new Rescue pumper was $505,000 and thats a Pierce

My new Rescue-Pumper was $550,000 and ours is pretty deck out.  thats a $100,000 more them mine Thats a lot of extra's

I heard that in this bond it also includes the purchase of a new Chiefs Vehicle and the purchase of a new utility vehicle....All of the money is not for the New truck.

Edited by WP42

Now the money adds up and sounds more like it

I heard that in this bond it also includes the purchase of a new Chiefs Vehicle and the purchase of a new utility vehicle....All of the money is not for the New truck.

That engine time is up. I hope Sleepy Hollow is purchasing a nice pumper they should look at other manufactures othr than pierce

I heard the same thing as WP42 that not only will ENGINE 85 get a new truck. The bond is also going to cover for a new Chief's vehicle and a new utility truck for the Sleepy Hollow Fire Department!

I think the utility is replacing the old Suburban they had. I believe for multi-purpose use. Also maybe to tow there boat around with?

Any details what the Utility will be used for?

I heard it is also going to be used as a Tech Rescue Support Veh. and Brush Truck with a skid load which can be used for Parking Garage fires.

Saw on the DES website that SHFD has MA29 reserved.

They were talking about getting to something just like what port jervis has.

But not to be mean or one sided the best truck in sleepy hollow will always be engine 86 / union hose company #2. Plus I think it is time they get rid of there truck and get a new one but still keep it around as a back up engine.

They were talking about getting to something just like what port jervis has.

But not to be mean or one sided the best truck in sleepy hollow will always be engine 86 / union hose company #2. Plus I think it is time they get rid of there truck and get a new one but still keep it around as a back up engine.

You mean "Engine" right? ;)

Otherwise this will spark a whole new "apparatus designation" debate....

Engine 86...best truck, worst grammar. :(

Excellent shot SHAC7301! That caught 86 straight between the eyes.

alright guys you made your point enough is enough!

was wondering when we got a new truck thanks SHAC for the correction :lol:

That engine time is up. I hope Sleepy Hollow is purchasing a nice pumper they should look at other manufactures othr than pierce

I know they have an issue with the enternce to the appartatus floor so that may be an issue on the pierce why they chose that. the overhead entrence is oval shape only allowing x amount of feet on the low ends.

Thats true. Good point by calhobs!

Alright...

I was gonna quote a bunch of posts but wasn't paying attention to what I clicked and effed it up.

Yes, the $600+K is for a new 85 Engine (Rescue Hose) as well as a Chief's Car and a new Utility to replace the aging and mostly dead Utility 32 Suburban

No, I do not have specs for any of them.

As of my last update (since I currently in VA); New 85 is still out for bid but hopefully will be a Pierce Lance, with an 8 man cab set up with 6 seats, a 1500gpm Waterous pump and a bunch of other cool toys. It will not be a "Rescue Pumper" like Onion Hose (E86), but a traditional Pumper.

Yes, we do have a bit of a height issue due to our bay having wooden, bi-fold doors and an arched top. We also have a bit of a length issue due to the width of Lawrence Ave and the parking on it.

-cmc-