Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ja3kfd

James Raymond Arena

83 posts in this topic

God Bless the Arena family and thank you for all you have given all of us!

REST IN PIECE JIMMY

Our thoughts are prayers go out to Jimmy and his family...

My condolences to the Arena Family. Jimmyboy was an inspiration to us all.

Our deepest condolences for your loss. May the Lord comfort you during this difficult time. God Bless.

GODSPEED JIMMYBOY

My condolences to the Arena family on your terrible loss. My parents lost a son in their younger years, and they always told me that there is nothing harder than losing a child. Look to Jimboy for strength when you are feeling sad, remember the happy times you were able to enjoy with him. His battle is an inspiration to many, and I am sure that his spirit will live on through you both and his sisters.

My deepest condolences on your loss. May the Lord bless him and keep him now and forever. RIP Jimmyboy.

Such an inspirational little boy, with a family so loving and strong.

All of us at Washington Engine Co. No. 2 in Croton send our deepest condolences to the Arena family and all of those who Jimmyboy touched.

God bless all of you.

Although i have never meet Jimmy i feel the arena familys pain and this time i know jimmy is now watching over them and all of us here at bravo :(

To the Arena Family,

My condolences go out to you and your family during this rough time. The world lost one of the most courageous young men. May God help you through this tough time and God Bless Jimmy Boy. Jimmy Boy was a real Inspiration to all of us.

God Bless All of You,

Peekskill 7512

On behalf of the Tarrytown VAC Junior Corps, I would like to express our condolences to the entire Arena Family. May Jimmy Boy rest in peace.

Andrew Wilgermein

To the Arena Family,

Blessed thought with you at this time....I will continue to use Jimmy and the whole family as a person of inspiration and continue to celebrate his life...

God Bless you...

In memory of Jimmy Boy we will miss you from F.F. Chris Murray From the Sleepy Hollow Fire Department and on behalf of Union Hose Engine Company #2

Edited by Eng86Tl38

Rest in Peace Jimmy Boy. Your heroism will continue on with the rest of us.

On Behalf of myself and the members of Putnam Valley Volunteer Ambulance Corp, we send our sincerest condolences to the Arena Family.

S. Wells

Jimmy Boy Rest in Peace Where Are While You Are Watching Over Your Family

From Myself And All Of The Members Of Harmon Engine Company # 3 Of Croton Is Sending Our Lost To The Family And Friends Of Jimmy Boy.

Jim Powers

Edited by Rescue18

To Jim, Gina and the rest of your immediate and extended family, may the Lord bless and keep you. I was never able to stop by because I would see my own son's face on your little Angel's every time I saw him, too painful for me. The first time I went to your home was a member of the SFD ambulance crew that responded on Wednesday evening. I am sorry it took so long to realize it is the support of family and friends that matters the most. Since then, I have been amazed at how well you are all doing in this painful period. You are an inspiration to all and you are carrying on Jimmyboy's legacy. He is in a better place now and looking down on everyone. I went home and hugged my son and wife after the service on Saturday and am thankful for having had the privledge to help in the smallest of ways.

on behalf of the J.H.Ketcham hose company ( dover plains ny) our thoughts and prayers are with you on this sad day, i never knew jimmy boy but reading all the posts he was a very sepcial child you should all be very proud of him. God needed another Firefighter and he picked the best ( jimmy boy ) rest in peace little man !!!

F.F. Tony Mirande

Edited by tony m

To the entire Arena family, as well as close friends & relatives, my heart goes out to you all!

Although i have unfortunately never met Jim or Gina, nor did i get to meet Jimmy boy, i feel as though i have known them forever, as many others probably feel.

Your true love and strength has been a real inspiration to me, and i am sure i speak for everyone else. To have gone through what you have and to be able to remain so strong is simply amazing. As i said, i have never met you, but i do know that you are a truly caring, loving, strong and amazing family!

Just know that your little angel is at peace with god now and will always be looking after you and will continue to be an inspiration to not only you and your family, but to all of us!

My thoughts and prayers will remain with you and may little Jimmy Boy rest in peace.

Lt. Michael Swankie

Buchanan FD

myself and the rest of the Bankville fire department are sorry to hear about the loss

rest in peace jimmy

To All We Know and Love,

There could not have been a more perfect hero's send off for our boy. There are no words for me to convey how incredibly appropriate and perfect it was. Thank you to all that put it together and thank you for sharing our incredible journey with us. Words can never describe how you touched our hearts so incredibly.

We are so blessed to have so much love around us - thank you.

I am not signing off, just saying see you later. You are all always in my heart and I love you all so. I will continue my journal at jimmyboy's website www.jimmboy.com. I have posted my words from church there for those of you that would like to read it. Check the website from time to time as I update how we are doing. If there is something important happening I will send all an update.

For now, we will try and find some type of peace and comfort just knowing how incredibly powerful the last 20 months has been. Our door is always open and everyone is always welcome at 9 Buenta Way. Thank you for sharing our life with us. Our life is blessed to have you in it.

May God Bless You and Your Family Now and Forever - All My Love - Gina (and Family)

I am sorry for your loss and I wish you the best. He is definitely one young person that will live on forever in our hearts and prayers. I never personally got meet Jimmy Boy and his wonderful family but looking at pictures and reading all about a little boy that had the will to live. I wish the best, and he is angel that watches over you at all times. When I first that heard he had passed away, a friend said I should write something and I did so I hope you enjoy it.

Immortality

(For Jimmy Boy August 23, 1999-September 28, 2005)

I stand beside the beach

Cool sand that feels like sand paper

Against my soft feather like skin

Until I understand

What holds me to this plane?

And little things that may seem miniscule

Now as I stand on the shores of living and death

Knowing that being able to say that I have lived

In the places that Giants once roamed

Where I know that my legend will remain

Because people loved me and

All I had to do was say I lived with

Something that not many understand

And few know of

But I am alive in the hearts of the people I have touched

No one shall forget the little boy that had control

Over the jurisdiction of the county

That no one else can have.

I am the immortal that lives in the firefighters

Of Westchester County

I am the immortal that wanted everything and got

It in six years

I am the immortal because people believed in me

And the Fact that I LIVED.

Good Morning ( This was written by Jim )

As I am cleaning stuff up from this last week I came across the Fearless Fire Fighter that Gina had given me and I had written about earlier to all of you.

Here are some of my interpretations:

" Fire Fighters are Heroes in Uniform" Jimmy is a Hero he taught us all well we learned some great life lessons, we can look up to him as a Hero, if we can be half the man he was we will all make a huge difference to our community and families.

The Courage of a Fire Fighter is Sustained by his Faith. Jimmy brought ,at least to me back to my Faith in Human Kindness, Human Goodness, as well he is bringing me back to God, Yes I was angry at first, but that went away I learned more than any book could teach by opening up and letting me see everything from a different angle. There have been quite a bit of great insightful talks in our front yard since all of this has happened.

A Little Spark Can ignite a Great Fire. Well one Little 6 Year old boy, Ignited a great group of Men and Women to get together, YOU gave him the Greatest Tribute and Honor the Way we sent him off, as well without any one realizing it he made you sit down at a table, meet each other,some for the first time,bringing the Brotherhood of the Firefighters together.

Well these three say a lot about us and what jimmy taught us.

As tonight will be a week since he passed away, I miss my son, my life as a man, as a husband, and as a father is forever changed hopefully for the better, I will be a better person,never forgetting what a 6 year old boy taught me in his short but beautifully purposeful life.

With a Heartfelt Thanks for Reading my Thoughts Jim

the proudest Father and Husband a man could be.

Dear All,

I got permission to pass this email around to everyone. It truly does show the incredible ripple affect that has occurred. Thank you Patty for sharing this story with me. These incredible stories really show our family how incredibly special our boy is and was. Thank you to everyone that has shared a piece of themselves with us. I may not always have time to respond, but I read each and every one. I thank you for sharing your life with me too.

I love you all. Gina

Dear Gina and Jim,

The day of Jimmys funeral, I came home, made a cup of coffee and

then made a few phone calls that I had to make. My first was to our

dear friends daughter, Kim, in Virginia. We are planning a surprise

for her parents, our best friends, in Disney. Kim is running a marathon for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. At any rate, Kim

was very sad and I could tell had been crying. I asked what was

wrong. She then went on to tell me how she had been talking to a

gal in Ca. (work related) who was quite upset. She went on to tell

Kim about this very special little boy who was a patient in the hospital

out there when she was. She told Kim about his family and how very

special everyone was and how this little boy touched everyone that

he ever met. She told Kim he lived in New York and had just had a

firefighters funeral. I said was his name Jimboy Arena. Of course,

Kim said yes. How did I know? Everyone knows Jimboy!!!!!

I do not know this gals name in California, but Kim said she went on

and on about your boy. How angelic he was, how beautiful he was,

how he had an effect on everyone he met. She told Kim she would

never ever forget the Arena family. So Gina and Jim, Jimmy has

touched everyone from east coast to the west coast. I do not know

of anyone who has ever done that. There is not a day that goes by

that Wally and I do not think about and pray for you. I know that God

will carry you on the rest of your journey. So if you are having a bad

day, just remember California to Virginia to New York. That's your

boy!!! May God Bless You all.

Brendan sends his love and promises that he will get to see you soon.

Love,

Patty McKenney