See You in Another 86 Years!

16 posts in this topic

Bye-Bye Red Sox!

See you in April.

The Red Sox Suck!!!!!!!!!!

Bye-Bye Red Sox!

See you in April.

STEVE i couldn't of said it better my self. So long you wana-be's

Nighty nighty Red Sux. don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

That's the difference between DYNASTY and ONE-HIT WONDER.

Gee, I sense people are still sore that the Red Sox kicked the Yankees out of the playoffs last year. Just to remind everybody, the Yanks aren't there yet.

Yes, I'm a Red Sox fan.

All i am gonna say about last years red sox is, "Its about time!" how many times can they blow it in one hundred years? i am not sore about it. they rallied back and won congrads. but the sox still suck and rivalries are what make this game great.

Edited by ECLEMENTE

That's the difference between DYNASTY and ONE-HIT WONDER.

Yeah, and what has happened every post season over the past 5 years?? Your beloved Yankees win the division, and don't make it past the first or second round of the playoffs. Bloated payroll, Steinbrenner throwing money at over the hill players in a futile attempt to win it all like Torres' first few years back in the Bronx. The pitching isn't there like it was. The bullpen except for Rivera is suspect. The farm system gets depleted while Steinbrenner in his arrogance and desire for instant gratification trades away hot prospects for over the hill types such as the Big Unit, who I may add, is one of my favorite pitchers. They have very little in the way of youth. Getting rid of Soriano to bag A-Rod was a bad move. You already got one of the greatest shortstops in the game, why try to tamper with it?? Even if he goes to third base. Not to mention the guy chokes bad in the offseason.

I also have a problem with the arrogance of certain Yankee fans. They walk around with this feeling of superiority over everyone else. 26 World Championships, yeah that's great. But over the course of what, 102 years?? How many other teams have been around that long??

It boils down to this, the Yankee organization is consumed by its arrogance after winning those championships in 1996, 98, 99 and 2000. They walk into the seasons expecting to win it all and they get beat because they underestimate the teams they face in the playoffs. The Angels, Red Sox and many other teams are no longer afraid of the big bad Yankees anymore. They are hungrier for the glory while the Yankees seem to think it will be handed to them.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the Yankees, I do respect many of their players and I have the utmost respect for Joe Torre, especially with all the crap he has to deal with. Personal prediction, the Yankees are turning out to be like the Braves over the past 15 years. They've won a few World Championships, and then they win the division, and then get knocked out of the playoffs. And don't start me with John Sterling. Have you ever listened to a more biased and self important baseball commentator?? He's more interested in listening to himself talk. I personally despise this man. Just announce the game, stop trying to act like you actually play for the team and get your nose out of Steinbrenners rear. For him to refer to Giambi and "The Giambino" is absolute blasphemy. To compare this juicehead to the venerable George Herman Ruth is disgusting.

Anyway, I figure it's going to be a Cardinals/Angels World Series with the Cardinals taking it all. They got whupped bad last year, but I think the Angels aren't going to be as tough a challenge as last years' Red Sox were.

And yes, I am a Mets fan and I am also disappointed that they had a better record than the Padres and still ended up in third place. The NL East right now is like how the AL East was about 10-15 years ago, the toughest division in the Majors. Mets prediction, I would say by next season or 2007 they will be either close to the wild card or take the division. I don't see Atlanta giving it up unless they have a major collapse. And believe me, the Mets are also fraught with problems, the Zambrano/Kazmir trade and a few other crappy deals come to mind. But, that is another story for another time.

Edited by JBE

well... i can't argue with anyone who can make a point like that. Seriously, no sarcasm intended-- if you are gonna make a point, do it like JBE did, not just by typing a single sentence.

JBE-- when are you going to read that speech on Citywide? haha j/k

Well at least the locals in Washington Heights and Inwood didn't torch every bit of garbage and vehicle in sight up and down Wadsworth, Amsterdam, St. Nick and Audbon Avenues like they did when the Yanks won it all.

Seriously, one of the things about being a boss instead of being Dispatcher #150(which is what I would have been in the number change I brought up) is that I don't get to play with the radio as much as I would like, or used to.

You're also lucky that there is an automatic bad word deleter on this site, because I can't really use the venom I have for John Sterling on this site.

The Red Sox are like 1 and 86, for crying out loud even the Mets have won more World Series- IT WAS A FLUKE- ONE AND DONE! GOD-BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and DIE!

Now the white sox have won who's next the cubs somebody better find out the odds in vegas we may have some kind of trend here??? And by the way i am a die hard yankee fan and even though they didnt get out of the first round at least they went the distance in the series, BYE BYE RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!