Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x242Steve

Port Chester Inspection Stand By w/ Friends

10 posts in this topic

No this is not a digital delusion!

Port Chester had their annual inspection tonight- and the units standing by were:

Rye Car 2422

Rye Ladder 26

Mamaroneck Village Ladder 20

Ossining Engine 97

Mahopac Engine 18-2-3

What time did the stand-by end and did u get any calls?

Edited by JBJ1202

I think this shows how far and wide friendships go around here and that a department can have an dinner/event that they can enjoy knowing their brothers have their back and are covering their territory and they don;t have to worry about leaving the dinner for an alarm. Way to go!!!

I know, that with Ossining at least, Port Chester has a history. The temporary replacement for the ladder was from ossining, and Port Chester went all the way to Ossining during the summer for the FD funeral.

What time did the stand-by end and did u get any calls?

The Stand-by was from about 6pm until about 10pm, and we did not get any calls (didn't get any calls last year either)

I agree with "ajsbear"- It is great that there are some far-reaching friendships in the fire service.

As far as Mahopac and Ossining being "far away" from their home areas-- this isn't any different than if they attended the Mamaroneck parade.

All covering companies thanks for stopping by!

As long as one of the covering companies knows the area....Rye I'm assuming...then I see no problem with some far off standby units...all the companies are leaving at the same time from one house, correct?

As long as one of the covering companies knows the area....Rye I'm assuming...then I see no problem with some far off standby units...all the companies are leaving at the same time from one house, correct?

10-4 on that, plus a couple of Port Chester members stayed with us.

Edited by 242steve