Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ONLOCATION

Maxim Fire Apparatus

10 posts in this topic

Looking at a few back Forums on Rigs from the Past and I could'nt help thinking about Maxim rigs. This County had there fair share of them. Ossining had 5 inservice at one point, Croton had 2, Valhalla had 2 or 3. There were many more still in service I know Armonk has there Supply/ Source Maxim rig, White Plains Volunteer Div. still has one I believe and Yorktown had one still in service in reserve status until a few years ago , know I belive its an antique. Also alot of department ran Maxim Ladders aswell: Ossining ran 2, Croton, Valhalla, Tarrytown, Dobbs Ferry-I believe, anyone else?

Port Chester's Yellow Maxim engine just went out of service a year ago I think.

All the old White Plains fire apparatus were Maxim those were some classic trucks except for TL-6 it was a sutphen. When I was young I remembered seeing them responding to calls

I think Rye used to have some Maxims in the 1960's thru the early 90's.

242 Steve might have more info.

We still have our Maxim in service as engine 287 rigged for a water supply with 5" hose and a two stage pump. I am not too sure on the year but I think its a 1978? I know the rear of the truck had a referb a while back.

post-761-1131391336.gif

my department(woodbury f.d.) had one a long time ago. It was a '69 we had it from 1969 to 1984 when we bought our E-ONE. It was a good truck up untill the end when most of the the truck rotted out.

I think Rye used to have some Maxims in the 1960's thru the early 90's. 

242 Steve might have more info.

Umm... how about the 1950s until NOW.

Rye Ladder 26, 1955 Maxim 85' Tractor-Drawn Aerial

Refurbished in 1985 with a Spartan Tractor

Original Factory Photo:

Recent photo at http://www.emtbravo.com/FAD/Rye.html

Banksville Ladder 77 is a85' mid mount stick in service.

Our department put our 1968 maxim s out of service in 2000. The rig was used as our source truck until it was replaced by our mack source truck. From there we put it into the firefighting museum....

there are pictures of both the maxim and mack rigs on my profile if you would like to see them...

Actually Rye was almost exclusively Maxim up until the Yellow Hahn was purchased in the mid-eighties, Engines' 191 and 193 were s-models from the early sixties that ran out of HQ along with the matching S-model TDA that is now Ladder 26. Patrol 3 and Engine 192 ran out of milton with two cab forward mid- to late sixties Maxims as well.

New Rochelle ran at least a couple of Maxims up until the mid-eighties if I remember correctly. This probably dates me, but I actually have the clipping from when the Maxim TDA ( old ladder 11? ) was donated up to New Hampshire in a scrap book somewhere.

Greenwich was another department that ran alot of Maxims' at one time as well.