Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Help The Arena's Get A "Extreme Home Makeover"

25 posts in this topic

An email sent out by Gina and Jim this evening:

Today I got a call from the EM:HE.  The Arena's have one more favor to ask of our family and friends.  We need to send another video to the show updating them on the past 6 months, and I need to get everything sent by next Wednesday.  Although, we are not guaranteed that we are chosen, we stand a really great chance for the spring.  They are very interested in the community support for our family, the impact Jimboy had on our community and the lessons we have all learned.  They want video from various areas of the community explaining how Jimmy affected them and their lives.  They want upbeat and emotional video.  They want to see the community support. . . so to begin our video. . . we would like the entire community to come together and start the video by nominating our family.  Since, this needs to be done right away, we would like anybody and everybody to come to the Lake Purdys Clubhouse Field on Sunday, December 4, at 1:30 pm (before the tree lighting in Somers at 2:15 pm) to show the TV show how many people in our community have supported our family for the past 22 months.  We hope to have you all there.  This is our communities chance to have some fun after all the support and love you have shown to our family.  It would be a wonderful tribute to our Jimboy and his story.  It would be a wonderful way to show the world how a community works together, and to be proud of how your lives have impacted our life.  You are all special people, thank you for everything.  We are very blessed to have your love and support.  If you want to say something on the video, please let me know.  We are a very special community!!!!

Love, Gina

PS - Please forward this to anyone that may be interested in joining in.

Edited by x635

What: Help The Arenas Get An Exteme Home Makeover

How: Just be there!!!!

When: This Sunday, at 1330 (1:30PM)

Where: Lake Purdys Clubhhouse Field, Entrance Way East (right off Route 116) and Lake Way, Purdys (Somers)

Anything Else: FOWARD THIS TO ANYONE WHO MAY BE INTERESTED!!!!

What: Help The Arenas Get An Exteme Home Makeover

How: Just be there!!!!

When: This Sunday, at 1330 (1:30PM)

Where: Lake Purdys Clubhhouse Field, Entrance Way East (right off Route 116) and Lake Way, Purdys (Somers)

Anything Else: FOWARD THIS TO ANYONE WHO MAY BE INTERESTED!!!!

Let them know that i would like to be there... :lol:

Everyone that can show up please do the more the better we need and want to show the community support, you all were behind us for 20 months, I willl be asking a few Dept's to bring Fire Trucks for the Back ground shots as well.

GOOD LUCK ALL WISH I COULD BE THERE TO HELP!

Can you post directions, specifically from southern part of the county?

Can you post directions, specifically from southern part of the county?

Get yourself to:

Interstate 684 North bound.

Exit 7, right hand lane exit.

left at top of ramp

Go 1/4 mile.

First road on your left.

Club house is 1/4 mile up the road on your Right.

Please dont speed up the road, there will be lots of children.

Everyone that can show up please do the more the better we need and want to show the community support, you all were behind us for 20 months, I willl be asking a few Dept's to bring Fire Trucks for the Back ground shots as well.

Do they want depts to bring apparatus? or are they trying to control the amount due to space contraints?

I am sure many area departments want to show their support.

I plan to bring E181 if no captain or chief stops me. See ya around 1pm

Lt181

John G. Meeker Jr.

i have to wrok or else i would have been there give me regards wish i could have been there

sorry i cant make it but i hope that everything goes good espcially for a family that deserves it more than any other one. hope all goes well.

Wish I could make it, best of luck you deserve it!!

Looks like we'll have a group coming from Garrison.

Hi Everyone

If any one wants to bring aparatus bring it. Also if anyone has anything they want to say, about the community how this story effected anyone personally, about our community, about the brotherhood of the firemen etc. we will have 2 or 3 cameras going aswell.

Also for anyone mapping it out the Clubhouse is at the intersection of Lake Way and Entrace Way East

Address is 33 Lake Way

Purdys NY 10578

Edited by ja3kfd

Unfortunatley, I won't be able to make it, but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck. If anyone deserves this, its definatley your family

Bump for today.

Not sure if I can be there yet, but as soon as I get an email or mail addy from Jim, I will definetly be sending some letters....and photos.

Hi everyone we are still on for today.

News 12 called they will be here as well, everyone that ants come on out this will be fun

Bump for today.

Not sure if I can be there yet, but as soon as I get an email or mail addy from Jim, I will definetly be sending some letters....and photos.

Any shot we can get an e-mail or address posted here in the near future. Although I can not be @ the event today, I would love to write a letter, e-mail, or even make a call.

Thanks. Good luck!

Good luck to the Arenas!!

THANK YOU

Everyone that came out today you did an awesome job.

Brewster,Croton Falls,Bedford Hills,Katonah,Goldens Bridge,Somers,Yorktown,MoheganLake. They all sent apparatus,and man power to add to the attendece,you and so many others supported us thru all this time and still do. We Thank You, the tapping went well, News 12 was here as well and are showing it tonight. We have some other work to do and we will be sending it off by end of week.