Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BIGRED1

need to fix boots

14 posts in this topic

I bought a pair of boots for firefighter a few weeks ago but they are a little tight. anyone know a way to break them in a little so they fit? i cant wear them all the time like a normal pair of shoes. the ankle area on top of the foot is the part thats tight and it is pain in the butt to get them off without busting a hamstring. any ideas?

I bought a pair of boots for firefighter a few weeks ago but they are a little tight. anyone know a way to break them in a little so they fit? i cant wear them all the time like a normal pair of shoes. the ankle area on top of the foot is the part thats tight and it is pain in the butt to get them off without busting a hamstring. any ideas?

Try going back and getting a size either bigger or wider usually helps.

they rubber or leather? If rubber you are SOL, but if they are leather, perhaps you can soak them and then stretch them with a shoe tree?

Hate to tell ya, but if your feet aren't comfortable wearing them around, they are going to kill you on a fire scene. I would suggest leaving them alone as to preserve any warranty, and see what the store can do for you. Good luck!

When I bought my leather boots they were the same way. They were tight on the top of my foot and made the pop sound when I tried to take my foot out. If they are so tight that they hurt get rid of them but if they aren't that tight it will just take 6-8 good wearings for them to stretch naturally. But also you didn't mention what make or model because some boots like the Haix Fire Hunters & the Black Diamond 0975 are both designed with a heel lock system so they will always be tough to get off.

THEY ARE PRO WARRINGTON BOOTS and are Leather. i got them in an auction so i cant return them but before i flip them for another pair thought maybe i could make them fit. when i have them on they feel great, like walking on air. but getthing them on and off is a real pain. how should i soak them if i wanted to try that?

PRO WARRINGTON BOOTS MODEL 4132SG leather.

I had the same problem with mine. I believe it is in the manafacturing process. I got 2 pairs of the identical boot within 2 weeks. 1st pair was like wearing a pair of sneakers, the second pair, ha ha , I tried on 13 sizes of the identical style# and still did not find another pair that fit like the originals. I will say the vendor went totally out of his way to help me, as well as trying 5 other manafacturers he mentioned that this was the first time in 17 years he saw anything like that occur.

Black Diamond

Servus

Warrington Pro

Hailix (?)

Ranger

Contact Warrington and see if you can buy the device they give you with them to take them off. It extends the life of the boot and makes it easier to take them off. It is just a piece of angled wood with a "U" shape to the top that the heel sits in and you step on the back of it.

Take them to a shoe repair place. They can stretch them. Once you get them stretched, get two soda bottles and fill them with water and jam them in the boots. These will act as a "poor mans" shoe tree. If there are any horseback riders out there. This will also work with the high boots. It keeps them from sagging at the bottom.

ya i got the boot taking off thing already. i do have to yankee candles in there now. is there a fluid you can put on it to loosen the material so it stretchs easier?

"ya i got the boot taking off thing already," c'mon y'all....That's called a "Boot Jack" and it prevents liner separation in leather firefighting boots. Warrington Pro does not give them away, they sell them and usually the distributor gives them out with each pair sold.

Merry Christmas and Stay Safe.

Does anyone know a local store that sells boots Because I would like to try them on before I buy them instead of online.

JM15, go down to AAA. They usually have various sizes for you to try on . That iw who we all use in our department.