Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JAD622

Mount Vernon's 2 new Ferrara Engines finished

44 posts in this topic

Just wanted to give an update to those interested that rigs are finished and are looking real good. They were pump tested today and passed with flying colors. They should be on their way up later next week. You can see the latest pics on Ferrara's website.

Wow! The new engines look great and very rugged! Can't wait to see photos posted on EMTBravo.com and them running the streets in MV...901's already got any eye out!

I also know of 6 new firefighters that will be delivered to MVFD in less than 2 weeks as well to help staff these cadillacs.

Also, while on the subject, it looks like Pleasantville's Ferraras designed by EWFAC are also coming along nicely!

Edited by x635

901 is gonna have to watch his back. I'll be on the look out for them as well. (which means i hope 901 pulls some yonkers shifts or even 38M1 for a week or so after they arrive). Sounds great, cant wait to see them in action.

Also, just wondering if anyone has word on MVFDs new Seagrave Tower. I havnt seen in at Station 3 in a while. Truck 2 over there is also out. Whats goin on?

Those rigs look almost exactly like a city Seagrave, except for a couple things.

Those rigs look almost exactly like a city Seagrave, except for a couple things.

Besides the colors and the light bars there are almost no changes to the FDNY Spec that you can see. I am sure there are a bunch of changes such as Pump type/size, etc. Even the CFR-D compartment is on the new rigs.

Side note if this is a FDNY Spec then this would be the first FDNY Spec Engine thats not High Pressure.

Specs on the rigs are as follows; Hale QMax 2000 gpm single stage pumps with the new "K" Gear Box. These two pumpers are the first ever to receive these new gear box's which are designed to reduce the db level significantly. They also have Detriot Series 60 motors, Allisson EVS-4000 transmissions and Telma retarders. They also have a few "Perks" thrown in by Ferrara which we'll reveal after they are delivered. They leave Ferrara's plant Saturday morning. I'll send some shots to Seth by Friday.

I just got back from the Plant and theses rigs are really hot!!!! I will try to send a bunch of pics in tonight if not first thing in the morning. These rigs are going to be great addition to Vernon's fleet

Is that gap in the front bumper reserved for a Q-siren?

Is that gap in the front bumper reserved for a Q-siren?

The indentation in the front bumper is a 4 1/2 inch discharge w/ a 5" Storz connection.

The indentation in the front bumper is a 4  1/2 inch discharge w/ a 5" Storz connection.

For......feeding a tower ladder I take it? Interesting to have a discharge that big in front.

Any word on which engines these will be replacing? Also are there any plans to replace. I seem to remeber seeing in the Journal News a while back that FDMV recieved a grant to buy a new rescue.

In the second to last picture on the spy shot page, what is the compartment with the white cabintry in in the back behind the roll up door?

Edited by 23piraf

They will replace engines 5 and 6 (or by county numbers, 205 and 206). Those companies are both running old E-One rigs.

Maybe...but maybe not.

To clarify my earlier post, those are the two rigs that are the oldest in the City of MV. The new rigs might not end up at the Stations currently housing E's 5 and 6, but those are the ones that will most likely be pulled from service.

The white plastic cabienet is FDNY spec for CFR-D storage.

Also the front discharge is something you see on the FDNY Satellite Engines aka 2000gmp pumpers. Used for supplying the LDH.

Yes they are getting a rscue and it will be a Ferrara on the ultra chasis like the two new engines. Yes I know what they are replacing but not able to say yet

The white compartment is a first aide compartment to care AED O2 and first aide kit

Yes they are getting a rscue and it will be a Ferrara on the ultra chasis like the two new engines.  Yes I know what they are replacing but not able to say yet

Dont spill the beans someone may get mad and make them be engine 1 and 7 and not 5 and 6. Who cares who gets them as long as the dept gets new stuff so they can work safer.

Dont spill the beans someone may get mad and make them be engine 1 and 7 and not 5 and 6. Who cares who gets them as long as the dept gets new stuff so they can work safer.

Thanks for looking out, but without people there just another place for water to pass. engine 3 and 4 are getting the new ones. Opps did I say that out loud.

901 is gonna have to watch his back.  I'll be on the look out for them as well.  (which means i hope 901 pulls some yonkers shifts or even 38M1 for a week or so after they arrive).  Sounds great, cant wait to see them in action. 

Also, just wondering if anyone has word on MVFDs new Seagrave Tower.  I havnt seen in at Station 3 in a while.  Truck 2 over there is also out.  Whats goin on?

The deal is our brand NEWtower does not operate.( Love the City)

Ladder 2 which I could put the stick in your back pocket is sitting there because a Hyd. seal is broken and the city doesnt want to pay for it. Like its gonna fix it self.

Tell a friend. and if your a border city tell whos running your town.

The deal is our brand NEWtower does not operate.( Love the City)

Ladder 2 which I could put the stick in your back pocket is sitting there because a Hyd. seal is broken and the city doesnt want to pay for it. Like its gonna fix it self.

Tell a friend. and if your a border city tell whos running your town.

New ladder doesn't operate ?

They will replace engines 5 and 6  (or by county numbers, 205 and 206).  Those companies are both running old E-One rigs.

Actually, they are going to be Engines 3 & 4. Replacing those 2 E-Ones and they will be moved to replace Eng's 5 & 6.

Any word on which engines these will be replacing? Also are there any plans to replace. I seem to remeber seeing in the Journal News a while back that FDMV recieved a grant to buy a new rescue.

Yes. We are currently working on the specs for the new rescue.

For......feeding a tower ladder I take it?  Interesting to have a discharge that big in front.

Yes and for relays maybe as well. We suggested it during the first meeting and they liked the concept so it was written into the spec. There are a couple of surprises on these 2 engines.

They are on the way up from LA as we speeak and shold be at the dealer on Mon or Tues

WOULDN'T IT BE NICE IF THE NEW RIGS COULD BE DELIVERED WITH MANPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOULDN'T IT BE NICE IF THE NEW RIGS COULD BE DELIVERED WITH MANPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second the motion.