Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stephen morea

Hawthorne FD Fleet?

13 posts in this topic

can any one out there tell me what hawthorne fire department runs as far as trucks, antiques, and chiefs cars. I know they have a pierce tower ladder, but thats all i know. so, if any one can help me out all info would be greatly appreiciated. thanx, steve

I'm not sure of the manufacturers, but heres what they run (as gar as i know):

Department 219

Command Units:

Car 2191, Car 2192, Car 2193

Engine-155

Engine-156

Tower Ladder-12

Mini-Attack-27

Utility-15

Utility-41

63B1 - BLS Ambulance

63B2 - BLS Ambulance

can any one out there tell me what hawthorne fire department runs as far as trucks, antiques, and chiefs cars. I know they have a pierce tower ladder, but thats all i know. so, if any one can help me out all info would be greatly appreiciated. thanx, steve

Hawthorne Runs 8 Pieces (not including Chiefs Vehicles):

(2) Engines: Eng. 155- Pierce Rescue Eng. / Eng. 156- Pierce Eng.

(1) Tower: T.L. 12- Pierce Arrow

(1) Mini Attack: M.A. 27- Ford/?????

(2) Utilities: Utly. 15-Ford Econoline Van, Utly. 41-Chevy Suburban

(2) Ambulances: 63B1 & 63B2: I believe Ford Hortons-(Could be wrong)

Chiefs Vehicles are: Car: 2191:Tahoe, 2192:Tahoe, 2193: Expedition

Here's a pic of Eng. 156 at an MVA.

Sorry about the size.

post-2471-1134945921.jpg

Edited by ONLOCATION

One 1991 Pierce Engine

One 1997 Pierce Rescue Pumper

One 1983 ( soon to be replaced) Pierce TowerLadder

Two Ambulances. Both Hortons, one 1997 and one 2004

One 1982 Mini Attack ( soon to go)

One 198??? van ( soon to go)

One 1995 Suburban

Three chief's cars...two Tahoes and one Expedetion

No antiques ( a few with two legs.... B) )

We are in the process of looking for a new ladder truck and a small rescue/ special ops vehicle to replace the mini attack and the van

Happy Holidays all :)

Andy Mancusi

Asst. Chief

Hawthorne FD

Ah yes, just what the town of Mt. Pleasant needs...another new Tower Ladder. :blink:

That may sound really negative, but its meant more with a sigh. I just don't see a need for the way money is spent in the fire service.

Stat...perhaps you can share some more of your extensive knowledge about mt. pleasant and their departments, seeing as that your from New Hampshire

Ah yes, just what the town of Mt. Pleasant needs...another new Tower Ladder. :)

Stat, with all due respects.....I never stated we were looking for a towerladder. If you read what I wrote I said "we are in the process of looking for a new ladder truck".

Just for your information...as a chief officer and committee member for this new truck, I am totally in favor in fact I am pushing for a straignt stick as I do agree with you that there are plenty of towerladders in my town. What we end up remains to be seen. Happy Holidays and stay safe. :)

Andy Mancusi

Asst. Chief

Hawthorne FD

ok, change it to...sigh just what mt pleasant needs...another ladder. Period. make it a tower, a stick...no difference, still a waste of taxpayers $$$.

Chu Chu, I am quite familiar with the Town. I used to live, and to work there. In lieu of getting into a giant #@$% measuring contest, I will wish you happy holidays!!! If you want to know more about me, fire off a PM. I'll be happy to talk until I am blue in the face about what I think could be done differently in the fire service. Ask anyone on here about my opinions, cause I got 'em. :)

And, I do not blame Hawthorne for trying to replace their truck. If I was on there, I would probably try and keep what I had too. As an outsider, I can say that we spend too much money all over the fire service on duplicated apparatus.

ok, change it to...sigh just what mt pleasant needs...another ladder. Period. make it a tower, a stick...no difference, still a waste of taxpayers $$$.

Chu Chu, I am quite familiar with the Town. I used to live, and to work there. In lieu of getting into a giant #@$% measuring contest, I will wish you happy holidays!!! If you want to know more about me, fire off a PM. I'll be happy to talk until I am blue in the face about what I think could be done differently in the fire service. Ask anyone on here about my opinions, cause I got 'em. :D

Stat, I am open to your opinions and sugestions. Happy Holidays

Andy Mancusi

Asst. Chief

Hawthorne FD

A good point STAT, the fire service is loaded with duplication of apparatus and resources.

The town where I reside (Trumbull, CT) now has 2 Tower Ladders, 1 75' Quint, 11 Engines, 3 Heavy Rescues, and a boatload of service/chief's vehicles. Oh, I almost forgot the MAXI-water unit (former FDNY Satellite). Not bad for a bedroom community of 30,000. Perhaps Newsday will make their next stop in Connecticut?

The fire service really could use a good mirror or at least a few brave individuals who have the courage to be objective.

I thought Hawthorne had a third engine, what do plan to replace the current TL-12 with another a pierce or something different