Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cas2383

Port Chester 2 alarm 10-75 12/18

17 posts in this topic

Tower 2 was also operating at the scene, there was fire extending throughout walls of the structure up to the 3rd floor. Once gas was finally shut off fire was quickly knocked down and overhaul began.

Heavy smoke and fire blowing out of basement windows on arrival. One FF rescued from basement when his air ran out...He's OK. Stubborn fire in an old ballon-frame house. Good job done by all. Damage held to the basement, side, and front apartments.

Due to uncontrolable circumstances, the picture could of been different. It was tough....the men did a good job!

JOB WELL DONE BY ALL! Truly the BEST! Many thanks to our Brothers from Mamaroneck and Purchase for standing-by for us.

Sounded like a Good job, (Listening to it). The Weather doesn't help with the Cold Temps either. Question: When control called for a 2nd Alarm for Port Chester bringing Tower 2 & Eng. 64 to the Scene is that more or less similar to a manpower call or ????. Not really familair with P.C.F.D. Operations.

Edited by ONLOCATION

GREAT JOB GUYS .. BY EVERYONE !!! HARD FOUGHT BATTLE .. HARD EARNED VICTORY !!!!! THANKS GOES OUT TO THE BOYS FROM MAMARONECK & PURCHASE ....

Sounded like a Good job, (Listening to it).  The Weather doesn't help with the Cold Temps either. Question: When control called for a 2nd Alarm for Port Chester bringing Tower 2 & Eng. 64 to the Scene is that more or less similar to a manpower call or ????. Not really familair with P.C.F.D. Operations.

The use of a 2nd alarm could be for manpower or extra engines if need be too. PC's second alarm according to our dispatch sheet brings 2 more engines from PC and the 2nd ladder truck from PC. In tonights case E62 was out of service for mechanical for the last few days so they did not respond with it many of their members did help out however. On a first alarm PC adds a 3rd engine to the working fire, as in tonights case E60. Hope that answers.

If anyone has pics please post!!!!

The use of a 2nd alarm could be for manpower or extra engines if need be too.  PC's second alarm according to our dispatch sheet brings 2 more engines from PC and the 2nd ladder truck from PC.  In tonights case E62 was out of service for mechanical for the last few days so they did not respond with it many of their members did help out however.  On a first alarm PC adds a 3rd engine to the working fire, as in tonights case E60.  Hope that answers. 

If anyone has pics please post!!!!

Thanks for the response, greatly appreciated.

Do you guys have a F.A.S.T. on scene when you transmit a 10-75? Curious, especially because you had to rescue one of your own.... I want to know how that works out - using your own to do the rescue. I ask only to learn from it.

Glad to hear he (or she) is doing OK.

Do you guys have a F.A.S.T. on scene when you transmit a 10-75?  Curious, especially because you had to rescue one of your own....  I want to know how that works out - using your own to do the rescue.  I ask only to learn from it.

Glad to hear he (or she) is doing OK.

When a 10-75 is transmitted, the next due engine responds to the scene usually to be FAST, and the remaining 2 engine companies go on standby in thier respective quarters. The rescued FF was found when lines were still being stretched and first due units were arriving on scene.

Actually, at PCFD FAST assignment must be specifically detailed to any unit and not just assumed that the 3rd engine is the FAST. Like other Depts, a 3rd engine completes a first alarm assignment and can be used anywhere as assigned by the IC.

Actually, at PCFD FAST assignment must be specifically detailed to any unit and not just assumed that the 3rd engine is the FAST. Like other Depts, a 3rd engine completes a first alarm assignment and can be used anywhere as assigned by the IC.

port chester was in the works with purchase for a combined FAST team but dont know what happend. the fire was intense and could have been alot worse than what it was once the gas was shutoff it was a great stop by the men just keeping it contained and thanxs from quick response from mamaroneck and purchase for m/a coverage

A thanks to Mamaroneck and Purchase..I tip my hat

I have a few pictures but for some reason can't get them to post them here, let me know if you want copies.

Edited by jack10562

hey jack ill take some copyies

I have a few pictures but for some reason can't get them to post them here, let me know if you want copies.

I would like some pictures. thanks in advance..