Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Little Giant Ladder

20 posts in this topic

Any ladder guys out there have a little giant ladder on there rig. That is by far the best ladder ever made.

We, Croton FD, are lucky. We have a total of 3 Litlte Giant Ladders.

One is on TL44

One is on R18

One is on E119.

We got one for E119 because during our FAST Training we found that in a pinch, we could set it up as a high-point to hoist a downed FF out of a hole. It also comes in handy when we are out on alarms, especially at the Nursing Home, when we have to pull down a detector from the higher ceilings.

It's the best ladder - like you said!

Torrington,CT Ladder-2 has a little giant laddder system on their truck.

Buchanan carries one on Rescue-26 since it rolls on all alarms. The Little Giant ladder is by far one of the greatest tools out there due to its versatility.

i aggree, a great ladder, but remember NOT NFPA approved. so if you get jammed up on one, be careful.

GREAT TOOL,we have four of them in port chester one on eng 58 eng 59 rescue 40 and tower 2

Fairview Res 3 & Ladder 1 both have 'em.

We carry one on Engine 110, and it certainly is my favortie ladder

Should the little giant ladder be on the truck that goes on all calls or should it be on rescues or ladders and so on? I Just wondering.

I think it should be on both. 1. If they are 2 different calls and they both need the ladder at that scene then they gotta wait. 2. Dont forget, alot of ff's like that ladder so if ur at a scene and u need the ladder for something you could just get the one on the rescue or the truck.

Little Giant ladder on all 5 pieces of apparatus...its the halligan tool of ladders...millions of uses!

www.radnorfire.com

In my station, our attack engine, 39-11, and our hose truck, 39-81 both have Little Giants. I know that in our Station 3, their Utility, 39-63 has one as well. There are several more floating around my district, although I am not sure on exactly which apparatus they are on. They are most certainly a versatile ladder system, and I love being able to use them at times and places most other ladders cannot be employed!

Edited by xfirefighter484x

Rye Engine 191 has one...

Its especially good to use as a step-ladder in a drop-ceiling situation where you need to pop out a tile here and there to look around. I dunno about you smaller guys, but if I tried leaning an attic ladder into the grid of a drop-ceiling, there would probably be a major failure!

mamaroneck has one on e-42 and u-9 it is awseome

We have 2 on TL-5. Two different sizes it is a great tool

Stamford Fire Rescue carries Little Giant ladders on all front line (11 companies) and reserve (5 rigs). We use them often on all types of runs.

Be Safe and Happy New Year!!!

SFRD49

i aggree, a great ladder, but remember NOT NFPA approved.  so if you get jammed up on one, be careful.

That is interesting, because we test our 13' and 22' Little Giant Ladders every year according to NFPA 1932. They PASS every year. Are you referring to the weight ratings?

Thanks and stay safe