Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Truckie 1075

Will there be a March Probie Class for Westchester

79 posts in this topic

Anyone know if there will be a Westchester T&V fire probie class for march? If so, the letters should be going out soon... they are usually right behind the cops.

Edited by Truckie 1075

It is not a rumor. There will be a spring, New York State Fire Academy class at Westchester. The projected start date would be March 6, 2006. The canvas letters are already out. As it stands now the class size is 16 confirmed but it is still early, all of the departments haven't responded yet.

I have heard that march is the date as well. I hope the staff will be the same as the 03-2005. A great bunch of instructors, but just remember we were fergusons first :o. Would this be 01-2006?

I have heard that march is the date as well.  I hope the staff will be the same as the 03-2005.  A great bunch of instructors, but just remember we were fergusons first  :o.  Would this be 01-2006?

letters are out? anybody get one?.... which departments are signed up?

letters are out? anybody get one?.... which departments are signed up?

i heard scarsdale is getting 2 more, M2theax can probably confirm that.

i heard scarsdale is getting 2 more, M2theax can probably confirm that.

did they send out letters?

did they send out letters?

Edited by emt301

I know that there will be at least 1 more, possibly 2. I heard someone say that 12 people are already waiting to go in throughout the county, I don't know how accurate that is.

heres the latest class....it's not, I repeat NOT definete yet-- (that decision comes from the Career Fire Chiefs) but I can tell you this:

all departments were notified

Scarsdale--1

Mt Vernon--8

Newburgh--3-4

Fairview (Westchester)--1 maybe

Thats as much as I know, as of Friday.

Who knows? They might even invite me back!

HEY CAPT CAN I GO AGAIN ? PUT LAGRANGE DOWN FOR 1 (ME)

You are a glutton for punishment Lagrange. I would love to yell at you again.

I can assure you that all career dept's have NOT been notified of this class as of 1/5. I have not checked the mail today!

According to the County All Career Departments have been noitified!!!!!

No Lagrange you cant take it again but you are welcome to be part of the staff.

According to the County All Career Departments have been  noitified!!!!!

No Lagrange  you cant take it again  but you are welcome  to be part of the staff.

I was wondering what qualifications do you have to have to become an instructor? i like teaching and i thought it would be cool to someday teach the new and upcoming people. i am still just a vollie now and will be paid soon (fingers crossed) and just wanted to know what the requirements are ie. time, classes, etc.

maybe i will be in this upcoming spring class if not then there is always fall

have a great day and stay safe out there

you have to be at least a level one State Instructor for concideration for county employment. Most of us are Level 2 National Certified Instructors. Hope that helps

Hey Cap, If Lagrange goes then I go. After all someone has to keep him inline. Oh yeah, can skittles instruct aerial ops?

Newburgh has 3 going and I think they might be hiring another.

HEY CAPT I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE BURG KEEPING ME IN LINE BUT IF YOU EVEN THINK THAT I WILL GO THROUGHT AERIAL OPS AGAIN WITH KITTLES YOU BETTER ADD A WHOLE WEEK OF FRIDAYS TO THE CLASS WE ALL NEED TO REMEMBER HE IS A PARAMEDIC !!

now now men lets get serious!!! Kittles is not teaching aerial operations or ladder climb

last I heard almost 20 for the class 8 from Mt Vernon looks like allthose guys arent going to be on the bottom too long

did you guys hear about Capt Dempesy job!!!! in the fire house!!!!

Any one co meing to the Seminar onSat at the marriott inElmsford??

Chief Dunn is the main speaker starts a t 9 am

You know i would trade a education certificate for a demerit

be safe

My hard copy came on Monday, I was left off of the e-mail, so the County thought they had notified everyone!

Count 2 in from the VA for this class!

Yonkers isn't putting anyone through the class? How long has it been since they've hired?

Yonkers isn't putting anyone through the class?  How long has it been since they've hired?

yonkers runs their own probie class, rumor has it they will be hiring 40 FF's in the near future

Good luck to all involved in this round of hirings.

Just remember, just because you passed the entry tests, have a interview, or even get hired, doesn't mean you have the job. It's just the beginning....it's up to you to earn-and keep- your spot. Get in shape-and that includes your mind.

I MAY be writing "x635's Guide To Probie School" with 17 coauthors, which may be released in late February. Look for it on EMTBravo.com

there there is that 17 thing again!!! hope i get a good review in your guide book!!!

Hey LaGrange what's your point about Skittles being a medic? I was a truckie long before I was a medic. Who exactly is on the of toughest mother#@#$ Paramedics you've ever met anyway? Plus your right you won't be teacing aeiral ops, you'll be doing FAST and RTB with me and we'll have to make our own new 7th Squad.

X635, how bout my own chapter with the article I gave you on what they don't tell you in Paramedic school. Or one on how to keep your loud mouthed jarhead instructor off your @ss for at least 5 mins. lol.

All I know is I'm getting the itch already and its only been a month since 03=2005 graduated. Is the new class here yet?

Hey LaGrange what's your point about Skittles being a medic?  I was a truckie long before I was a medic.  Who exactly is on the of toughest mother#@#$ Paramedics you've ever met anyway?  Plus your right you won't be teacing aeiral ops, you'll be doing FAST and RTB with me and we'll have to make our own new 7th Squad.

X635, how bout my own chapter with the article I gave you on what they don't tell you in Paramedic school.  Or one on how to keep your loud mouthed jarhead instructor off your @ss for at least 5 mins. lol. 

All I know is I'm getting the itch already and its only been a month since 03=2005 graduated.  Is the new class here yet?

Take it down a couple of notches- Give it a rest- Your scaring people. It is only Probie School. :P

It's only probie school? Its the basis for the rest of a probie firefighters career.

I'm not Emril bro, there is no kicking up or down a notch, lol. Be afraid, very afraid.

It's only probie school?  Its the basis for the rest of a probie firefighters career.

I'm not Emril bro, there is no kicking up or down a notch, lol.  Be afraid, very afraid.

He is right there isnt a lot of kicking up a notch or BAM!'s but there is a hell of a lot of "Get your @$$ OUT OF THAT WINDOW/OVER THE LEDGE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"yes sir"

Take it down a couple of notches- Give it a rest- Your scaring people. It is only Probie School. :P

"Take It Down A Couple Of Notches" goes with "Let's not do PT" or "It's Raining Out".

It may be "only probie school" to you, but to some it's the begining of their career. There's several reasons to be scared, especially if you're a brand new civilian walking in off the street. I personally observed this class in action several times, and they work hard. It's not a cakewalk, and new probies shouldn't expect it to be.

Obviously, you haven't seen in person the 14 weeks of intense training these guys go through. Give them some credit.

Edited by BrotherFF