Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
22 Truck

New 9/11 Movie

18 posts in this topic

Don't know if anyone has heard about it but there is a new movie coming out about Flight 93, the flight that fought back on 9/11.

Flight 93

Check it out, due to release this April.

OMFG are you kidding me!! they made a movie of that? Um about 4 years to late guys. it is not even relevent anymore, unless it is a way for the President to remind us why we had to goto war. i really don't know where i stand on this i mean ya it shows american doing what we do, kick evil doers butts, but isn't this a little touchy. i mean what about a movie about all the firemen and cops? No one nows way really happened in there anyway. I mean i know there was an all american football player, a judo champian and some other pissed off people but who really knows what happened. maybe the terrorist just freaked out and put her in the ground cause he chickened out like the cowards they were?

I stand behind our troops and hope they all come home safely.

Edited by ECLEMENTE

There was a similiar movie on TV/Cable a few months ago. It was very good.

Edited by Steve

Is this really necessary to be made into a movie? Go make money on something else Hollywood.

I saw the trailer at the movies the other night. Not sure exactly when the movie is due out. Kind of hard to make a 2 hour movie about a plane of characters that no one knows for certain what actually happened?

If you have yet to see it, the National Geographic channel has a 3 part series called 'Inside 911' that has to be the best "non-fictional" account of the events preceding 911 and the actual events of that day. I am not sure when it is on next (they run it from time to time), but you can also purchase the DVD at most stores.

Definitely worth purchasing and saving in your archives.

Oliver Stone is also currently producing a movie about 911 in NYC. I can only imagine what type of conspiracy twist he will manufacture......

Edited by 786XP

There was a similiar movie on TV/Cable a few months ago. It was very good.

It was on the Discovery Channel, really good story for what they had to work with since much of it was unknown and they only had to go by pre-flight, phone calls and the data recorder.

this story isnt a necessary production at all. as someone said earlier, "go make money some other way hollywood."

as some people are saying on how they could make a movie 2 hours long on an incident that no one really knows about, to me, is kinda irrelevant. 5 years isnt long enough for some people. whether they make a movie about FLT. 93, or the cops and fireman, or any of the flights...it going to just be too difficult for many people, especially those who lost loved ones that day. people have to remember that it was so much more than cops and fireman that passed on, but it was also thousands of civilians...and their families (i believe most) arent ready to see a major motion picture on their loved ones passing on, just as i would feel no family would want to see.

i guess that the "producers" approach with this movie is suppose to be a just one, but i dont see this is a memorial nor a tribute. maybe its just me, but i see this as hollywoods way of showing impatience on a topic they are dying to make a movie about, just to make money.

I can understand documentaries, because I was in one. I can understand books about those we lost and those who lived. I'm not sure where I stand on this one.

I want to believe there is a more noble cause behind it, like reminding those who weren't affected why we are involved in conflict. Or, showing there were other heroes aside from the 343,24,47. But, my cynical side knows the truth. But, people outside of the NYC/DC/PA area need to be reminded.

like it or not this is only one of four moviesdue out this year about 9/11

OMFG are you kidding me!! they made a movie of that? Um about 4 years to late guys. it is not even relevent anymore, unless it is a way for the President to remind us why we had to goto war.  i really don't know where i stand on this i mean ya it shows american doing what we do, kick evil doers butts, but isn't this a little touchy. i mean what about a movie about all the firemen and cops? No one nows way really happened in there anyway. I mean i know there was an all american football player, a judo champian and some other pissed off people but who really knows what happened. maybe the terrorist just freaked out and put her in the ground cause he chickened out like the cowards they were?

I stand behind our troops and hope they all come home safely.

I too am not in favor of another production. However, let me set the record straight. The terrorists did NOT freak out and drop that bird into the ground. There is documented 911 cell phone calls from the plane that allow us to know exactly what happened. Football player, Judo champ or regular good 'ol American citizen they put up a hell of a fight. And maybe they do deserve some more recognition to let everyone else know what they did for their country on that tragic day.

The terrorists did NOT freak out and drop that bird into the ground. There is documented 911 cell phone calls from the plane that allow us to know exactly what happened. Football player, Judo champ or regular good 'ol American citizen they put up a hell of a fight. And maybe they do deserve some more recognition to let everyone else know what they did for their country on that tragic day.

i was in no way belittling anything they did on that plane, but you just don't know. i am sure there was a revolt and the passengers kicked some a** but really the whole incident took what, 45 min to go down. we will all have to get some more info on the movie then just the trailer.

it just seems like it is cheapening their memories. i just feel all wierd about it.

Although this is not something we like to rehash, as many of us have quite sore wounds about this incident, Hollywood is Hollywood and America is America.

Let's not forget about all the other national tragedies that have been exploited and/or romanticized by the film or television industry Pearl Harbor, WWII, Vietnam, etc.

I like the notion that this film may inspire or make the public realize that there are times where ordinary citizens need to realize and step up and fight for this country. If our forefathers just sat back and watched things happen, or didn't fight for what they believed in, where would we be now?

And although the industry loves and is driven by money and is very greedy, sometimes I like to think at the most basic level filmaking is an art and filmmakers have a story they want to tell.

Oliver Stone is also currently producing a movie about 911 in NYC. I can only imagine what type of conspiracy twist he will manufacture......

i heard nick cage was staring in it. its about 2 members of the nypd

i heard nick cage was staring in it. its about 2 members of the nypd

was it nypd? i heard it was papd

Although this is not something we like to rehash, as many of us have quite sore wounds about this incident, Hollywood is Hollywood and America is America.

Let's not forget about all the other national tragedies that have been exploited and/or romanticized by the film or television industry Pearl Harbor, WWII, Vietnam, etc.

I like the notion that this film may inspire or make the public realize that there are times where ordinary citizens need to realize and step up and fight for this country. If our forefathers just sat back and watched things happen, or didn't fight for what they believed in, where would we be now?

And although the industry loves and is driven by money and is very greedy, sometimes I like to think at the most basic level filmaking is an art and filmmakers have a story they want to tell.

we all knew that one day, unfortunately, holly wood was going to do this, and as you said...we all have quite sore wounds from it....but i think that the problem, other than making them in the first place, is also how quickly they are doing this.

i'm not movie critic or a film buff...but i'm sure they waited a while (def. more than 5 years) before they made movies about other naitonal tragedies. this is just way too soon to make a movie about this...i feel.

Actually Nicholas Cage is the star in Oliver Stones' untitled project on the World Trade Center. He is one of two POrt Authority officers who were rescued and helped rescue others during the attacks. Although Stone had some good movies earlier I dont know how his political vews may influence the movie. I agree with Truckie, we have our share of movies on tragedies of enormous propotions such as major/minor Wars, Pearl Harbor and the Holocaust, and yet after decades are still hard to swallow. The memory is still very fresh in all our minds and not a wound ready to be reopened, not even in the most tasteful manner, even on a national level, especially not for the friends and family of the victims. Fortunatly there is a limit to how much he can show and recreate and Stone is rumored to be approaching the subject delecately which may only stir more contrivorsy. There is no nice way of approaching the subject matter and should not be done.

They tried to do a movie about the Worcester 6 tragedy from 12/3/99, but the families objected and they ended up canning the project after it had already gone into production. I wonder if someone tried to make a movie focusing on the FDNY from 9/11 if families would object in a similar fashion.