Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Best Soup In The Area

11 posts in this topic

I like soup.

However, it's hard to find, or at least I rarely hear, of places that have good "homemade" soup in the area.

One place I have found is Mount Parnese Diner on Central Park Ave. in Greenville. They have huge chunks of chicken, and very hearty and generous ingredients from scratch soups.

But that's the only place I know of. Who in the area has good from-scratch soups????

Also, does anybody have any good or unique soup recipes???

I think one really cold Sunday I have off I'm going to experiment with making my own.

*Maybe it will get cold enough for soup again at some point this winter! Although I'm not complaining about the current weather!

Edited by x635

Ladle of Love in Mt Kisco is a really good little hole in the wall/mom-pop place. NOT CHEAP... but the food is amazing.

It's in downtown mt kisco next to Cosi in that that little walk-thru area between Cosi & the dry cleaners

Edited by mikeinet

Yaa Ladle of Love Good selection.....But bring your Credit card and be prepared to get raped on the price......... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Poppy's Cafe on Purchase Street in Rye (around the corner from Fire HQ)

Home-made soups every day. Chicken Dumpling, Lentil and Chicken Pastina are my favorites.

They also make Chili that the devil himself would find hot.

If you like Minestrone, Thornwood Pizza and Pasta makes an excellent Minestrone soup. While I am at it....try thier chicken parm or francese also...mmmmmmm :P

Andy

Lefteris Gyro on the corner of Rt 9 and Main St in Tarrytown have some pretty good soups. I love their split pea. I just dont know if they make the soup themselves.

cosmos in the village of mamaroneck on mamaroneck ave

1) Lefteris Gyro's soups are all home-made.

2) Try 2442/a**'t Chief Bobby Totten from Somers for a hell of a meal. 248-7411, I believe.

Thanks for the reccomendation on "Ladle Of Love" in Mount Kisco. Tried it the other day, both the service and soup were awesome! I had the Chicken Dumpling. Definetly worth the price, IMO every once and awhile.

Funny, they've been in business for 2 years there. Of all the times I worked 45-M-1, I never knew they were in that alley. Think of all the great lunches/snacks I could have had there!!!

Where's the "Soup Nazi" when you need him ?