Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sloty

Yorktown's New Ladder Now In The WC

48 posts in this topic

Yorktown New Ladder 51 is now in Westchester County :blink:. The old Ladder 51 will now have the county number Ladder 68

I am sure every one has been asking. Yes it has been built and it is now in Westchester County. It is RED.

Just a little note. Seagrave does make the best ladder out there.

What no spy shots of the new ladder yet..........who feel a sleep on this one lets go get the photo unit on the road so we can see some pics.

Is it in service yet? Because there are not yet any pictures on Yorktowns site.

Is it in service yet?  Because there are not yet any pictures on Yorktowns site.

its not in serivce yet, nor will it be for a while. Striping is currently being compleated, and EXTENSIVE training will take place before it even hits the road going to calls.

Edited by EMSJunkie712

By the way, that means that the oldest ladder, or oldest piece of (in service) apparatus in the county is going out of service, right? Who will be the oldest then? As for engines, Goldens Bridge? and what about for ladder trucks?

I think Goldens Bridge engine is the same year as ladder 51 1968. That is a long time to keep a rig in service. That ladder truck looked great the last time I saw it, I hope the new rig does the job like the old one

By the way, that means that the oldest ladder, or oldest piece of (in service) apparatus in the county is going out of service, right? Who will be the oldest then? As for engines, Goldens Bridge? and what about for ladder trucks?

whoa lol hold the phone :P its not going OOS just yet :)

wetdown? :)

no word on when it will be held yet

you probably wont be home anyway!

Edited by 911FIRE

Ladder 68 isnt on its way out we have a couple more years with it minimum...and the reason it has lasted so long is beacuse Seagrave makes high quality apparatus --- why do you guys think we went with them for the new 51

Thank God somebody has bought a "stick" rather than a "bucket !!!"

Yes, Engine 138 was delivered to the Golden's Bridge Fire Department in 1968, but it was refurbished twenty years later so some of the critical systems are not as old as you think. Regular PM and attention have kept it in service as a front-line engine and will do so for another few years at least.

Thank God somebody has bought a "stick" rather than a "bucket !!!"

IMO really no need for us to purchase one...With TL's in Somers, Bedford hills and Mount Kisco, one or more are just a radio transmission away.

Edited by EMSJunkie712

Nice Rig! Looks good even without stripping or goldleaf. Great Job to the YHFD Truck Comm. I know they put alot of work into it.

Edited by ONLOCATION

Very nice truck once all the lettering is done she going to look nice. Yorktown fire dept has got good taste in fire apparatus

very nice rig mamaroneck should get something like that to replace ladder 21

Very nice looking rig. Good luck with it and a great job done by the truck committee.

Ladder 51 was just on the air to 60-Control with a radio test...

"60-Control to Ladder 51... You sound brand new"

Where can we find pictures of this rig.

Where else but on EMTBravo.com

Yorktown's New Ladder 51

VERY nice looking rig - Reminds me a lot of Eastchesters L-16

Edited by 648eng119

Sorry bout that I thought there were newer pictures of it. I like what appears to be little flood lights between the back wheels they will def come in handy backing up at night. Not too many people think of lighting that area.

Edited by cas2383

just saw the rig it looks great - same scheme as 270 very cool -- the new maltesse design is awsome ---- sorry to junkie down in florida that you cant see it, but dont you have better things to be looking at YOUR IN FLORIDA!!!!

the NEW 51 is beatiful! Nice to see another red one at STA 2. Good luck YHFD !

:D

whats up with yorktownfire.org ????

I had the chance yesterday and today to view the new Ladder 51 in person, and it is an awesome truck. Not only am I happy to see a Seagrave ladder in Yorktown, but the specs were really thought out, and once it is in service, many people will be impressed with it. Even with the pump, there is still a lot of room for equipment. It's good to see all the new apparatus coming into this county spec'd to work for the department it serves.

Unfortunely, the weather is not cooperating with me getting good photos. I shot some today, but once me and the sun are on better terms, there will be better and more shots posted on EMTBravo.com (Hopefully soon!)

And just to note, when in service, Ladder 51 will respond from Station 1 (Downtown Yorktown) and L-68 from Station 2 (Locksley Road/ Route 132)

For now, check out the front page feature photo of EMTBravo.com

And here's a bonus photo for the meantime (Photo by me):

post-2-1140208241.jpg