Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest x2371

Pleasantville's New Engines Almost Done!

44 posts in this topic

Just got back from the plant yesterday, and these truck are really great. We tested the pumps and we pumped 2000 gpm at 1200 rpm(and we didn't use the deck gun or the 4 1/2" discharge). We had to stop at 2850 gpm (1850 rpm) because we couldn't draft anymore water (only had 5" suction hose). I bet we will be able to pump over 3000 gpm without a problem. They did a great job on the trucks and they should get shipped up here within two weeks and hopefully be at HQ within 3 weeks. Will keep everyone posted on the progress. These trucks are built like a brick ----house and we would like to thank East-West Fire Apparatus Consultants for all the hard work that went into designing these rigs and I think that they are going to set a new bar for apparatus in Westchester county.

Photos are up on EMTBravo

Any idea when they will be in?

Wow, those look terrific, especially the Rescue/Engine. Love to know what the bottom line was on R47.

The bottom line price on the rigs are as follows(may be of a little bit)

Engine 91 $460,000

Rescue 47 $535,000

Will be able to give final #'s upon delievery with the add on's and credits

I really like the polka dots! how much for those. In all seriousness, in one photo on EMTBravo.com there is a door next to a light, with a pipe inside the compartment. Is this for a built in speedy system? I.E. storage for speedy dry built into the apparatus, with the ability to fill a 5 gallon bucket instead if carrying a large bag of speedy dry.

Edited by grumpyff

I really like the polka dots! how much for those.  In all seriousness, in one photo on EMTBravo.com there is a door  next to a light, with a pipe inside the compartment.  Is this for a built in speedy system?  I.E.  storage for speedy dry built into the apparatus, with the ability to fill a 5 gallon bucket instead if carrying a large bag of speedy dry.

You are correct grumpy, we will now have a speedy dry schute. Now along with hose and air packs we can also distribute speedy along the road on our way to the fire :P

It also has the added advantage of allowing us to leave a trail for you to follow to the fire when you finally get down from the sticks to break in the new trucks.

Just got back from the plant yesterday, and these truck are really great.  We tested the pumps and we pumped 2000 gpm at 1200 rpm(and we didn't use the deck gun or the 4 1/2" discharge).  We had to stop at 2850 gpm (1850 rpm) because we couldn't draft anymore water (only had 5" suction hose).  I bet we will be able to pump over 3000 gpm without a problem.  They did a great job on the trucks and they should get shipped up here within two weeks and hopefully be at HQ within 3 weeks.  Will keep everyone posted on the progress.  These trucks are built like a brick ----house and would like to thank EWFAC for all the hard work that went into these rigs and I think that they are going to set a new bar for apparatus in Westchester county.

Photos are up on EMTBravo

What pump did you buy? Hale Waterous or Darley?

I remember when we first dicussed that system, the chief (at the time) was against it, because of the potential vandalism :P it could inspire in the fire house. Glad to see it got approved, the current system breaks your back trying to get the speedy dry off the rear or top compartment of the current R47.

As for the distance, you better hurry up, or I will drive E91 to a call before you. :D

IzzyEng4, from the photos posted, it appears to be a Hale pump.

Edited by grumpyff

Hey Ferg, Awesome looking rigs and stripping came out hot. Also Hats of to Kenny and the Truck Committee aswell for specing out some of the County's soon to be best looking trucks. Also overlite is the way to go, gotta see u coming, nice light package's.

Edited by ONLOCATION

We would like to thank East-West Fire Apparatus Consultants for all the hard work that went into designing these rigs and I think that they are going to set a new bar for apparatus in Westchester county.

Thanks Chief. We were certainly happy to be a part of the process. We wish your department many good years of service from them.

What type of Light bar's are on the new rigs? it almost looks like there is double decker LEDs, is that true?

What type of Light bar's are on the new rigs? it almost looks like there is double decker LEDs, is that true?

There Custom Built Whelen Delta Bars with ALL the Trimmings And possible Options.

Very sharp looking rigs, can't wait to see them up close. Good job to all involved :P

Ferg the new pieces look awsome . You guys really did a nice job . Can't wait to see them up close next time i am up . Sorry I missed you guys at the Baltimore convention. Maybe we can make it up for the parade this year.

There Custom Built Whelen Delta Bars with ALL the Trimmings And possible Options.

How much did those run :P

Ferg - what's the deal with the striping? It's cool looking, I'm just curious what made you guys go that way......

Good luck with the rigs, they look sharp and appear to have a substantial and successful future ahead.

With the new E91, will this change your assignments? One last thing, R47 looks like one of the best rescue/squad type rigs I've seen, let me know when there's going to be a wetdown so I can check it out in person.

How about a brief synopsis of these two awesome peices? Pump, tank, hose capacities, hydraulic tools, generators. You know the important stuff. They look great but I'd like to know more about the functionality as we're just starting our specs for a rescue pumper and R47 looks like what we're thinking.

I was looking at those pictures yesterday and those are the nicest rigs I have seen. The design of rescue 47 is unsual but to say in the least it is a well designed rig. Good luck with these two new trucks.

How about a brief synopsis of these two awesome peices? Pump, tank, hose capacities, hydraulic tools, generators. You know the important stuff. They look great but I'd like to know more about the functionality as we're just starting our specs for a rescue pumper and R47 looks like what we're thinking.

Both rigs have a Hale QMAX 2000 gpm single stage pump. E91 has a 1000 gallon tank & R47 has a 750 tank. Both have A&B Foam systems. Onan 20K generators and R47 has an onboard electric Hurst system. Powered by a Detriot Series 60 450 hp with Allison EVS4000 trannys with Telma retarders.

If your looking to do a similar peice give us a call and we'd be happy to sit down with you and your department.

And lets not forget the light bar. The Whelen Delta - Kenny edition

Awesome looking rigs guys - good luck with them

One question though - is that a rear steamer connection in the rear compartment on E91? If so - awesome idea, nothing like another large diameter intake that you can draft from.

Love the lightbars too - where can i get one for "Utility 648?"

Yes that is a rear suction in E-91. Also to add to the list of equiptment on the trucks

R-47 has a 9000 watt light tower and about another 8000 watts of scene lighting built into the each side of the rig. They also have 110 outlets all over the rig, inside the compartments and also on the outside of the rig. It also has a 12,000 ilb winch in the front bumper. The rig also has a speedy dry trof built into the rig and goes through the hurst tool compartment.

E-91 also has a remote power deck gun that can go from smooth bore to fog-stream. The engine also has about 6000 watts of scene lighting built into the sides of the rig.

Both rigs will be equipted with portable 3500 watt Honda genarators.

Edited by Pville2371

The rigs look really nice. I like the tank lvl display on the side of the cab. Just out of curiousity what will happen to the old R47 and E259. I sure won't miss the old R47's jake brake driving by. :)

The old R-47 and E-90 will be sold and E-259 will become the spare Engine.

I sure won't miss the old R47's jake brake driving by.  :lol:

Don't worry slacker, I'll make sure the airhorns and q siren are cranked just for you.

Good job on the new trucks!!! They look good. Can't wait to work with R47 on the Saw Mill. Good Luck with both trucks! :ph34r:

The trucks look great, Mike! So nice to see RED trucks!!! When's the wet down?

Best of Luck!

P.S. Thanks again Mike for your help at the MVA on Saturday.

very nice rigs lookin good pleasantville!!!!