Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

Actor Don Knotts dies at age 81

11 posts in this topic

LOS ANGELES - Don Knotts, the skinny, lovable nerd who kept generations of television audiences laughing as bumbling Deputy Barney Fife on “The Andy Griffith Show,” has died. He was 81.

Knotts died Friday night of pulmonary and respiratory complications at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Beverly Hills, said Paul Ward, a spokesman for the cable network TV Land, which airs “The Andy Griffith Show,” and another Knotts hit, “Three’s Company.”

Unspecified health problems had forced him to cancel an appearance in his native Morgantown, W.Va., in August 2005.

This is just a loss in the Actor world. He was a really funny guy. i think everyone here grew up with him, ahh well i hope that he's family is doing ok B)

RIP Mr. Limpett..Mr Furley, and of course, Barney Fife.

B)

Great actor. Had to be really smart to play the "dumb guy" parts buit he did it so well.

Take Care Mr. Furley!

So long Barney!

Another sad day in the acting circles, he was a great actor. RIP, Barney

post-839-1140918613.jpg

RIP Mr. Knotts, you were a great actor. B)

Edited by hoss49

RIP Don Knotts even though you were before my time I still watch your shows on TV land

RIP Mr. Knotts like Fireboy you were before my time but I still love watching you act as Barney on TV Land and my thoughts and prayers go out to your family. :)

Great actor.  Had to be really smart to play the "dumb guy" parts buit he did it so well.

Take Care Mr. Furley!

So long Barney!

He will be missed. A truly talented actor.

Andy Mancusi

Chief

Hawthorne FD