17 posts in this topic

1) Go to Conventions and Party!

2) Get to Ride on Shiny Trucks!

3) Get To Carry A Big Hose!

4) Get to Ride In Parades!

5) Women Love Hot Firemen!

6) Get To Hang Out With The Guys!

7) Get To Wear A Rubber Uniform!

8) Tell Stories That Make You Look Like A Hero!

9) Great Excuse To Get Out Of THe House!

10) Get To Drink Beer At The Firehouse!

HAHAHA :D

HAHAHA :D

Unfortunately, I can think of plenty of people that are firefighters for most, if not all of those reasons.

I could not disagree with you more regarding your connection between alcohol and the fire service. I am disappointed that there is brother or sister firefighter that would even post a messeage like this. Have we not learned that alcohol and firefighting don't mix? When operating on a fireground, the firefighters working with you are depending on you to make unimpaired decisions to ensure everyone comes home. How is that done when you were just partying?

Do everyone a favor, if you are drinking or partying, don't respond to alarms. And as for drinking in the fire house, shame on you. You give all respectable firefighters a bad reputation. I'm suprised that there is a fire department on this planet that allows drinking on its property. I guess that when someone gets hurt, that department won't mind the huge lawsuit that is sure to follow.

I can't speak for all firefighters, but the reason I have been involved in the fire service for the past 21 years is to help people. I took an Oath to provide fire protection to my community, and I have held up my end.

If partying is your reason for being involved in the fire service, then you are misguided. Maybe instead of responding to the firehouse, go to the bar. I would rather see you wake up the next day with a huge hangover then be responsible for a brother or sister firefighters death.

I believe that post was in fun and not a promotion to get drunk at the firehouse.

I have seen the top ten reasons before however i have heard that some people after reading this get a bad reputation about firemen. I love it and think it is funny. :lol: ha ha

I'm sorry I don't get the joke Fireboy. Tell me if anyone who reads this forum thinks that 10) Drinking Beer in the Firehouse is funny.

I don't.

1) Go to Conventions and Party!

2) Get to Ride on Shiny Trucks!

3) Get To Carry A Big Hose!

4) Get to Ride In Parades!

5) Women Love Hot Firemen!

6) Get To Hang Out With The Guys!

7) Get To Wear A Rubber Uniform!

8) Tell Stories That Make You Look Like A Hero!

9) Great Excuse To Get Out Of THe House!

10) Get To Drink Beer At The Firehouse!

Please tell me this is a joke. Please tell me there are better reasons than this.

Telling stories that make you look like a hero?? It's not about being a hero. It's about doing something you enjoy. Real heroes don't have to tell stories.

Women love hot firemen?? Yeah, but if they can't see past the uniform, then they are nothing but badge bunnies. (probably the most polite term I could use for them)

Who still wears rubber turnouts??

This sounds like something written by someone who really needs to grow up.

very true john...i also find it pretty upsetting to see people think stuff like that is funny...as you can see, some people (not suggesting its anyone here at all) who are on the job nowadays are truly on it for the wrong reasons, taking it away from those who really deserve it...

how about one the reasons in the top ten being "help your community and fellow citizens"...that'd be nice to see there huh, ha

Please tell me this is a joke. Please tell me there are better reasons than this.

Telling stories that make you look like a hero?? It's not about being a hero. It's about doing something you enjoy. Real heroes don't have to tell stories.

Women love hot firemen?? Yeah, but if they can't see past the uniform, then they are nothing but badge bunnies. (probably the most polite term I could use for them)

oorah JBE!

very true john...i also find it pretty upsetting to see people think stuff like that is funny...as you can see, some people (not suggesting its anyone here at all) who are on the job nowadays are truly on it for the wrong reasons, taking it away from those who really deserve it...

how about one the reasons in the top ten being "help your community and fellow citizens"...that'd be nice to see there huh, ha

Y'all need to pull the stick out of your as*'s and lighten up a bit.....

i dont know about the rubber suits..... lol

Guys These Were meant as a joke!

its from a t-shirt i have that i thought was funny and wanted to share with you.

i am in no way supporting drinking in the the fire house, it was meant as a joke, and to be taken lightly!

Guys These Were meant as a joke!

its from a t-shirt i have that i thought was funny and wanted to share with you.

i am in no way supporting drinking in the the fire house, it was meant as a joke, and to be taken lightly!

Well if you have read any of my previous posts you can tell that I am not exactly pro-volunteer. Now someone posts a completely rediculous post such as this. HMMMM I wonder why I have such feelings. All you volunteers and career FF's alike should be outraged at such a post. Is this how you want to be viewed???? Is this how you want the public to see you???? Yeah, what a funny T-shirt this would make...hahaha. It has nothing to do with a stick up any ones a**. It has to do with taking a little bit of pride in your "job". I am all for having fun at the firehouse and outside of it and those of you who work with me know this. But this is a serious job, one which has a very fragile view in the public eye. FF's getting arrested for DWI and similar offenses make front page headlines and apparently we like to make jokes and t-shirts about it. I think the most insulting comment is the one about telling stories that make us sound like heroes. Guys please, there are plenty of brothers out there who have died being heroes, not so you could wear some stupid t-shirt on your back, please show some respect. Its "jokes" like this that give the fire service a black eye that we seem to never recover from. Its not funny, no respectable FF should think it is, and if you do, maybe you should find another line of work. Feel free to respond, I would love to hear some of your comments...

Just a side note, because I SEE this frequently in the town where I reside. BROTHER and SISTER FIREFIGHTERS, next time you are in a bar with other firefighters and the alarm is struck, DO NOT GO!!! Even if you are sitting in the bar drinking water and are the DD. Picture yourself as a middle incomed resident with 2 kids, wife etc.... and you see a "Fireman" running out of the bar and then driving away what would your impression of the FD be? and how would you feel at the time of the next budget crisis where cuts must be made or funds allocated too. Also remeber that when operating an Emergency or Commercial vehicle ZERO TOLERANCE LAWS are in effect! that means that .001 is illegal!

Y'all need to pull the stick out of your as*'s and lighten up a bit.....

or you can cleary state it was a joke to begin with...that'd be great too :o

either way, its a stupid way to look at it

HEY JAY 762.

LITTLE HISTORY ABOUT VOLLIES, BEFORE YOU CONTINUE TO BE MISLED.. VOLLIES HAVE BEEN AROUND EVEN BEFORE PAID AND STILL IS.. THEY HAD VOLLIES EVEN IN THE BIG CITY OF NY AND THEY STILL DO. ALWAYS REMEMBER, UNLESS YOU PROTECT WHERE YOU LIVE, SOMEBODY HAS TO. YOU PUT OUT THE RED STUFF WITH THE WET STUFF. NO ONE IS PERFECT, EVEN IN THE PAID SERVICE.. YOUR JOB IS MY HOBBIE AND I DO IT WELL.. NO DISRESPECT, BUT THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK, PLUS YOU SOUND LIKE P.D. AND YES I THINK " OUR" YOUNG BROTHER NEEDS TO THINK ALSO.. NOT GOOD. BE SAFE..

Guys this was posted in THE LOUNGE!

its meant not to be taken seriously, as everything else in the lounge

its not like it was posted in fire and rescue operations!