Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RES20CUE

New Somers Station 6 ??

70 posts in this topic

A little birdie dropped by and said something about Somers now having a Station 6 somewhere (possibly 1966) Commerce Street in West Somers? I also heard that Seth has a picture to prove it. Anybody hear the same thing? :-P

I can see this turning into another Verplanck-Buchanan turf war when Verplanck would paint the shamrock on Buchanan's front apron.

I guess somers needs to put up more stations based on their "record year".....over 34,000 responses? sounds like someone may be cooking the books....

It's nice to see neighboring departments actually getting along, rather than fighting. :D When there's no laughter, than theres no fun.

Our "record number" of responses last year is exactly why we now need 6 Stations! :-P If someone from West Somers was smart enough to capture that moment in April, maybe someone else here at EMTBravo would know what your talking about! Of course, if you do have pictures- post them!!

I am a 3rd Generation Somers FF, and the West Somers- East Yorktown thing has been going on since my grandfather was around.

We have always had an awesome relationship with the West Somers Engine Comapny #2, oops. I mean the Yorktown Heights Engine Comapny #1, and hope to continue that for generatios to come! :D

Thanks for our new station no 6 YHFD! Pulling pranks like that really passes the time when you get no alarms, especially while listening to your department get toned out 2 or 3 times the same night :D . And its a good thing the hardware store was closed because we were close to selling your firehouse lol :-P . But once again, its all in good nature and non-destructive. People have to remember this and keep their head on straight otherwise things can get out of hand. But either way, thanks for a good time saturday night YHFD, and we'll see you next year!

-LittleBirdy

So who broke the "O" in Yorktown???

That was already broken!! Thanks Somers....You could have at least tried to fix it while you were up there.

Sources say Somers has expanded again. Can they be stopped? Where will they strike next? Is this all part of a plan? Should Tony Sutton look out? Somers County?

I dont know about anyone else i am not planing on having an elephant on any of our apparatus or vehicles or the firehouse

I dont know about anyone else i am not planing on having an elephant on any of our apparatus or vehicles or the firehouse

Neither was Yorktown or Croton Falls. :D

But mind you it was Yorktown's actions that led up to the assult. By taking over the firehouses, we can justify the elevated response numbers that were posted on our sign board. 8)

pictures of the "initial attack" are in the process...

Somers expands again!

The new Somers Station 8 is now located on Brook Place in Mahopac Falls, oops, I mean Somers Falls!

Yes, Somers has now expanded into Putnam County.

In fact, someone had beaten us there, and already labeled the refrigerator in the bay Station 8 for us.

Pictures to follow!!

Who will be next????

Somebody stop them!

Forget the Yankees, there is a new Evil Empire!

Way back when, Empress was called the Evil Empire. My how times have changed.

very intresting is all I have to say

It's time to put the elephant back in its cage !

Anybody have a tranquilizer dart????

Is this the new Battle For the North? I hope Somers doesn't believe in Facsism. :-k

DEFINE FACISM ? EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE IF EVERYONE WILL JUST DO WHAT THEY ARE TOLD !

Somebody stop them!

What's the matter Ed, afraid we're going to move to the east now? Maybe we'll take over your Station 2 and make it our Station 9. At least it would be a quicker response to the commercial district in that area. The new truck would be a plus too!

Just remember, carnival season is coming up. I'm sure we could get a banner up during our annual standby with out anyone noticing. 8)

DEFINE FACISM ? EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE IF EVERYONE WILL JUST DO WHAT THEY ARE TOLD !

Remember that Loo! :-P

Fascism is a popular belief by a dictator. Adolph Hitler, Dictator of Germany during WWII, and Benito Mussolini, another infamous dictator from Italy all lived by these ways. They all had beliefs to destroy, conquer, and expand new land. Fascism is thinking you are the "best" in the world. here is the definition found in the dictionary:

A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.

And theres my history lesson for the week. :wink:

All this is out of fun and comraderie with our neighbors, something that is a dying breed amongst BROTHERS!

We are not "facsists", we are TRADITIONAL FIREFIGHTERS that want to restore some of the fun in our Brotherhood.

I really don't think that comes close to fascism, but maybe it seems like it to those "down South"!! #-o

I know, i'm just Bustin Chops! :D 8)

Maybe Somers should relocate down south and annex another section. Somers on Hudson?

Somers on the Sound?

only in your dreams hun.....

Somers has expanded again!

We are getting closer to the Hudson!

Somers Station 9= 2143 Albany Post Rd, Montrose

"The former home of Cortlandt Engine Co"

Pictures to follow- BFD1054 has them!!