Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x648eng119

Stupid people=job security

22 posts in this topic

Exploding Paperweight Causes Teacher to Loose Hand

VENTURA, California (AP) -- A teacher who kept a 40 mm shell on his desk as a paperweight blew off part of his hand when he apparently used the object to try to squash a bug, authorities say.

The 5-inch-long shell exploded Monday while Robert Colla was teaching 20 to 25 students at an adult education class.

Part of Colla's right hand was severed and he suffered severe burns and minor shrapnel wounds to his forearms and torso, fire Capt. Tom Weinell said. No one else was injured. He was reported in stable condition at a hospital.

The teacher slammed the shell down in an attempt to kill something that was buzzing or crawling across the desk, said Fire Marshal Glen Albright.

Colla found the 40 mm round while hunting years ago and "obviously he didn't think the round was live," said Dennis Huston, who teaches computer design alongside Colla.

Hmmm not live????? Any drilled out holes in the casing?????? NO??????

DUMMY!

The though of Wild E. Coyote just comes to mind.

STUPID, STUPID, STUPID

lucky he didnt blow up a student! Dumba$$!

:rolleyes::rolleyes: I guess that bug he was trying to squash on his desk RETALIATED !!!!!! ;)

:rolleyes: 648, you stole my line!!! :rolleyes:;) I knew should have patented the whole "Stupid people=Job security" thing.

You know, one of Newton's Laws of Physics states that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Tell me how squashing a bug equals losing a hand. Guess it was a BIG bug, lol! B)

BigBug200.jpg

Edited by xfirefighter484x

And we all know

"You can't fix stupid!!"

I am very surprised that the school would let someone especially a teacher have a 40 mm shell on his desk or even in school. this is not right he and the school are both very lucky that none of the kids sustained any injuries.

And we all know

"You can't fix stupid!!"

No you can't but you can put some gauze on them and slow down the bleeding. But eventually they will win the Darwin Award.

No you can't but you can put some gauze on them and slow down the bleeding.  But eventually they will win the Darwin Award.

Eh, this would count as an honorable mention in the Darwin Awards. I believe you actually have to off yourself to be a contender for the Darwin Awards.

Yah Darwin Awards go to those that off themselves doing stuipd stuff to get themselves killed.

This is definatley a honorable metion which people don't have to off themselves.

Hmmm, sounds like God's way of weeding out stupid people. :)

How dumb can you be, that teacher really was not using his head

Hrm... let's look at the facts:

40mm Shell + Bug + Impact to the shell = Oh holy crap where're my fingers?

That sounds about right...

I bet he realized right before he slammed the shell down.

Slow motion:

"Die bug! OH... OH CRAP! THIS IS GONNA SUCK!" *boom*

nah, he probably thought nothing would happen. Remember - he thought it was a dead round.

Drunk drivers.

Motorcyclists who don't wear helmets.

People who don't follow regimens.

Folks who clean loaded guns.

Those who climb onto pitched roofs without a clue about safety.

These are a few of my favorite things.

Any more?

How about people who try to remove stuck snow from a snowblower while it's still running?

I feel sorry for the moron but I can't stop laughing, especially with these comments.

that is pretty funny, I want to see a picture of that kids face after the chair hit him. HOw dumb can you be

No you can't but you can put some gauze on them and slow down the bleeding.  But eventually they will win the Darwin Award.

And for those of you who haven't heard of the Darwin Awards, click to view them:

Darwin Awards

The basic description of Natural Selection is: Those who can adapt to change will survive. If not, you are stupid, and will die.

Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection - Natural selection is the phrase Charles Darwin used in 1859 in his book The Origin of Species to name the natural process he proposed to be responsible for the origin of new species and the adaptation of organisms to their environments. Darwin coined the term as an analogy to the way farmers select crops or livestock for breeding (see artificial selection). Since Darwin, evolutionary biologists have produced several lines of evidence confirming that Natural selection is the only evolutionary force that drives and has driven adaptive evolutionary change throughout the history of life on earth. In addition, classic population geneticists and moderm molecular evolutionists have shown that the bulk of natural selection in natural populations is centered around the elimination of deleterious mutations.

Natural selection occurs when individuals differ in reproductive output for functional reasons, i.e., when differences in reproduction follow from the fact that individuals differ from each other in their ability to tackle the challenges posed by their internal biology and by the biological and physical environment. This ability is a function of the physical structures (traits) of life forms and of how these structures affect their ability to tackle the aforementioned challenges.

Natural selection results in adaptive evolution when traits that enhance organismic abilities and thus the reproductive output of individuals that display them, are heritable. Such traits should become more frequent over the generations.

Edited by xfirefighter484x