Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BedfordFire

Apparatus Graphics

29 posts in this topic

In your opinion, what piece of apparatus in Westchester has the best graphics? Also, what kinds of graphics does your department's rigs have? (this can be anything from the numbers to slogans to murals). This should be interesting to see who has picutres of what on their trucks :P

Rye's Engine 192 is the only one in the country with a graphic of a clam on the side. :P

Rye's Engine 192 is the only one in the country with a graphic of a clam on the side.  :P

You Have Any Pics? I Would Love to see That!

Also Elmsfords TL21 Has The Bee Line Bus BeeTL%2021%20side%202.jpg

Tough Topic for Apparatus Buffs. Personally I am a Tradionalist, I like Gold Leaf/ Silver Leaf and alot of it (not overkill) but adequate. Also the Refective stripping has to go with the graphics and appreance and not just thrown on looking. Also am a fan of door Emblems and Murals but like to see the Apparatus ID on the Rear Door BIG (Wether in Leaf or Sticker).

post-2471-1146190887.jpg

Tough Topic for Apparatus Buffs. Personally I am a Tradionalist, I like Gold Leaf/ Silver Leaf and alot of it (not overkill) but adequate. Also the Refective stripping has to go with the graphics and appreance and not just thrown on looking. Also am a fan of door Emblems and Murals but like to see the Apparatus ID on the Rear Door BIG (Wether in Leaf or Sticker).

Also am a fan of Slogans, and Chevron Stripping in the Rear.

Another Example

post-2471-1146191362.jpg

I have to agree, nothing beats the old red and white or black with some gold leaf and reflective tape. But if a graphic was done tastefully and had some inside joke or relevence, I could live with that. And ONLOCATION where did you get that picture of engine 109.

Both engines 130, and 131 in Peekskill have nice art work on the side of the rigs. The art work is a big company patch.

Just remember guys, those graphics don't mean a thing if the apparatus is sitting in the repair shop most of the time. Just because it looks pretty doesn't mean it can do the job. :P

I have to agree, nothing beats the old red and white or black with some gold leaf and reflective tape.  But if a graphic was done tastefully and had some inside joke or relevence, I could live with that.  And ONLOCATION where did you get that picture of engine 109.

capt.415 Posted Today, 09:16 PM

Just remember guys, those graphics don't mean a thing if the apparatus is sitting in the repair shop most of the time. Just because it looks pretty doesn't mean it can do the job.

One I took, I have a few others, A Seagrave, Black over-Red=Love

capt.415 completely agree with u on that but to me another subject, Looks and Operational stand-point are both extremely priority to me.

Edited by ONLOCATION

Definatley have to agree with onlocation about everything he brought up - especially black over red. Again, this isn't Westchester, but one of my favorite FDNY Apparatus is E23. Some of the things they have done really set it off from the other rigs. Everything from the gold leaf lettering, to the bell on the front, it really makes it stand out.

post-721-1146214777.gif

Another shot of FDNY E23

post-721-1146214844.gif

I must admit, appliances in many parts of the U.S. do seem to be the pride & joy of many Fire Departments and Firefighters, both Volunteer and Permanent.

Here in my service not many Permanents show any pride in their Station Appliances.

One of the types of Appliances my own Station is equiped with, one that I must say our whole Station has pride in.

post-3790-1146216616.jpg

Edited by grant209

I never seen that rear Mural on the Ramsey Mid Mount Very Nice Must be work of Ed May Wh has done alot of work on NY/NJ area Apparatus

Smart work with the mural on the doors, take'em with ya when the rig goes

Wallington,nj Truck 201 2002 Seagrave

2000/500/100 ft Rm

**First seagrave stick to sport a black ladder**

wally.jpg

Rye's ladder 25 has Garnet Pride writen above the front windows

I'll try to get a pic up of Engine 192. It has been having some technical issues and is currently out of service....

pcfd tl2 has a "steel your face" on it. we received written permission from the grateful dead society to put it on our rig.

Here's Engine 47's decal.

post-3185-1148761761.jpg

TL2 has the best graphic for sure. I hope you guys keep the Grateful Dead theme with future rigs to come.

the Grateful Dead theme is sweet, I want to see some picutres of this. I like one of Verplanck's engines it is Green with the Notre Dame Fighting IRish decal

Wallington,nj Truck 201 2002 Seagrave

2000/500/100 ft Rm

**First seagrave stick to sport a black ladder**

2006_0506Image0057.jpg

What Mike was trying to post

i like engine 42. it has a nice mural of the 95 coridoor and walking were the devils dance.

Peekskill Tower Ladder, gold leaf graphics.