Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Tarrytown TL-78 A Code 3 Canidate

18 posts in this topic

Today, Code 3 Collectibles posted photos of a prototype 1/64th diecast replica Tarrytown TL-78 in the Club area Workshop of www.Code3.netIf you're a Code 3 club member, check it out. Looks good, and definetly a piece I'm going to add to my collection. They state it's not guarenteed it will be made, it is only posted to garner feedback and if made, is a canidate for the fall schedule.

Edited by x635

Today, Code 3 Collectibles posted photos of a prototype 1/64th diecast replica Tarrytown TL-78 in the Club area Workshop of www.Code3.netIf you're a Code 3 club member, check it out. Looks good, and definetly a piece I'm going to add to my collection. They state it's not guarenteed it will be made, it is only posted to garner feedback and if made, is a canidate for the fall schedule.

look for it in the september 2006 time frame.

I was sooooo hoping they would have shocked us with some new tooling, but what they're showing is exactly what I thought they'd do.

Just add some lettering to the front of the cab, and change the wheels, and it's about as close as it's going to get.

I haven't seen the sample pics yet, but hopefully they will get the detail right. The president of our company (Washington Engine TL78)is supposed to be handling the interface between us and code 3.

I was sooooo hoping they would have shocked us with some new tooling, but what they're showing is exactly what I thought they'd do. 

Just add some lettering to the front of the cab, and change the wheels, and it's about as close as it's going to get.

I haven't seen the sample pics yet, but hopefully they will get the detail right.  The president of our company (Washington Engine TL78)is supposed to be handling the interface between us and code 3.

Ask and ye shall receive ! Maybee you guys can hook a fellow Bridge Runner up with your discount on the piece. Brian - Central Nyack F.D.

t-town.jpg

t-town1.jpg

Would be great, Westchester has had there fare share of Replica's (which is good) I think they should also look west over the Tapp. Alot of goregous rigs over there.

I'm not impressed. Looks like something is missing here and there. But, it's a different paint scheme and the collectors will eat it up. BRING BACK JETMAN!!!!

Edited by JBE

how does a dept go about getttting a replica made up for their truck??

You submit photos and a back story to Code 3. Usually units with anniversaries, or an interesting paint scheme(such as TL-78) are considered. Sometimes if you have a unit which won't be hard for them to replicate with current molds(repaints), that's also a plus. Unique designs such as the Quantum are also a factor.

Edited by JBE

I'm not impressed. Looks like something is missing here and there. But, it's a different paint scheme and the collectors will eat it up. BRING BACK JETMAN!!!!

I've informed code 3 about some of the missing details. hopefully they will incorporate more into the model. they actually approached us/ALF last spring about the possibility of making a model of our truck.

I forgot to add, maybe LAFirePhotos could add to what I said about the selection process.

I forgot to add, maybe LAFirePhotos could add to what I said about the selection process.

Why don't we ask LAFirePhotos when he was employed by Code 3,how he Used "OOPS" I mean Promised many departments that Code 3 would do their department and never came thru.

As the official staff photographer of Code 3 Collectibles. Code 3 receives many requests from around the country from departments to produce their apparatus. It is a hard process to choose the right model to make. It has to be appealing to the public and unique. As we know FDNY is their biggest seller and they are currently reaching out to the West Coast collecters.

I have taken many photos of different departments apparatus that Code 3 considered to produce but could not at the time.

I think Tarrytown's Tower makes a good model to produce. It is different and a great looking piece of apparatus.

Joe Pinto

Yeah, I remember the stories about how there were three different departments all being told that their rig was the next Diamond Plate piece, just to keep everyone on their toes and guessing.

Wow, if that piece comes out thats defenatly going to be added to my collection, I have quite a few.

it looks like they left out some things on the model

it looks like they left out some things on the model

They did. Being it's not announced as a definate future release, C3 likely took old molds such as the Jacksonville cab with another ALF ladder body and did some minor tweeking. Even if they do release it, I wouldn't hold your breath for 100% accuracy.

It is going to be released. The feedback part is just them playing games.

They don't have a mold for a 148" ALF cab, nor a 100-foot tower. What you see is what you get. I just wonder if they're going to include the missing lettering, or maybe any of the other "small" details.

From the looks of things on Code 3's board today, if they don't release something from the East Coast soon, there's liable to be a riot. Can't recall the last time I saw that much negativity over one release announcement.