Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CAM502

The Results are in...

24 posts in this topic

Well folks, after weeks of waiting and wondering I couldn't wait any longer. So I called the NYS EMS office in NYC today and spoke to a kind lady who informed me that I scored a 91% on my EMT Written exam. That's right folks CAM502 is now a NYS EMT. Thought I would post this info here for my friends on the board who knew that I was anxiously waiting for my results. Thanks to Donny Softball and all the other instructors that gave the MV class.

Now I just have to go buy my EMT Badge...lol just kidding :D .

CAM502, Congrats!!!

What are the EMT # up too now?

I was # 150 _ _ _. I feel old. (32)

EMT Badge? Yes... Gold NYPD Detective Style! LOL :P

CAM502, Congrats!!!

EMT Badge? Yes... Gold NYPD Detective Style! LOL :P

CAM502, Congrats!!!

EMT Badge? Yes... Gold NYPD Detective Style!  LOL    :P

not old....just older! hell i'm 131...

those #'s sure do climb!

I became an EMT in January but was a CFR before that -- my # is 321_ _ _ HOWEVER when I became an EMT my class was 338_ _ _ -- kinda curious also about how many #'s the EMT class has jumped since January

Congrats CAM502. Don't forget to keep learning, EMS always presents challenges and oppurtunties with every shift!

Kudos to you! I am a CFR right now, My FD does EMS assist once in awhile. I Want to get more involved with the EMS field and plan on taking the class in Sept. I want it more for my personal knowledge, it would really scare me if someone I loved were to have a problem and I couldn't help. Anyway congrats too you and remember education and esp. continuing ed. are power the more the better.

Cam,

You going to volunteer someplace or where are you working?

Well folks, after weeks of waiting and wondering I couldn't wait any longer.  So I called the NYS EMS office in NYC today and spoke to a kind lady who informed me that I scored a 91% on my EMT Written exam.  That's right folks CAM502 is now a NYS EMT.  Thought I would post this info here for my friends on the board who knew that I was anxiously waiting for my results.  Thanks to Donny Softball and all the other instructors that gave the MV class.

Now I just have to go buy my EMT Badge...lol just kidding  :D .

Congratulations and good luck !!!

Well folks, after weeks of waiting and wondering I couldn't wait any longer.  So I called the NYS EMS office in NYC today and spoke to a kind lady who informed me that I scored a 91% on my EMT Written exam.  That's right folks CAM502 is now a NYS EMT.  Thought I would post this info here for my friends on the board who knew that I was anxiously waiting for my results.  Thanks to Donny Softball and all the other instructors that gave the MV class.

Now I just have to go buy my EMT Badge...lol just kidding  :D .

You better be careful with who you tell Chris. They may just detail you to cover an engine now. Congrats anyway! :lol:

I took my CFR TEST in Janurary 2004 and recieved #3305_ _

and i taken My EMT IN MAy 2006 and Passed and the Class is up too #35_ _ _ _ i beilve they jump very fast. I love it i am a New EMT but still have a lower number then an EMT cerit of a 1 and half.

Oh God, I'm Old, 067_ _ _. Congrats

EMS always presents challenges and oppurtunties with every shift!

Riiight. See, you became a medic and forgot what its like to baby sit pt's for medics. Cam, if you want to use your skills get out of westchester(except yonkers) or become a medic. While there are a few exceptions, the majority of medics are entirely too happy to run every call they roll up on, and its awful hard to beat paid medics with volly response times. While it is great for the pts, too many EMT's in the field can't find their a$$hole with a mirror when the medic can't make the call.

Well, luckily for us EMTs, several Medics have become lazy and triage everything down to BLS....even when it should get more attention. Part of the problem in my opinion is sending ALS on EVERYTHING - they're tired!!!! Send ALS when ALS is needed, like we USED TO DO!

#195_ _ _

No badge......no need. Good luck Cam!

Edited by Remember585

Congrats!!!!

EMT# 224___ Expired a while ago.

Any particular reason that FDMV held a EMT and not a CFR course?

Thanx to all for the congrats.

RWC130: I'll get back to you I don't remember off hand.

Pudge: We'll have to talk over a beer one day soon and I'll get into the details.

x635 & JustSomeGuy: I love training!! :-)

TPWS: I'm always available for OT!!! :-) (oh and you never answered my question from the PM I sent you)

20y2: The goal is to have everyone be an EMT and provide a better level of service to the community. If you want a better answer then that call 914-665-2626 and ask for the Chief.

Hey cam your welcome you guys did a good job learning and good luck, remember if you did something the wrong way it was donny that taught you.lol dave

tpws,,,when we going back to boston.

Edited by gss131

I got my EMT Cert last month and im 342*** its suprising to see then using 35's with on a month apart

Who was the training center/IC that did your class? We just finished teaching all the Probies at FTC and had quite a few MV guys in the class....but that was CFR.

CAM502, many congrats, great news !!!!

Henry

WAS,

It was run in house in MV, by the guys who do the NR classes.

BTW #344***

Thanx again to all.

Gratz on your new certification. Use it well. Any question? You know where to ask. ;)