Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HFD201

Code 3 September Release-Tarrytown TL-78

27 posts in this topic

Code 3 Collectibles September release will be Tarrytown's TL-78 as well as LA County Freightliner Engine 79...Tried to post pictures but it didn't work...If someone can post them I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.

AWESOME! Finally a month that satisfies me! Tarrytown's Ladder AND an LA County piece. THis month, I actually bought both releases, something I haven't done in awhile.

These were Orlando's doings, so I'm riding the wave while it last. Can't wait to see some of the other projects he developed. Code 3's not the same, so I worry after that...........

Anyway, 9AM just waking up here in LA and gotta to got, check blog for details

Great job on the Tarrytown Ladder. I just ordered one.

Does anybody know if code 3 has a website if so what is it?

Pass on the TL-78, although the LA County Freightliner will be on the shelf.

Got mine ordered. I do hope the finished product is fully lettered, unlike the prototype pics. Guess we'll know in a week or so, as it's scheduled to start shipping on the 6th. biggrin.gif

is it just me or is Code-3 been slacking on offering new models? they have no older models at all. and the ones they do have are so so. What i would love to see is a 1/32 scale ladder truck. i think that would be cool.

Right now only code 3 collector club members can order it as it has been limited to 1500 pieces. I ordered mine and I am sure it will sell out quickly. For those of you that want to insure you get it, there is one for sale on ebay right now:

Tarrytown Code 3

Edited by Photofires

is it just me or is Code-3 been slacking on offering new models? they have no older models at all. and the ones they do have are so so. What i would love to see is a 1/32 scale ladder truck. i think that would be cool.

It just seems like there isn't much coming out because the announcements are once a month, instead of once per quarter, which has it's ups and downs for sure.

As for the lack of inventory, they sold almost everything off to KB Toy Liquidator Outlets while preparing to move to their new facility.

1/32 scale ladder? Patience, grasshopper. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by AndyC3J

It's already SOLD OUT! ohmy.gif Best hope Westchester Collectibles got a bunch of 'em.

I think all hell is going to break loose on eBay very soon.

Past Time and Westchester are both sold out already as well. Guess Code 3 picked the wrong piece to do a "small" production run.

Other eBay alternatives:

Jaydeez Scale Models: http://www.jaydeez.com

The Fire and Cop Shop: http://www.fireandcopshop.com

Jaydeez are great people to deal with, and I've heard many a good thing about F&CS, too. Good luck, to all who are still seeking this piece.

So, has anyone else who ordered this model received theirs yet? What do you think of it? I think they did a great job, considering what they had to work with. Only wish they'd have added the front lettering.

Hopefully TFD is happy with the results.

So, has anyone else who ordered this model received theirs yet?  What do you think of it?  I think they did a great job, considering what they had to work with.  Only wish they'd have added the front lettering. 

Hopefully TFD is happy with the results.

I recieved mine this morning and I agree that Code 3 did a great job on this piece. The front lettering would have made it that much nicer, but overall a great job.

They are going for $120 on eBay ALREADY!

Dang.

I want one!

-cmc-

Contact Jaydeez (see link in one of my other posts above). Pretty sure they still have a few that aren't spoken for yet, and they're charging Code 3 Collector Club member prices.

any word any any more code 3 Yonkers rigs?

or albany

or even the new rutherford Nj engines

No word on Yonkers, although I certainly wouldn't object to seeing TL-75. The engines might be hard to do, with the "unique" body and all, and they don't (yet) have a licensing agreement with Smeal, so that leaves the ladders out. If they do anything more from there, it'll be something older.

No Arrow XT mold yet, so while Rutherford would be great, it's gonna be a while.

Best bet would be Albany, and with a collector in that area who's becoming an awesome photographer, I don't see how it would be all that difficult to get the necessary pics.

Be careful taking TL-78 out of the packaging... the bucket is not attached sturdily and it will break easily... this has been a common complaint with those whom have purchased it.

what happened to Code 3...some downfall for them

Edited by 23piraf

Someone explained a possible cause for the loose buckets on the now-defunct Code 3 board. The mold has been used numerous times now, and it's possible that the little stubs that hold the bucket on just aren't as big or well defined as they were on earlier releases.

Someone explained a possible cause for the loose buckets on the now-defunct Code 3 board.  The mold has been used numerous times now, and it's possible that the little stubs that hold the bucket on just aren't as big or well defined as they were on earlier releases.

Yeah I saw that... pretty interesting... I don't have one of the 1st releases of the ALF mid mount but it would be interesting to compare the Indy, Fort Worth, or YFD release to the part to see... LMK if you do and your results.

I saw the rig at the Stormville Flea Market over the weekend. I was not impressed at all. There were plenty of things missing. Quality has gone down the tubes.