Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maisela

FDNY Rescue 1 Spy Shots

58 posts in this topic

Last week, my department at school visited Appleton, Wisconsin for the final inspection of our new Pierce Enforcer attack engine. RES1CUE's pics are at the bottom of the page. Enjoy.

Forks Fire 2511 and FDNY Rescue 1

Good tour.

Cool spy shots of R1, and your truck is really sharp looking. Nicely done!

Interesting, looks like there is no pass through to the cab. Is this the case with all of the currant Rescues in the city? The Officer and the RCC are cut off from the guys in the back?

Edited by lfdR1

Interesting, looks like there is no pass through to the cab.  Is this the case with all of the currant Rescues in the city?  The Officer and the RCC are cut off from the guys in the back?

Yes this is the current design for the rescues.. They did try a design prior to the current rescues, which did have a crew cab for the members.

Wow, it's been way over a year since I intially posted that a Pierce Arrow XT was coming to FDNY after hearing it from a very reliable source.

http://emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=45...pierce+arrow+xt

It's nice to see some photographic evidence amongst the other evidence I had seen. Can't wait to see it and get photos of it for the site!!

Just wondering, why didn't the HME cabs work out? Did they not like them?

Wow- Pierce in the FDNY...

...now theres something I like to see! cool.gif

Just wondering, why didn't the HME cabs work out? Did they not like them?

I suspect it had more to do with the fact that the HME crew cabs turned out to be just too long, which is why they went back to the two man cabs with the crew in the walkin box, ala the previously used Mack MR chassis. Why they moved to the E-One chassis was likely more a product of the acquisition of Saulsbury (their body builder) by Federal Signal Group than any actual problem with HME itself. I mean, the HME cabs did last just about 8 years or so, which isn't to shabby all things considered. Now it seems the E-One chassis will barely even break 5 years of service. The HME chassis might've been in front line service longer had they not wanted to trim down the cab size. I would say 9/11 had something to do with it also, which it might've in one way or another, but even prior to 9/11 R1 was already being designed (and possibly even in the process of being built).

In my opinion and from my own observations, which don't mean jack, obviously. laugh.gif

but even prior to 9/11 R1 was already being designed (and possibly even in the process of being built).

I believe it was the late Captain of Rescue 1 who did alot of the design work on the new rescues.

I believe it was the late Captain of Rescue 1 who did alot of the design work on the new rescues.

Terry Hattan designed the current rescues, the E-ones while he was still allive. The Pierces are the same blueprint.

The only major change compartment-wise between the E-One and the Pierce is the addition of the forward-most transverse compartment on the box, taking the place of the small transverse compartments that were on either side of the E-One cab. The Pierce cab is shorter. That compartment (on R3 at least) housed the stokes, KED, backboard, a gen light, the light tower mast and misc other small items like rope.

Edited by res6cue

Some images of the new Rescue 1

http://www.firematic.com/trucksnew/fdny

FDNY New York, New York

Many people do not realize that Firematic has had a service based working relationship with FDNY for over 30 years. With that in mind that we are proud to have received an order (via GSA - model 289) for a new Pierce Arrow XT HDR for FDNY Rescue 1. We know we would not have been given their opportunity to work with FDNY on this project had we not earned their confidence during our past endeavors.

Yes, everyone knows Pierce is the leader in the industry, and yes it is easy to highlight the advantages of the Pierce Arrow XT chassis. But in the end, this project is all about providing key solutions to problems as identified by FDNY. This particular rig has over 270 customized options just for FDNY.

Firematic is a seasoned apparatus service provider. We are one of only five companies in the United States to have achieved platinum battalion sales and service levels. Still providing a rig to FDNY RESCUE 1 is an apparatus dealer's Super Bowl.

People talk about "war" stories in this industry all the time. Well ... no where are there more stories than FDNY. These stories provide a road map to success. We can utilize the previous experiences of the FDNY technical services group as a bench mark, and provide components that FDNY has specified and feels are best in class.

Stay tuned ... we will be unveiling the actual finished product here on Firematic.com. At that time we will provide complete details and specifications for those interested.

These are many rumors floating around regarding this project. If you have a direct question feel free to e-mail phanratty@firematic.com. We will make sure you get the straight scoop!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Taz288

I have to say I am really looking forward to not only seeing this rig out on the street, but taking a ride in it. Maybe we'll see if this is the start of Pierce getting a foot in the door here.

anyone know when you will be able to see it in the streets????

Probably by the end of this year/beginning of next.

out of curiosity, when a new machine arrives at a comany's quarters has it already been fully equipped and ready to go in service or does each company have to switch over some/all equipment and who determines where everything goes? if the machine shows up fully equipped is the captain of that house/company able to request certain things be placed where he wants or has it already been determined & standardized at a higher level?

out of curiosity, when a new machine arrives at a comany's quarters has it already been fully equipped and ready to go in service or does each company have to switch over some/all equipment and who determines where everything goes? if the machine shows up fully equipped is the captain of that house/company able to request certain things be placed where he wants or has it already been determined & standardized at a higher level?

The companies generally tend to transfer equipment from one rig to another.. Positioning depends on what the company wants..

Anyone have a progress update on the new rescue?

Pics taken at the factory on October 9th (not by me though)...

user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted image

I remember when I was inthe exploeres taking a trip down to Rescue 1. That was back in the early 90's, and I think they had an HME back then.

Anyone know what they are doing with the Rescue truck there using know whne the Pierce arrives. The one they have know I believe is a 2002 Saulsbury/E-one.

Anyone know what they are doing with the Rescue truck there using know whne the Pierce arrives. The one they have know I believe is a 2002 Saulsbury/E-one.

I'm sure they'll keep it as a reserve unit, provided it doesn't fall apart! laugh.gif

Anyone know the status of FDNY's New Pierce Rescue 1? Im sure its got to be completed by now and possibly even delivered. I would love to see some final shots of this rig if anyone has any! Any FDNY guys know when it is going into service? Thanks in advanced!

doesnt look as good as the old ones but hopefully they were built better!

that truck looks nice

Looks good, but short. Is is shorter than previous trucks??