Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is Port Chester Ladder 31 Being Sold?

17 posts in this topic

If this was asked already I appologise, but has the Port Chester Fire Department sold their Ladder 31 yetor is it going to be sold?

I cannot wait to see the new piece of apparatus!

I would have to say no... It was at the Port Chester parade on sat. And parked behind the South End Firehouse.

No ladder 31 is not sold, still in service and 1st due. Being housed behind south end firehouse b/c headquarters is having half of the floor redone at this time. Floor has been in bad shape and needed repairs.

It is going to be traded in as part of the new ladder purchase.

NO!!! L-31 will not be traded in as posted earlier,it will be sold to the person/s with the highest bid or sold to a dealer...

Bids were opened last week,bid pending approval of Village of Port Chester.

Than rig will be ordered,& we than can work on a deal for L/31..

Any word on what type of rig they are getting...I heard its a rearmount of some sort......

I was contacted a while back when we built our Smeal pumper about the company and service. I assume that Smeal was looked at but I don't know if they went with them or not.

we are getting a smeal ladder on a spartan cab black over red to match tl2.

Just curious did the company look into a tiller again?

Hey when your new truck comes in, wanna try to get a side by side pick of your truck with our black over red Smeal/ Sparta LFD pumper? Might be a cool shot.

We did not have a large enough budget for a tiller like we had planned on so we went with a rear mount.

We did not have a large enough budget for a tiller like we had planned on so we went with a rear mount.

So I guess that means it's an end of an era. I guess all things come to an end eventually. Good luck with the new truck when it comes in. smile.gif

City of Rye's last tiller is officially OOS and has been stripped of all tools and equipment and now sits at the DPW yard. As of last week our New Seagrave ladder is on the assembly line and this week the new Engine 192 will arrive.

what is happening to the 1955 rear half of ladder 26 rye. if it is going to juck yard i have a friend who only has a 1955 horse and looking for the trailer. mellow.gif

City of Rye's last tiller is officially OOS and has been stripped of all tools and equipment and now sits at the DPW yard.  As of last week our New Seagrave ladder is on the assembly line and this week the new Engine 192 will arrive.

Will this Seagrave be they same as the other one in service in Rye....also...will this be the vollie ladder? Or how does the apparatus assignments work between the paid and volunteers. Thanks

L 26 now belongs to public works who will sell it off. They are going to try trade mags to sell it before using a auction to get rid of it. Also 192 is getting inspected this week not delivered.

what is happening to the 1955 rear half of ladder 26 rye. if it is going to juck yard i have a friend who only has  a 1955 horse and looking for the trailer. mellow.gif

i told your son for you to call the chief about this subject. i gyess you never got the message.