Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DADAY

Rescue Me, what people thought

35 posts in this topic

I was very pleased with the show. It had some laughs and lots of real things, The chief watching the game. How many times has that been a similar situation for many of us.

Definetly gonna watch next week.

Yeah... it'd be nice if cablevision carried it though :o

Yeah... it'd be nice if cablevision carried it though :o

Cablevision channel 40 in Northern Westchester

Might depend where you are in Westchester.. According to the Cablevision website, for Ossining - South (which I think is where Tarrytown would be fed from)... Fx is on Channel 40.... but I think on my TV it's a Home Shopping Channel... gotta double check.. wasn't home last night, and missed the premier..

Anyone have it on tape?

I thought it was ok, little more realistic in the portrail of the FF's. The interior search was the most realistic tv fire Iever saw, so that added a little realism to it. Better then third watch thats for sure, never got hooked on that. Better then back draft. Actually those two embarassed most ff's.

According to anywhere I see (including TV Guide) channel 40 is supposed to be FX, but on my TV's (both box & not box) it's the home shopping network

i'm cablevision ossining north

Interesting.. that's what i thought too.. was going to double check today.. Maybe this warrants a call to Cablevision.

I thought it was pretty good, putting the gear and vehicles aside. Anyone that has spent anytime around firehouses, especially on the career side, when you're together for 24 hours at a shot, will attest that "the firehouse BS and Pranks" were pretty acurate.

The comedy side puts a good twist to the serious side of it all. I will stay tuned, at least for now!

mike: I'm on Cablevision North in the Crompond area (no box) and it is on Channel 40 around here. I'll see if I can get you guys a BitTorrent link.

where was the truck boss during thast search?

Yup definitely better than Third Watch has gotten to be!

I didn't really like the first episode,and was very disappointed with it, but I'm willing to give the second episode a shot tonight. Sometimes shows get better after the first episode.

Well, you have to look at it like this....

The first episode is to introduce you to everyone, and get the feel of what the show is like. Then after that, all the good stuff can come into play because your familiar with the role, and the characters...

Everybody don't forget that a show progresses.... if you watch Third Watch on A&E Any weekday afternoon... you'll see VERY VERY BLATENT differences between the show then and now (on nbc)

Definately not a fan of the show!

Disrespectful in some aspects of the show. Not all firemen deal with those kinds of realistic situations in the ways they show!

Iliked the first one but then last night came around. I don't know anymore, last nights show was a little dissapointing. The show seems to take off in eight ways as opposed to staying on a couple of topics. I don't know why but I got real bored with it last night and almost fell asleep. I'll watch next with hopes that it can only get better. P.S Did anyone notice that when the truck co. pulled up to the mva that the hooks on the side were attached by the tops of them but the bottom of the hooks were still swinging back and forth after the truck had stopped, becauce there was nothing holding the bottoms..........

Not so Hot :sad: The scenes seem too choppy and awkward.

Everything jumps around and should be structured. The entire show I was waiting for it to get better! Thumbs down so far.

I think it needs more sex, people saying "a******" and less fire scenes. :roll:

I agree...Not hot is right. If it really blows this week again, i'm probably not going to bother with it again. And whats with all the sex scenes... :roll: More Sex, No Fire??? COME ON ACE!

The whole thing with the probie getting offered a three way with the guy's fiancee was funny as hell because it was a bit unexpected, but it's so far in left field tha it just takes away from the seriousness of the show. I remember when they first talked about this show it was supposed to be a comedy, but then they moved towards Drama. I think they're just going for shock value more than dramatic interpretation.

:cry: Kinda loosing the interest now. I only like it to watch the scenes with denis Leary, I pick up a magazine or a book during hte others. One more night and I'll watch it then that will be it. I can kinda relate to some of the players.... my wife doesnt want me to talk about the fd at home, any fd related phone calls I get must be on the dept cell phone and take in the other room. So I can relate to the poet Lt, when his OL tells him not to talk about work.

did you notice that in each scene the engine and ladder tend to be different in the response modes versus the onscene scene ?

Remember, we are all buffs here... Unfortunatly FX needs more than just the buffs to watch the show. I aree with most posts here that there is not enough fire, but at least it won't turn into a cop oriented show after the first couple of episodes. Would you rather watch yet another stupid a** reality show?

2nd favorite show behind Sopranos, gotta wait 2 more years for a new episode.

I watch it, and catch it mostly in reruns due to the fact there's not much else on at the time I watch it......I dont even know why I do, it's a horrible show really from all angles

I was hoping more for a modern day "Emergency!".........guess I will hafta keep on hoping, and clinging to the Third Watch reruns on A and E for the time being.

Well I think Seth pretty much summed it up right there. We'll keep on hoping! [-o<

to a none firefighter......it must make us out to be realy crapy people.......i realy hope the public understands that it is show a not all real....but then agein, all the sex scandles and drinking and such makes it hard to believe that we are good people........most of us are anyways

as soon as you get past the fact that the show really doesnt have much to do w/ firefighting, its not too bad. I mean, they could have made these guys stock brokers and had roughly the same plot lines.

As far as a decent fire related show, i would keep searching.

well apparently from what i hear, a lot of city firemen have the same problems so maybe the show is on course but it does make firemen look bad.

But like DG said anyone can have these problems if they're having a rough time coping with some issues.

Does anyone know when I can catch last weeks episode, I missed it.