Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Pelham FD Appoints 3 Lts. (New Position)

15 posts in this topic

Last night the Pelham Fire Department promoted 3 career firefighters to Lieutenant for the first time in the departments history. No further details at this time.

Congrats to the brothers in Pelham who were made!

On behalf of all the volunteer members of the Pelham FD, I extend hearty congratulations to our new LTs and their families on this important event. We reaffirm our respect and friendship to them and all our career FFs.

Out of curiosity, why do two of them have uniforms that look like Firefighter's (silver buttons, smaller badge) and one have on that looks like an officer's (gold buttons, larger badge)? Just wondering.

Out of curiosity, why do two of them have uniforms that look like Firefighter's (silver buttons, smaller badge) and one have on that looks like an officer's (gold buttons, larger badge)? Just wondering.

The Fire Fighter with gold buttons was promoted to fire inspector years ago and was issued gold for that position.

It is about time they made career officers there.

Now maybe Rye, Harrison, Port Chester and Rye Brook will do the same.

But don't hold your breath.

Last night the Pelham Fire Department promoted 3 career firefighters to Lieutenant for the first time in the departments history. No further details at this time.

Congrats to the brothers in Pelham who were made!

Just out of curiosity, the chiefs are volunteer in Pelham, right? So now there are volunteer officers, paid officers and both paid/volunteer firefighters.

What's the chain of command? Does a career officer take orders from a volunteer officer? Does a paid guy take orders from a vollie officer?

I'm not trying to stir up any controversy but rather understand how these different people interact.

Chris

PS - Congratulations to the new Lts!

Yea thats the same problem mt. vernon had years ago it was basically career vs. volly and eventually the voulnteers got pushed out. It was too hard to follow the chain of command with officers and chiefs being on both sides.

Edited by Scottyk107

ScottyK107,

It is my understanding that Pelham Fire Department both Volunteer and Career have a very good relationship.

With all due respect I would not be so quick to make remarks such as that's what happened in Mt. Vernon.

That opens up the door to bashing and we don't want that.

I think Chris192 was just asking how the new LT's will work in the chain of command. I am not a Pelham Chief or Firefighter I can't answer.

I am a Volunteer in a combo Fire Department. We have our differences from time to time, who doesn't? But... We ALWAYS respect each other.

I have Career Firefighters and Volunteers as close friends not only in my

Fire Department but others as well.

Volunteer or Career the key is BE PROFESSIONAL!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEW OFFICERS

GOOD LUCK KEVIN

ED, ANN,KATE & MEG

Hoss,

That link is no good.

Sorry CAM502, and thanks for bringing it up. We have since changed that page.

Please find below a reprint of the photo and text from The Pelham Weekly:

Printed From The Pelham Weekly

2006-11-17

[attachmentid=1529]

Three Lieutenants Among Career Firefighters Appointed in Village of Pelham Fire Department

Three veteran Pelham Village career firefighters— Julian Keiser, Kevin Brennan and James DiNapoli— were appointed to the rank of lieutenant at the Nov. 7 Village Board meeting.

Pelham Trustee Theresa Mohan said the three lieutenants will rotate through the four tours staffed by career firefighters, effective sometime in December, and be the tour supervisors.

At a fire, they and all career and volunteer firefighters report to Chief Rich Carfora, who succeeded former Chief Robert Glover who was a New York City career firefighter for 30 years and retired this year as Pelham’s fire chief after serving 17 years as a volunteer.

Pelham Mayor Michael Clain said the new management structure is important to ensure that the Village make the most of its combined department of career firefighters and volunteers.

Lt. Keiser, with 25 years of service, is the senior officer among Pelham career firefighters. The other two new lieutenants each have 18 years experience, including the last seven in Pelham.

The Pelham Village Fire Department currently has 16 paid firefighters and 36 active volunteers.

post-839-1164051736.jpg

Thanks Hoss.

And Congrat's to the new Lt's.

congrats boys! nobber-hope they give you a new hat because the one you got on must have shrunk in the rain!!! be safe jjc

Congrats to the newly promoted career Lts! I think its definately a plus to have career officers in any career dept. (just my 2 cents).

Best of luck to the new Lts and may they serve their dept/men well!