Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
22 Truck

Not something you see everyday

20 posts in this topic

I'd be willing to bet that they won't be that rare this time next yr, with the Velocity as the other option.

When trucks strart coming in Pink, then I get scared.... smile.gif

When trucks strart coming in Pink, then I get scared.... smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

These photos were taken @ the 2006 City of Port Jervis FD parade. The truck if from Blooming Grove PA.

**Both photos are from www.OCNYFIRE.com **

lol. 201. That is why I love this site. That was awesome...in the comedy world timing is everything.

Its probably pink because the nickname they gave it is "The Pink Panther" of you look above the Front Left fender. rolleyes.gif

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

Thats a Sick Rig, Stopped by Lafayette a few years ago when on Vacation in Lancaster. I Love the Orange myself

Not 100% positive, but I don't think that North Naples shot is by Ron Jeffers, especially considering that he lives in New Jersey. More than likely, it's Ron Arnow.

Yes, there's only a handful of Quantum mid-mounts thus far. Can't wait to see Lafayette's finished. Maybe it'll run the show circuit next year? For those who don't know, Code 3 Collectibles will be releasing a model of Lafayette's Quantum rescue pumper any day now. Hopefully somewhere down the road, we'll see a miniature version of the new mid-mount to go along with it.

Looks like the Pink Panther got a new paint job. It used to have the name of the fire company spelled out on the side of the tank in "big" pink letters.

Not 100% positive, but I don't think that North Naples shot is by Ron Jeffers, especially considering that he lives in New Jersey.  More than likely, it's Ron Arnow.

Ok I wasn't sure, but that makes more sense I suppose. Post edited.

Its probably pink because the nickname they gave it is "The Pink Panther" of you look above the Front Left fender. rolleyes.gif

Which came first... the color or the name?

OK, Im not scared YET!!!! but if there was more pink involved I would be.

Which came first... the color or the name?

The true story is there was too much white in the red paint!!!! tongue.gif

I had a buddy who got married in Erie, PA. The church was in the outskirts and they had an all dark purple fire truck that had grimace from McDonalds as their mascot. Was a nice looking apparatus even if it was purple and body wise was very well designed for their response area.

does it have an orange lights bar in the middle?

They look Yellow, not orange compared to the left and right light bars.

Just a side note, I was looking around on their website and I saw pictures from a MVA it looks like all the members are wearing reflective vests over their turnouts. Has anyone else seen this or know for sure that is what I see?

http://www.lafayettefire.com/fullstory.php?37292

Edited by JM15

Just a side note, I was looking around on their website and I saw pictures from a MVA it looks like all the members are wearing reflective vests over their turnouts. Has anyone else seen this or know for sure that is what I see?

http://www.lafayettefire.com/fullstory.php?37292

I cant tell for sure but it looks like they are....if they are not well then that is some nicely designed turnout gear

back on topic......im not a fan of mid mount on a quantum...a pumper on a quantum is good but i just dont like the quantum front

lets hope they start putting ladders and buckets on some other chassis

If they are JM....applauds to them. Law enforcement organizations have made a big push for all officers to wear these vests at MVA's and such and I am seeing more and more police officers wearing them. Perhaps more the fire service will wake up like that department and realize the benefits. Particulary the ones who love their all black gear with with about a foot of reflective material on them.

bvfdjc...I think it looks nice on the Quantum. As far as hoping they make ladders and such on other chassis, its all what you order. Then again, as I've said in the past, as long as it works properly and stays in good working order, who cares what it looks like. Its a fire truck.

user posted image

user posted image

These photos were taken @ the 2006 City of Port Jervis FD parade. The truck if from Blooming Grove PA.

**Both photos are from www.OCNYFIRE.com **

"Why Daddy, WHY?!"

Edited by Remember585