Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HFD201

2007 Code 3 Releases

56 posts in this topic

Upcoming release for Code 3 in 2007 is 1/64 BALTIMORE COUNTY AMERICAN LAFRANCE EAGLE ENGINE (E-71 is pictured). CODE 3 members can view this in the workshop section under FDNY Ladder 10 Diamond Plate.

That's it? I wonder when my LA City ALF tiller will be released?

Still, a nice piece that I will add to my collection.

That's all they mentioned so far, possibly the January Release?

Man, Code 3 used to be the S%($! The Quarterly Releases used to rock. Now, all it is one rig a month. Ah well.

-Joe DA BUFF, who's also too financially strapped to buy Code 3's.

Announced today (Jan 12) another 2007 Code 3 release will be 1/64 Allentown, PA Pierce Dash Rear Mount.

Now the Allentown piece is AWESOME!

I love the truck itself, and can't wait to add it to my diecast collection.

Also FDNY Engine Co. 305.. The 1958 Mack C.

And FDNY Engine Co. 305...The 2005 Seagrave

* Note Both Are currently Sold out.

Releases for the month of February are the two rigs stated earlier in this post:

1/64 Baltimore County American LaFrance Eagle Engine 71

1/64 Allentown Pierce Rear Mount Ladder Truck 11

Both are limited to 1,500 pieces. Ordering opened today.

Photos of both can be found at Code 3 Collectibles

Now the Allentown piece is AWESOME!

I love the truck itself, and can't wait to add it to my diecast collection.

X635,

Something unique about the Allentown piece is that it is not Ladder 11, in the city is is designated as Engine 11. It is a great piece and Code 3 did a great job replicating it, See actual photo: http://mysite.verizon.net/axe33/apparatus/afde11p5.jpg

I encourage you to check out this buff's website, he has the entire AFD apparatus photographed in addition to all of the Lehigh Valey by station, most of PA, NJ, FDNY and various other spots.http://mysite.verizon.net/axe33/

Another nice collectable code 3 made in the past was of AFD Truck 1, truly one of the great Mack's from an era when no Mack left Allentwon until AFD tried it first.

Another nice collectable code 3 made in the past was of AFD Truck 1, truly one of the great Mack's from an era when no Mack left Allentwon until AFD tried it first.

Code 3 Collectibles never made any such piece. That was, I believe, Corgi's doing.

Code 3 Collectibles never made any such piece.  That was, I believe, Corgi's doing.

I couldn't find it on Corgi's site, so I figured it was a Code 3 assuming no one else makes them.

Previews of the March release were posted today on Code 3's website under workshop for Code 3 members to view.

Another FDNY...1/64 FDNY MACK HAZMAT HEAVY RESCUE, like the Mack Rescue 2 released in June of 2006

I couldn't find it on Corgi's site, so I figured it was a Code 3 assuming no one else makes them.

If you are referring to the single-axle Mack CF Aerialscope, that was made several years ago, so it probably isn't still on the site. But, Corgi is the one who makes the 1/50 scale 'Scopes.

As for the March release, there is some confusion over that, as they said last week that the March release (never hinted there is going to be more than one piece for March) would be the first dealer-exclusive model of the year, and that it would be previewed in the Workshop before release. Well, that (HazMat) is what's there now, yet word through the grapevine is that the dealer who's having the exclusive is Past-Time Hobbies, out of Illinois. Highly unlikely they would be carrying an FDNY piece all by themselves, but who knows?

Anyone talk to Barry at Westchester recently?

Previews of the March release were posted today on Code 3's website under workshop for Code 3 members to view.

Another FDNY...1/64 FDNY MACK HAZMAT HEAVY RESCUE, like the Mack Rescue 2 released in June of 2006

I wish they would make Collapse 2...same mold.

It would be even better if they made a die-cast of FDNY's 43 Truck...perfect gift for my girlfriend's father (hes one of the Lts). Anyone know if you can have them custom make a truck you want?

The March Release is the 1/64 FDNY MACK HAZMAT HEAVY RESCUE. It is indeed a dealer exclusive. It is only available through Pastime Hobbies, not through Code 3. Limited to 2,000 pieces. For ordering information see below:

Pastime Hobbies 'N Collectibles, Inc.

9311 Ogden Ave.

Brookfield, IL 60513

708-485-4544

Fax: 708-485-4559

Or visit them on the web at: http://www.pthinc.com/

Edited by HFD201

April Release: 1/64 Forest City Fire Department (Iowa) Pierce Dash Top Mount Pumper. This is a Club Exclusive diecast. It commemorates the 129th Iowa Fireman's Association Convention hosted by Forest City this coming September. 1,500 pieces will be released to club members next Friday. If any of the 1,500 remain, they will be released to authorized Code 3 dealers. In addition, 750 pieces are being held for sale and giveaway by the Forest City Fire Department at the Convention

April Release: 1/64 Forest City Fire Department (Iowa) Pierce Dash Top Mount Pumper. This is a Club Exclusive diecast. It commemorates the 129th Iowa Fireman's Association Convention hosted by Forest City this coming September. 1,500 pieces will be released to club members next Friday. If any of the 1,500 remain, they will be released to authorized Code 3 dealers. In addition, 750 pieces are being held for sale and giveaway by the Forest City Fire Department at the Convention

hmmm.....this forest city rig sounds like a nice rig. is there any pics of this rig yet??

They are up on Code 3's site. Lately there hasn't been anything that has made me want to spend any money on them. I did get two Seagrave E-305's that I will be redecaling into E-308.

New Arrival , Got mine locally !

post-23-1178217505.jpg

Edited by TR54

Code 3 Ten Truck

Photo TR54

post-23-1178217440.jpg

TR54

post-23-1178217612.jpg

Oh how i WISH I had the money to support a hobby such as that. Those Code 3's are beautiful. Too bad for the whole poor college student thing, lol.

In stock locally. wink.gif

post-23-1178218135.jpg

post-23-1178218260.jpg

Oh how i WISH I had the money to support a hobby such as that. Those Code 3's are beautiful. Too bad for the whole poor college student thing, lol.

Hey Nathan, I know how ya feel, I'm just a poor City worker who not only afford these Code3's but haven't got the space to keep 'em.

Hey Nathan, I know how ya feel, I'm just a poor City worker who not only afford these Code3's but haven't got the space to keep 'em.

Hahaha

May release, 1/64 FDNY Seagrave Engine 59 Limited to 2004 pieces. $39.99. Ordering opens for club members today I believe.

Posting this comment in a forum based in New York might seem a little odd, but here it goes. Am I the only Code 3 collector getting tired of the same old FDNY rigs, just with different company numbers? I'd heard rumor that releases for 2007 included an ALF TDA, and some other interesting models. The Baltimore County ALF engine, and Allentown Quint were great, but aside from that its mostly been more of the same. With all the interesting apparatus out there, you'd think we could get something different!

Yea variety is great, that's why it was good when they had multiple releases each quarter instead of monthly it seemed to provide an opportunity to please most people. However, facts are the FDNY rigs sell out everytime. I too would like to see more variety, perhaps release an additional rig when an FDNY rig comes out since the mold for FDNY rigs are the same