Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GFD70

Mount Vernon - 4th Alarm

39 posts in this topic

Nate & JBE,

when the fire boats go over to help with a pier fire, is the approval still needed from the top? I seem to remember reading once that no approval was needed.

Edited by 23piraf

Nate & JBE,

when the fire boats go over to help with a pier fire, is the approval still needed from the top? I seem to remember reading once that no approval was needed.

I'll wait for Jimmy on that one. I am not sure.

Which FDMV Trucks are in service?

Tower Ladder 1 (the Seagrave) and Ladder 3?

And the Mack tower is in reserve?

The M/A plan should be reviewed, would Mt. Vernon every respond up to White Plains or Faireview Fire Dist. as a first or second request.

MV trucks in service:

Tower One ( seagrave)

tower 4 ( mack) open rear cab

Ladder 3 blew a waterway seal and is out

Ladder 2 still out for repair. Since Oct. of 2005

As for MA from New York city, they came about 2 years ago on there own. sometimes they sneak in and ask if we need help. Sometimes we catch there jobs and sometimes they catch ours.

To build on Nate's comment, it is a rare occurence that Bronx companies go north. It's also a pretty time consuming process.  Before I can send anyone, I have to get permission from the COD or Citywide Command Chief. Aside from one automatic aid Box on the BRP, that's it. However, if I have something that I think may be on the side of the Westchester departments that we border, I make it a point to give that department a courtesy call to let them know we are responding to an incident that may be in their neck of the woods.

JBE

You may give a courtesy call but nobody else does. FDNY works many times in our district and we don't even know they are in town.