Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

NYS*DOT Depots in Westchester

14 posts in this topic

I'm trying to figure out which NYS*DOT depot the plows/sanders come from for Central Ave in Hartsdale.

Also trying to figure out where the NYS*DOT (not NYS Thruway) depots are in Westchester. My memory isn't that great recently, but from what I can recall, NYS*DOT has the following DOT's in Westchester

-Millwood Route 100 & Taconic State Parkway

-Somers Route 100

-Hawthorne Dana Rd & 9A

-Saw Mill River Parkway @ Grasslands Rd

I know there's got to be more...

From my window in bed last week, I saw a new and old International, and some of the shots would have been perfect for my camera. I've been wanting a snowstorm when I'm home so I could get those shots, but hopefully there will be more snow and more oppurtunities.

Edited by x635

The NYS DOT plows on Central Ave in Hartsdale come from the Eastview Depot. Eastview would be either the one on Dana Road or Grasslands Road, many people refer to that general area as Eastview.

Mike

Edited by mikerabbit

2 more for that list:

One is located on the Sprain Brook down by Jackson Ave. The other is between 9A and the Sawmill In Yonkers. I'm not sure of the location, I think it is north of E-310 quarters.

Edited by WCDES-FTA

There is also a small depot right off of the Eastview exit on the Saw Mill, right next to the Tarrytown Lakes.

The one in Yonkers is on Saw Mill River road right by the overpass that takes you to Odell Ave and the A&P.

Edited by gpdexplorer

Also, but not sure, I believe NYSDOT and Thruway have yards under 287/684 interchange.

Yeah, they are right off Westchester Ave on the left side almost directly underneath the elivated roadway...i think thats Harrison?

The NYS DOT plows on Central Ave in Hartsdale come from the Eastview Depot. Eastview would be either the one on Dana Road or Grasslands Road, many people refer to that general area as Eastview.

Mike

These are two separate DOT yards... Dana Road at Route 9A and the Saw Mill River Parkway at Eastview.

There is also a DOT yard off Route 100 in Somers just south of Route 35 and one in Cortlandt just west of the Annsville Circle on Route 6/202.

The one on Saw Mill River Road is at the Odell Avenue intersection and covers much of the Saw Mill and Cross County.

Others are on the Hutch between Hutch Blvd and the CCP interchange and off West Street/Mamaroneck Avenue in White Plains/Harrison.

For the Thruway Authority, they have yards on I-95 in Larchmont (Chatsworth Ave is the cross I believe), Westchester Avenue under the 684 ramps, I-87 at the TZ Bridge, and a small salt/sand storage building at the Yonkers tolls in I-87.

Planning to kidnap a few tons of salt are ya?

There's also a NYS DOT yard on Arlo Lane in Cortlandt just off the Bear Mountain Parkway.

Thanks for all the info, guys. I knew I was forgetting a few.

Still hunting NYS DOT new Mack and Internation photos, now I have a few more yards on my list to stalk.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned it...

Route 100 at the Taconic State Parkway in New Castle.

Seth, if you're looking for lots of trucks, the biggest yard that I know if is the one on Route 55 just outside the City of Poughkeepsie. That's the regional HQ.

Hopefully you'll be up and about soon enough to go on a photo hunt!

Ah, thanks for reminding me Chris!!! I'm always seeing newer trucks roll out of Poughkeepsie, i know the Fishkill substation on Rt. 9 just before the Putnam Border also has some nice trucks. If i can, i'll try and take a few pictures for ya....but im no photographer!!

While on topic, Westchester County DPW has the yard up on Lake Street in Harrison.

But what exactly do they plow other then the Bronx River Parkway and the Grasslands property?

Edited by 23piraf

Saw two of the new Macks today one on 684 and the second one in the eastview yard parked just a fyi

i am sorry if my post got lost in another area but i try again

there rae 2 regions of dot in westchester 8=9

8-8 as dot calls them im from 8-9 at dana rd and 9a across from the fire trainning center

this hq for lower weschester so of 117 in pleasantville

to the water in both directions east and west and to yonkers in the south

we do every parkway but the bronx river which is a county road we have 6 yards

we have a bunch of new macks in the differrent yards which are always open during the day so come and take all the pictures you want

region 8-8 is out of katoah on rte 100 they have 3 yards near muscoot farm

i canot speak for them but i know they are there also

hope i can clear that up a little

mike

i am sorry if my post got lost in another area but i try again

there rae 2 regions of dot in westchester 8=9

8-8 as dot calls them im from 8-9 at dana rd and 9a across from the fire trainning center

this hq for lower weschester so of 117 in pleasantville

to the water in both directions east and west and to yonkers in the south

we do every parkway but the bronx river which is a county road we have 6 yards

we have a bunch of new macks in the differrent yards which are always open during the day so come and take all the pictures you want

region 8-8 is out of katoah on rte 100 they have 3 yards near muscoot farm

i canot speak for them but i know they are there also and annsville circle yard is the bridge crew for most of westchester county

hope i can clear that up a little

mike