Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Painting A Walker

25 posts in this topic

Many of you know that I want to customize my walker. I was hoping to get rid of it sooner, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon, so I want to paint my walker.

The walker's main body is made of aluminum. I want to spray paint it lime green. I was thinking rustoleum, but do I (more like who does it for me) have to prepare th surface?

I will also be adding blue stripes and making it "Walker 170"

I may get a new one though. This one sucks.

Probably just have to shoot some primer on it, let it cure and then do what you will with it!

Yea, I think rustolium has primer in spray form... not positive though. Sounds like it'll be a pretty awesome walker. Have you considered putting some little red LED flashers on the front?

First, find the walker you like (if anybody could ever like one of those things), then you, or whoever does the work may need to sand it before priming it, and yes Rust Oleum does have a spray can primer. Painting and striping her is only the first step. Then, ya GOTTA ste the thing up with some LED lights and of course it'll need a radio, etc. as well.

I still say Seth using the walker when wearing one of those toy fire helmets with the flashing light and siren would be the best tongue.giftongue.gif

Seth must have been reading Doonsbury this week with the re-posting of the strip where B.D. goes to get his "C-Leg" customized!!!

Yah, get a primer coat down with Rustolium or some other metal finish paint product. Or if you want, we could all pitch in an powercoat it.

Don't forget a rear view mirror and one of those little bike horns to tell the slow types to MTFO.

Well, I WD-40 out of the wheels, that I have beat to crap going through salt and sand. I have to get someone to remove, clean, and replace/addjust the wheel assemblies. It's also time for new tennis balls.

The aluminum on the walker has some sort of coating that would need to be sanded off. Then I thinlk some lime green Rust_Oleum (there are so many vsrieties these days) and some blue striping and I'll be all set.

Boy, I feel bad for the next person coming to visit me who has these skills....

Or maybe I'll get one of those modern ones with brakes- or even better- a hover-round! But hopefully, Ill be on my feet again soon.

The most important question here is:

Where are you going to mount the Federal Q?

biggrin.gif

Good luck Seth, I wish you a speedy recovery!

The most important question here is:

Where are you going to mount the Federal Q?

biggrin.gif

Good luck Seth, I wish you a speedy recovery!

a rotoray would look hot.

A Roto-Ray would get people out of my way...not by the lights, but by hitting them. Some people are amazing,

How about Mr. mobility? tongue.gif

I think a rascal would suit you!! And, that you could fix all up with your strange color for apparatus and the blue stripes. Probably could get a larger battery and have some decent lights on the thing.

Believe me, I'd love to have a Rascal or Hoverround, but walking, even with a walker, keeps my legs sstrong. Hopefully I won't need the walker anymore after a few more weeks of physical therapy. and some other stuff.

O.K. Seth if you need it done i will do it . I talked to a guy that does powder coating. He would need to do a lite sandblasting to prep the metal then he has about 1000 diff colors . first a powder coat then some 1/2 inch pinstripe and then some whelen TIR3 lights foward facing red/white and your all set.

4-2

Always on the mark LaGrange. Just like always brother!!

LOL Paul!

I'd love to take you up on that offer, but by the time that's all done I'm hoping to be "promoted" to using a cane. Also, although I need my walker 24/7, I'm sure I could get a loaner.

Thanks for the offer though, lol. I may still take you up depending on the events of this week.

Maybe for a quick fix one of the E-170 guys will spray some rustoleum on it- the kind that's made specifically for that surface. That's after I get them to come over with the sawz all for a small task that needs doing.

Seth, the brothers in Poughkeepsie would do it for you but it has to be white over red. LOL......

Alright, as incentive to getting Seth to get promoted from a walker to a cane I propose a contest:

Dude, pimp my cane!

Everyone get a cane and paint it/outfit it with as many Hartsdale FD colors, lights, decals, logos, etc. as you can. Post a picture of it here and we'll all vote for the best five (like American Idol, not!). Then Seth can pick his favorite and use it (or them) during his recuperation!

Note, the cane must not be equipped with so many batteries or warning devices to render it heavier than a Yugo!

That's a good idea.

Alright, as incentive to getting Seth to get promoted from a walker to a cane I propose a contest:

Dude, pimp my cane!

Everyone get a cane and paint it/outfit it with as many Hartsdale FD colors, lights, decals, logos, etc. as you can.  Post a picture of it here and we'll all vote for the best five (like American Idol, not!).  Then Seth can pick his favorite and use it (or them) during his recuperation!

Note, the cane must not be equipped with so many batteries or warning devices to render it heavier than a Yugo!

OMG!!! We don't want him to get eletrocuted too...that is all he needs!