Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
20y2

The new Westchester Medical Center Ambulance

15 posts in this topic

I saw a HUGE International chassis ambulance driving northbound on the Hutch this afternoon covered in that a HUGE Westchester Medical Center symbol, does anyone have a pic or any more information on this monster?

As far as I know, thats the new STATflight ground truck. Best part about it- it's got a real Q on it!!!

648eng119 is correct , STATFlight ground ambulance.

The ambulance was already built when purchased by WMC , The Q was spec by original buyer Not Westchester.

The Q was just on the bus.

Where is this bus housed?

I think it is nice...Definitely a mobile advertisement!

that bus is huge, that has to be the biggest bus i have ever seen, i like the lighting and the paint job, very nice

There are some places that use there type rigs as routine EMS units...I have seen bigger...especially in NC and FL.

mechanical siren on an ambulance??? ...NICE. its the STAT bus, so it might be near cedar wood hall on the NYMC campus or near the landing pad behind WMC

Several departments in the New Haven (new HAven, West Haven & Milford) area run these as rescues/ambulances. Also, Fairfax County, VA FD uses these for their ambulances.

There are some places that use there type rigs as routine EMS units...I have seen bigger...especially in NC and FL.

Oswegowind is right all of our busess down here in Florida are that big some bigger. There are some with a 2 foot roll up compartment on that same platform as the one pictured between the box and cab they are bigggg

It's a Freightliner/Mccoy Miller with a VERY cheap vinyl lettering job. Like most of the things the Medical Center does, they skimped on what could have been a very nice bus.

I'm wondering if it was a demo or used bus....I highly doubt that they would spring for a Q.....I'm suprised they paid for tires!

[attachmentid=2657]

[attachmentid=2658]

post-11-1178296057.jpg

post-11-1178296165.jpg

But it is an improvment....

(They did have a newer Wheeled Coach inbetween this and that)

[attachmentid=2661]

post-11-1178297155.jpg

I like the look of their new bus. We have two brand new ambulances that are the same size.

To see these new buses, take a look at our website:

www.chesterambulance.com