Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikeinet

Bedford Hills Train Vs. Truck Discussion

12 posts in this topic

Approximately 30 injuries....most minor....worst injury was a possible broken leg. Ambulances responding include KBHVAC (Home team), MKVAC, Bedford Fire, WEMS, OVAC. I'm sure others as well.

Armonk, Yorktown and Somers ambulances responded as well.

I'm hoping to get the pictures to seth by tomorrow [-o<

I was advised that North Salem VAC went to KBHVAC hq for standby and Brewsterf FD Ambulance went on standby at NSVAC hq as well.

I have to give my props to Cutty (sorry I don't know your name) You did a good job as IC on that train incident. Good organization and sounded very professional on the radio both tac channel and command. Keep up the good work .

Where did you guys get that command board from?

Also - does anyone know where to get one or how to make one?

Fairview FD recieved a command Board From Con Edison.

FYI... Car 2251's father made Millwood's command board which is nearly identical to the one at the train incident with the exception that it is a wood frame as opposed to aluminum. If anyone would like, I'll get the info on how he built it and pass it along. For those that were present, it was the board used by 2251 at the Kings College Fire last year.

Edward Smith

Captain (2254)

Millwood Fire Co.

BHFD has two command boards, one for rescue 10 and one for car 2031. I think we got them from Con-Ed but i'm not 100% sure. i know they are the same style, if not the same ones, as FDNY uses. we saw how well they worked at the Kings college fire and thats why we got them.

For those of you that are asking about the Command Boards here is the contact info if you would like to purchase one.

Con-Edison / White Plains Rd. Bronx, NY

Kevin Sweeney 718-904-4844

or Bob Newnez 718-904-4710

The one that Bedford Hills FD has is the "Large Command Board" cost of $1,875.00

There is a smaller one called the "Suitcase Style" it is much smaller and costs $1,375.00

These are the boards currently used by FDNY.

The lettering or the chips for the board are not included.

The chips were made by:

Matthews Engravers in New Jersey

201-342-4644