Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
N1Medic

Pittsburgh EMS New Pierce Arrow XT Rescues

13 posts in this topic

Pittsburgh EMS just took delivery of these 2 new Pierce Arrow XT Rescues. A friend emailed them to me, photo by Bill Stuart.

[attachmentid=2672]

post-213-1178382782.jpg

Good for Pittsburgh EMS ... good luck with the trucks guys !!!!

nice looking rigs, any idea what/how they are used?

I am guessing that Pittsburgh EMS runs pin jobs and other rescue calls like some places in NJ?

I am guessing that Pittsburgh EMS runs pin jobs and other rescue calls like some places in NJ?

Correct. Those familiar with how rescue operates in Newark would find almost the same system in Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh Fire does no rescue work work. Why? Who knows? Its been that way for years. PEMS also provides two diver/medics on the river recue boats the Pittsburgh Police operate.

Almost makes you want to pack up and move to Pittsburgh and take an EMS job! Other than it looks like a cool place to work, I am not a Steeler, nor Pirate fan, and I don't hear too much about Pittsburgh being a tourist attraction! I love NY!

Well, if your gonna do it, i suppose you gotta do it right! Would love to work in Pittsburgh but my heart is in NY.

nice looking rigs. cool.gif

Nice rigs

Do firefighters or paramedics man these Rescues???

However, an OT gig on a Sunday morning to watch a football game ain't that bad...wonder if Pittsburgh EMS is the provider or if it is like Yankee Stadium where Transcare covers the interior???? They must have cheerleaders, so you know where I will be posted with my radio off!!!!!!!