Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xfirefighter484x

New Hackensack (Dutchess NY) Fire Expo 5-12-07

13 posts in this topic

Just a short and sweet promo.

The New Hackensack Fire Department in the Town of Wappinger will be hosting its 2nd Annual Fire Expo this coming weekend, Saturday, May 12, from 9AM - 5PM.

http://emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=17840

Link to thread that discusses the Sam Oitice Heroes Remembered Memorial, which will be present.

Last year this event featured over 50 firematic vendors; rigs, extrication equipment, radios, shirts, food, etc.

I missed out last year due to work, but this year I will be manning the booth for the DCC Fire Science program from 11:30 - 2:30, I hope to see people come and check this event out. It was a big success last year, and they are expecting even better this year!

Also, the weather is supposed to be gorgeous, so maybe any of our meteorological experts can help us out here and verify this *cough emt301* tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

I really wanted to go (as I did L.A. where it's Fire Service Day), but I'm not allowed to drive for the time being plus I don't think Metro North and a Bus would get me there in a timely manner :-( Plus too long of a drive or ride for me right now. Sounds like a great event.

So somebody get some photos for me!

I really wanted to go (as I did L.A. where it's Fire Service Day), but I'm not allowed to drive for the time being plus I don't think Metro North and a Bus would get me there in a timely manner  :-( Plus too long of a drive or ride for me right now. Sounds like a great event.

So somebody get some photos for me!

Oh COME ON!

Have you no hooks to get an ambulette or even a BUS?????

Where is the dedication!? laugh.gif

I'll be there with my little Chief!

The New Hackensack Fire Department in the Town of Wappinger will be hosting its 2nd Annual Fire Expo this coming weekend, Saturday, May 12, from 9AM - 5PM.

Also, the weather is supposed to be gorgeous, so maybe any of our meteorological experts can help us out here and verify this  *cough emt301*  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

You are correct my friend...should be partly sunny, with a high around 70 !!! cool.gif

Edited by emt301

Anybody go? How was it?

I missed it......good day to turkey hunt.

I missed it......good day to turkey hunt.

Did someone say smoked turkey jerky?????

Sure, Dan, I will take some!

How about some Venison Sausage????

As well, does anyone here volunteer for New Hackensack FD? If so please contact me via PM...May have 2 potential volunteers...my brother in laws just moved to Wendy Rd and all of sudden started asking me questions about the emergency services and are interested in joining!

Anybody go? How was it?

I will admit, I was very, very disappointed by the turnout.

sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

The amount of vendors and merchandise was very nice, yet the turnout in general was sad. Much much lower than I had anticipated. I am wondering if the nice weather had anything to do with it? people finding other things to do with the nice day.

Hoping to one day get to meet some of the EMTBravo population, and thought this may have been a big attraction for some of them. Probably a few went, but no one knows who I am/where I was.

Edited by xfirefighter484x

I will have to agree with xfirefighter484x the turn out was very bad, it is a shame as it was very well planned. This time I think the good weather hurt them.

x635 I did take some photos of the rigs if you would like them.

xfirefighter484x next time we should make a sign to have all forum members check it at the booth cool.gif

I went. Wasn't sure what to expect going in, but I thought it was a nice little show. Kicked myself for not having any money with me, but that's nothing new.

Shame that it didn't live up to what they expected. The nice weather may well have been a factor, but I don't think there was much (if anything) else fire-related in the area. Maybe just family time, lawn care, etc. Who knows?

Hopefully things will be better for them next year.