Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

St Lukes-Roosevelt EMS Ambulance

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the body make of this Ford E-450 ambulance?

St. Lukes-Roosevelt #1760, I really like the new? color scheme and the ambulance.

Also, where do the St Luke's ambulances turn out of? Do they have their own garage? Also, how many buses do they run?

[attachmentid=2822]

post-11-1180532031.jpg

that style of orange really pops out on the street

Wow nice Find nice bright orange

Man, I could really go for a creamsicle right now... wink.gif

I'm sorry but that is one ugly ambulance. Sorry guys.

Man, I could really go for a creamsicle right now...  wink.gif

No, the Good Humor Ambulance falls out of OLM*EMS! Completely Teal colored rig with the logos!

St Lukes used to come out of the Roosevelt Hospital...well at least that is where you go to apply and get interviewed by the EMS chief. Will have to check with Paramedic Blecker to see if it is still the same. This was right across the street from John Jay University btw.

How exactly are non-FDNY ambulances incorporated into the NYC 911 system?

They are on the EMS frequency and are assigned perminent EMS posts and respond to jobs just like FDNY units do, they are just owned and operated by the hospitals.

IE: 27A is an OLM*EMS unit and covers a section of the North Bronx.

I actually think that they are under the Continuum Health Partners that run a bunch of Hospitals in the city. They are two different hospitals Saint Luke’s Hospital located around West 115th street and West 114th street by Columbia University and Roosevelt Hospital that located between West 59th and 58th streets. Yes, the hospital is located right next to CUNY John Jays “North Hall” building on W59th and directly across from the “T” building on 10th Avenue. I briefly got to know some of the guys at Roosevelt when I went to John Jay there is a little garage on West 59th street where they keep a bunch of Ambulances and a Medic Supervisors truck, the rest stay out on the street waiting for a call. I don’t know how many they run, but they have to have a decent amount of them sine the garage was always full and the street was usually lined up with them, you had to be careful when going to class as to make sure you didn’t get clocked by one of them going to a call. I would rarely see a FDNY Ambulance usually just a SUV with and EMS and FDNY stickers on them the rest were common private Ambulances, from various companies. I don’t have a clue how they are incorporated into the 911 system except for the Saint Luke’s- Roosevelt’s Ambulances have a big FDNY participating sticker on them. A lot of the other private companies don’t have them; I can't imagine how somebody can organize a system with so many different companies and hospitals running around with their own ambulances.

Edited by mllax14

Wow!! I like diversity in paint schemes, but when I have to put on my sunglasses to look at my computer screen...I'd say it's kind of bright.

several years ago, in an effort to more effectively cover the city's EMS calls the hospitals were asked to turn out units. They proceded to take all of the coice areas. Places like Manhattan where the majority of your patients have private health insurance are wall to wall with volunatry units. On paper the only difference between FDNY and everyone else is where they restock and refuel. Truth is outside of a few hospitals most see EMS as a burden. The good units go through their own in house training before hitting the street and are held accountable for their actions. Others are just one more bus in the transport network. Over the past couple of years FDNy has been trying to get these units back. The dept first tried to force out the volunatries, but lost in court. Now the hospital has to want to give up the units. Several queens and brooklyn units have been switched over to FDNY and rumor has it the trend will soon be spreading to Manhattan and the Bronx.

Does anyone know the body make of this Ford E-450 ambulance?

St. Lukes-Roosevelt #1760, I really like the new? color scheme and the ambulance.

Also, where do the St Luke's ambulances turn out of? Do they have their own garage? Also, how many buses do they run?

[attachmentid=2822]

Egg cream anyone???