Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oswegowind

L74 Yonkers using new apparatus TONIGHT!

8 posts in this topic

Yonkers L Co. 74 currently assigned to Station 3 for temporary renovations at Station 4 is using apparatus # 074 (ironic). Was placed in service this evening at 1721 hours! Get ready folks cause new apparatus have a tendency to bring major fires to Yonkers! Almost like the ghosts coming out at Yankee Stadium during big playoff moments! Well, maybe not that crazy!!!!!!!!

So a notification to all the NorthEast Buffs with cameras...you better be ready...and cause I am working you better hook me up with some nice pics!!!!

MFY in "The Hall"

Good luck with it!

Correction, I thought I did...Now I really do...my Lt. just informed me.

I was once told that the fire dispatchers used to send out the jobs from Station 12 and they were in the "hall"way, however this is incorrect.

The real answer is:

Years ago fire dispatch was at City "Hall" and they used to have to call up and have circuits tapped, so the Fire Fighters would say, call "The Hall" and have them do whatever.

Edited by Oswegowind

How do you guys like the smeal ladders? Cany wait to get ours.

Yonkers L Co. 74 currently assigned to Station 3 for temporary renovations at Station 4 is using apparatus # 074 (ironic). Was placed in service this evening at 1721 hours!  Get ready folks cause new apparatus have a tendency to bring major fires to Yonkers!  Almost like the ghosts coming out at Yankee Stadium during big playoff moments!  Well, maybe not that crazy!!!!!!!! 

So a notification to all the NorthEast Buffs with cameras...you better be ready...and cause I am working you better hook me up with some nice pics!!!!

MFY in "The Hall"

can't happen,you see I, AKA white cloud , am working tonight,so the earliest the job would come in is at 0800 tomorrow.

I will miss old 74 glad I worked on it sunday