Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mamaroneck Village FF's Parade

18 posts in this topic

Did anyone take any good shots of the parade last night, or send any in?

Edited by NRFDTL11Buff

Speaking of the Mamaroneck parade does anybody know who won what trophy?

Darien won the best of everything its the second time in a row and they also won several other trophies for other things

West Harrison got 2nd best appearing Ladder and Resuce. Great parade, everything looked great. I think i added a picture of Mt. Kisco's new Engine. Let me know if it's not on there right.

post-3170-1183577232.jpg

I'll put some up later tonight.

West Harrison got 2nd best appearing Ladder and Resuce. Great parade, everything looked great. I think i added a picture of Mt. Kisco's new Engine. Let me know if it's not on there right.

Kisco's new engine is real sharp looking. Saw it at our memorial day parade this year.

Lake Carmel took best engine, 2nd best explorer group and 2nd longest distance

Any photos?

I hope this will lead to a mature discussion as I have dodged rocks before on this topic mostly in person but does it really matter who's rig gets first best. second best, etc? Isn't it important the the rig has qualified people to do the job thant the rig was intended to in the first place. I haven't marched in a parade other than Memorial Day in years even as a chief but it seems that they keep adding categories. I could remember getting flack one time because a judge decided to march along side me and I tirned to him and laughed a and another time I waved to a bunch of kids in front of a bunch of judges in which I thought parades were for the kids in the first place.

If we can't wave to kids or the general public who supports us than what's the purpose of marching??? For trophies? To say my engine is cleaner than yours? To say I have most people in the line of march? How about more people on the fireground....trained competent people. I could remember times when marching was a requirement to stay in a company yet there wer enot training requirements. Parades should be simply to have fun. Marching like we are in Fort Bragg is not my idea of fun. We should be this strict on training.

To say my engine is cleaner than yours?

Or is newer or more expensive. :P

by any chance were the photo's posted, sorry for nagging but i just wanna make sure im not going blind and has passed them, lol.

If we can't wave to kids or the general public who supports us than what's the purpose of marching??? For trophies? To say my engine is cleaner than yours? To say I have most people in the line of march? How about more people on the fireground....trained competent people. I could remember times when marching was a requirement to stay in a company yet there wer enot training requirements. Parades should be simply to have fun. Marching like we are in Fort Bragg is not my idea of fun. We should be this strict on training.

Couldn't have said it better HFD. Especially the last line.

Shouldn't be allowed to mach unless you have your front line house of cards in order first.

Exactly why I dont march anymore....

Edited by TCD0415

This may sound off the wall, but maybe there should be no judging or trophies. Shouldnt it be all about the little kids on the sidelines?

bumb!

I haven't seen any pictures yet?? Does anyone have an info on this..