Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest ksneubec

Blue Lights On PD Vehicles

71 posts in this topic

hey mikelouf2....what kind of car is it that you drive??

The fact of the matter is blue lights are solely for the use of volunteer firefighters on personel vehicles. I have no objection to police cars & fire trucks using blue lights............change the law, as it stands right now they are illegal

coming across this I had heard about a week ago that Pataki had given the ok and passed it so police dept's can now use blue lights again when only a couple of years ago I heard there was a thing passed saying no. I don't know how true this is yet because I am still looking into it more. I know both PA and NJ use blue lights on cop cars and Jersey uses blue ona lot of firetrucks. It does make it confusing though since volunteers also use blue lights

In CT police cars use both blue and red lighting, I dont think it is a big issue between volunteers and the PD's as to what color their lights are. Personally I could care less.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A DEAD HORSE? OR IS IT ALREADY BEAT TO A PULP?....

AMEN!!! There are pro's and con's to the whole thing--SAFETY FIRST is my take--and long as the Volunteers can keep using the Blue--

Blue to the rear is ok--to the front--should be minimal though--JUST MY OPINION!!!

But it is a Dead horse--so lets stop beating it!!

For those of you complaining about the Police using Blue lights, This is for you. It seems you may have forgotten that the name of the game is visibility and safety is paramount in this business of public safety. Wheather you carry a gun, a hose line ,an ax,or a oxygen tank ,we are all here to protect life and property. I have a knowledge of NYS V&T law esp sec 375 and the commisioners rules and regulations. regarding colored lenses, Which btw, states an active firefighter maybe affix one blue light to a vehicle.with permision from the chief officer. My point is that many firefighters use more than one light (different power supplies),Flashing tail or stobe lights.which is also illegal under NYS law. Yes I agree that Everyone shall obey the Law and you can't pick and choose which law or what part of the law you can follow. If you break the law yourself why do you moan and groan about other people doing it? Just relax, and enjoy in the fact that maybe, because the Cops are using a combination of Red/blue and whatever. People might start respecting a Blue light when they see it..

Thanks Mstremt--thats where I was going with my last post--don't know if I expressed it clearly enough.

How can you enforce the law when the vehicle you are driving is illegal.....................

THE ONLY BLUE LIGHT THAT IS LEGAL FOR F/D (VOLI) IS... ONE ROTATING BLUE LIGHT . NOT LEDS NOT STROBES!..LOOK IT UP!