Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Brewster Ex Cheif Dies Age 75 "Updated"

15 posts in this topic

Brewster Fire Department Ex Cheif Edward LaMere Sr. passed away last night after over 50 years of service to the town of Brewster.

He is survived by his son, two daughters, and four grandsons. I could say more about the man who gave so much to me, however I do

not have the time at the moment to reflect on a man who accomplished more in his life then most can ever imagine. For those who knew him

they can understand what I mean. I will put informantion about his funeral service when I get the date and time. Other than that I ask only

that you take a brief moment to remember the life of Edward LaMere Sr. and all of your passed loved ones. God Bless.

Writer: Alexander LaMere (Grandson)

The Wake we be held at Beecher Funeral Home (Brewster New York) on Thursday August 9, 2007 - 4pm to 8pm

Mass Service Friday August 10th at 10am at Saint Lawrence O Toole Church (Brewster New York)

All are welcome

Thank you for your support

Edited by ALaMere

Thoughts and prayers with Ed's family, and may he rest in peace.

Ed was Chief in Brewster in my early days in Croton Falls. It was always a pleasure to work with him. He will be sorley missed, by all who had the honor and the pleasure to work with him.

Rest in Peace, Chief.

1 word sums up ExChief LaMere's life.........Class

RIP Chief, I will miss you

Edward J Scott

Ex-Chief

Mahopac VFD

Rest in Peace, Chief. Alexander, my condolences to your family on your loss.

Take up, Chief. Your work here is done. God Bless and RIP.

a gentlemen and a great guy! often got my dad in trouble with my mother because they were out having fun! rest in peace ed. the carroll family- montrose

my prayers go to his family. may he rest in peace.

he was an great guy,! ! !. :(

Alex,

I'm very sorry for your loss brother, I didn't know the man, but I've served with you as a Police Explorer for more than a year now and if you are any indication of his leadership abilities I'm sure he was an outstanding officer. Let me know when the services are, I will be attending, and I'm sure some of the DPD Explorers will as well. Pass my condolences along to your family and stay strong Corporal.

Rest in Peace Chief

Alex Cardella

Firefighter, New Fairfield CT Volunteer Fire Department

Corporal, Danbury CT Police Explorer Post #33

Sorry for the double post, but I'm wondering if the funeral will be a uniform occasion for firefighters who are attending.

Yes to answer Sage's question and any other who have the same...for all firefighters...this is a uniform event...if you have one ...wear it please

Rest in peace Ed, you will be missed by all!

RIP Chief!

Chief Ed was great guy and always had a smile on his face, we had a lot ogreat times we will miss him.

Ex-Chief Michael Bergin

Mahopac, F.D. :(