Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robert benz

Arkansas Church Fire

19 posts in this topic

ok now that the pics are there is it just me or is there something wrong with the way this fire is being attacked :blink::blink::blink:

I sure hope these pics are fake but i dont think so and we keep on killing firefighters

Wow! That's all I have to say about that.

Would appear that Lady Luck was on their side. This time. Here's a link to a story on this fire.

Here's another one to wonder over: LaHarpe Fire

laharpefire_88.jpg

Luv the ciggy look too :P Guess they don't have the same policyt as the Florida department discussed a while back.

Ooops, just seen this one over here.

Edited by Monty

Big WOW!!!!! :o

I alway thought vent holes were for the fire & heat to get out.....

I would not be on that roof.... To many unneeded risks to the firefighters... :huh:

Someone wise once told me...and I repeat this again...."you can't fix stupid."

Like I've said..sometimes, well often we are just plain stupid. Did anyone there every hear of Lake Worth, TX and what happened at that church fire.

Anyone want to bring up the "monday morning quarterbacking" ridiculous argument on this one? Cause the head coach should be fired on this one.

WTF is right................. just wow.............

Would appear that Lady Luck was on their side. This time. Here's a link to a story on this fire.

Here's another one to wonder over: LaHarpe Fire

laharpefire_88.jpg

Luv the ciggy look too :P Guess they don't have the same policyt as the Florida department discussed a while back.

Ooops, just seen this one over here.

Thank God the screen was vented !!!

ALS with you my first thoughts when viewing the pics was of the Lake Worth fire. At that fire in Texas 2 off duty experienced career firefighters died in their volunteer capacities. ALS I think we must remember that there are probably a lot of members on this board are not familiar with the incidents or the lessons learned due to either their level of involvement or years or experience. For me this has become very apparent to me in both my career and volunteer capacities. At work the influx of new members naturally leads to members not familiar with the past and the hard lessons learned by those that came before them. In the volunteer service there are both new members and in many cases senior members that are not in touch with the incidents around the country. I guess our job is to keep this in mind and incorporate these lessons into training daily. I have done this but I know I can do better. In this computer age there is a wealth of easily accessible info that we must harness. I for one should read more NIOSH reports. In recent training sessions I have reviewed the Houston McDonalds Fire and the Coos Bay multi firefighter fatalities. And found them excellent learning experiences for all involved.

I guess just setting up an aerial stream or a TL was not an option here. Dumb move.

I guess just setting up an aerial stream or a TL was not an option here. Dumb move.

Actually it looks like a snorkel was operating on the otherside so they had atleast 1 arial. But atleast they had their SCBA's on!

16fire...you are absolutely correct in regards to newer members needing to be taught about these incidents. I couldn't agree more, when you brought up the Coos Bay, OR incident, I immediately flashed back to the Hackensack, NJ incident and the parallels there could should have been learned from. The Houston McDonalds, where we lost a brother and sister in a throw away building. Despite how many instructors from Vinnie Dunn to the municipal fire instructor to a person running a drill saying it over and over again about the perils of lightweight truss construction and that we shouldn't operate under them or on them.

I couldn't agree with you more brother. My points were directed more towards those whom are making these tactical decisions or not making the decision to stop them however. If any of those firefighters were to get seriously injure or even die the persons in charge of them in my opinion could easily be found to be negligable criminally and civilly. Maybe then more of us will get it.

The Courage to be Safe....do you have it?

At least they had their airpacks on? I credit you for trying to find some good in those photos....but I see no humility even in that.

Theme song for those guys (sung to the tune of the Bandaid commercial) I am stuck on Stupid, cause Stupid's stuck on me.

Last photo, theres an ariel in the background.

They are whats known as glory seekers....they need to be "Seen on the scene"....I see another sequal to "Dumb & Dumber"

That has always burned me...cut a perfectly good vent hole and it WORKS, in other words the heat and flame EXIT the building and than some MORON places a hand line or even worse a ladder pipe through the opening pushing the flame back in and the interior crew back out. Then, when they see the crews come tumbling back out in a hasty retreat they think they did the right thing just in time. M...O...R...O...N...S -_-

Stay Safe All

Moose

They are whats known as glory seekers....they need to be "Seen on the scene"....I see another sequal to "Dumb & Dumber"

That has always burned me...cut a perfectly good vent hole and it WORKS, in other words the heat and flame EXIT the building and than some MORON places a hand line or even worse a ladder pipe through the opening pushing the flame back in and the interior crew back out. Then, when they see the crews come tumbling back out in a hasty retreat they think they did the right thing just in time. M...O...R...O...N...S -_-

Stay Safe All

Moose

officers have to have the brains to stop this kind of action, to prevent the freelancer / glory seeker from getting in that position in the first place. BUT look at the first pic ahhh theres the answer A CHIEF IS ON THE LADDER DIRECTING HIS TROOPS. MAYBE IT ISN'T THE FIREFIGHTER WE HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT AS MUCH AS IT IS THE GUY GIVING THE ORDERS.

At least 2 of the pictures show at least 1 bucket in operation. The pictures also show several places where the fire has vented. common sense says the roof is no longer a solid structure so "GET OFF." No if's and or buts. get the Butts off. Do they have a "Saftey officer?" If so what is he thinking if at all?

Any firefighter should have the basic knowledge that this is not good. Any chief officer who puts his firefighters in this situation should have to answer the question, WHY?